Everything posted by LitterBug
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Got 99 DG today, my first 99! Thanks DGS & Our Moon for that last floor. It's gotten to be one of my favorite skills - there's so much to learn and the fun yet to come. And cape: BTW, sorry for the lag recently - I think my computer may have gotten affect with a trojan. I play a bunch of other games (LOL, DOTA, etc) and I don't lag on those games. However when I DG - sometimes I lag for a few seconds the screen just keeps rotating and rotating even if I didn't touch a single arrow key, I'd get insane lag. Also happens when I'm cannoning Dags under the lighthouse. Everything else seems fine though D:
-
Farseer Kiteshield
Thanks for all the input, I think I'll just grab a farseer kite. I have a bunch of tokens and the only thing I've bought so far are cr/cm/random scrolls/ring tiers I mean the tome of frost saves what? 3k water runes an hour? maybe 3.6k? I'd rather take something that's more useful to me
-
Farseer Kiteshield
I'm getting/gearing up for busting rock lobsters soon. I was wondering if the Farseer Kiteshield would be a good item to have. It has more mage attack then the books, but nobody ever recommends this so I'm trying to get an input. Is it just "too expensive" at 200k tokens or is it just not worth it?
-
Fishing
It's not like your fishing forever. You just C2 your floors - fish where you can. Then you can finish up the floor/kill boss and start on the next one. Mainly it's for people who DG - that way they can get rid of their lower floors that they would normally C1 but instead get fishing exp instead. However, if you have no desire to ever DG - this may not be the best decision for you.
-
Grenwalls
No, it wouldn't be worth it. This has been discussed multiple times and the conclusion is: -Hunting them when it's allowed is super slow -Hunting them at a higher level is not worth it since you can hunt jadinkos for seeds + much much more exp -The money is decent - but you can always make more money via other very accessible methods and then just buying the spikes
-
Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.
if anything APM would be more important for DPSers TBH, if you actually try to switch asap and use your F1-5 keys - it takes close to no time to learn the switches. However, I have a bad habit of switching ring styles - already be in combat so I can't switch back and forget to switch after the monster is dead :( Anyhow, I have a question for keyers. For those who are ranked and those who tend to key often in DGS - do you remember your keys? (And map placement?) I've tried to either write them down (which takes far too much time) or do it on Wicked's programs. They're both pretty time consuming and I'd do it when I'm in a gd but I know a lot of time I should be running paths/keys instead I haven't tried memorizing all the keys, I know where most of them should be but I always tend to have trouble with a few.
-
Strung rabbits foot
What? I'm not sure where the plank making comes in However, if you want - you can always wear a rabbits foot - chop teak and bank on ape atoll Then sell the teaks + spend time earning money and buying the planks (for construction I'm assuming) Since this is in fact the metagaming forum, the best course of action is to chop/split artic pines, make money via a different method (from your stats - either flipping/dragon slaying) and then use the funds to buy planks @Above, The number of nests you get in one hour is so minimal that I doubt that for anything less then 4-5ish hours, you wouldn't even see one increase in nests. Assuming you're chopping ivy
-
Korasi sword
Are you sure that it's anywhere from 50-150% with an uniform distribution? I have no actual data, but from experiences - I feel that my average attack with Korasi is not my max hit.
-
Surge box
Just wondering, after you bind the surgebox and you get more charges (say after you finish the quest) - is there anything you should do to keep those charges? Or is just ending the dungeon good enough?
-
Overloads and slayer question
I can't think of anything you'd be chinning during slayer (other then nechryals) Being only 80 slayer myself - I can't tell you the relative number of nech/wyvern tasks but both are pretty rare I mean 1k overloads is a lot (if you're planning to get to 99 herb - that's even more) You'll only use about 3 overloads MAX on every slayer task Overloads are sweet cause they save both time and inventory spaces Tbh, the time difference is not much on some tasks (hellhounds, greaters, things with extremely low hp & defense) but how else are you going to use 1k overloads?
-
Can I speed up the time to get a hexhunter bow?
Indirectly, these will help you get a hex faster: -Get 99 slayer - so you dont waste time potting while other people who can kill it do -Get high total levels - I believe 94 is the lowest level you need to pot to every door (check on that) ^You never know where a soulgazer is hiding (could be in one of those bonus rooms you missed :( ) -DG faster - faster floors = more rooms = higher chances of getting a hex But as everybody said, it's possibly the rarest drop in the game and you can't even camp the damned monsters like you can do with other drops
-
Strung rabbits foot
How worth it? Very... All it does it take up your necklace spot and you start getting birds nest. There's no other replaceable option for your neck and you don't really need inventory spot for ivy. If you're afking, it's not going to matter (you still have to pick up birds nest right?) I do believe that chopping teak and banking it on ape atoll with the deposit thingy unlocked is better exp per hour. You won't gain much from birds nests so teak is probably a better idea.
-
Mage Slayer
Also, check this thread out http://forum.tip.it/topic/297284-trying-to-get-99-magic-currently-95/page__gopid__4934219#entry4934219 The same idea applies really. You might want to start with earth surge first until you reach fire surge but that's really up to you. If you farm every chance you get (whether you're slaying or not), do all the dailies, MTK and all that stuff - you should have enough money to support your maging tasks.
-
Trying to get 99 Magic, currently 95.
Staff of Light is a must. Infinity boots are a cheap upgrade. Either God Cape or Ardy cape 3/4 (probably the ardy cape as you lack prayer bonus in mage gear). Ahrims and Slayer Helm is a good choice. If you are a dungeoneering fan, Arcane Stream necklace is very useful. If you despise dungeoneering, a Fury is next best. With regards to a shield, for monsters with a lot of HP, a surgebox is a good choice. Effectively adding another 5% damage (although it will work out to be slightly less than that because of the way the special effect works). Obviously Arcane spirit shield is a good tanking option, as it has high mage attack bonus. Edit: I forgot one very important thing. If you are 91+ Summoning, a Wolpertinger is a very good familiar to use. Using the spec every minute (the scrolls are cheap) will keep your magic level at +7, adding another 21% damage to all your spells. If not 91 + Summoning, but you have a nice amount of overloads to use up, those are an alternative, providing the same damage boost. If you dont have loads of overloads either, you could either buy a vecna skull, or use extreme magic pots. For the wolpertinger - can you actually activate the scroll every minute? Will it every run out of special attack?
-
Mage Slayer
Since you're at 90 slayer - the only way you can cast fire surge is if you pot up with extreme/overloads really It seems that you can't use either yet - (Vecna's skull may be worth it but yo would have to switch to earth surge in a bit) As I am only 91 mage - I don't have access to fire surge either. However, in the multiple slayer questions I've seen come up about maging - it seems that Fire Surging is the only reasonable way to go about it. You should be using a SOL to reduce costs - and Ahrims Robes + FSH. Since your summoning is 93 - some other advice you might get is to burst til 95 then start fire surging your tasks. You might want to look into using a wolpertinger as well -- Since you're >93 slayer - if you have a fire cape - you should at least be doing your ice strykewrym tasks with fire surge + a cannon Cost wise, I think on the average - ice strykewryms will profit but I'm not sure about other tasks.
-
Mage Slayer
Post your stats? I think the only good spell is fire surge (dps wise) An Arcane Stream Necklace will help you out immensely and probably will save you more time then it takes you to dg for it
-
What Order?
Where exactly did you get this information? Also, what estimate is this using? Are you using all but the super most ridiculous pouches to train?
-
What Order?
Really - it depends on what you're using. Some people choose to do lobsters cause it's so cheap (g/exp wise) and other people will just keep spending their money on the best pouches they can make Refer to these - check what you want for summoning
-
What Order?
Yeah, spend all your money on summoning especially since you're that close to a yak. Once you get a yak - your ability to make money increases drastically
-
Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.
I've seen these being done too, and it can be used to further the abillities of the keyer/soloer. But I'd assume the banning of leech floors in the cc is based on several factors, the main one that stands out to me is that if these floors are advertised in the cc it would attract people to the cc who are going against the clans aims and objectives (striving to become elite dungeoneers etc). With solo larges there is no payment, so floors are often done among friends who are established in the cc and known to be following the clans ethos, and in the long run the experience each player earns for the others (over many proper floors, and the occasional solo large) becomes balanced. Does the Keyer also solo gd's? Is this really just a way for the keyer to actually do largers since you can't actually do a solo large?
-
snapdragons
Unless bonus exp weekend never comes
-
Decent money making methods?
I've been doing Bork almost daily for a couple of months now. I've honestly seen about 10 people total in the WHOLE time I've ran from edge to the CT to get to bork. Unless your computer shuts down as you're running to the CT - you'll be fine (you'll be fine even if it does shut down) Green Dragons are amazing money - and have almost no requirements. Using only the normal anti dragon fire shield - you're pretty much set. Keep in mind that the OP does have a fire cape + a fighter's torso which would only speed up tasks. -TO OP, don't listen to these guys who are saying to WC for money. I'd be super surprised if WC = 100k an hour. Even if it is, CT green dragons is over 10 times faster. I think the decision is obvious, clicking trees for 10 hours or running into the wildy a bit for 1 hour.
-
Slayer Task Help
Killing the smallest ones is horrible exp for both combat and slayer. The spawn sucks and they die in one hit usually. You might want to venture deeper and kill those Kalphites - they also have charm drops as well as other decent drops. Whenever I do Kalphites - I usually get a couple of rune full helms, at 30k a pop that's decent money. I'm not exactly sure what drops it though - if it's the guardian you're probably better off leaving them alone
-
snapdragons
By this logic, those same herb farmers would eventually get higher levels for herbs like torstol while newer farmers get the levels for snapdragon, so they kind of nullify each other. Plus, most things will rise in price over time because of inflation. To OP: Items fluctuate naturally. I'd expect it to go back up again eventually. Maybe if the exp needed to get to the next level was linear but it's clearly not. What you have then is more people entering into the snapdragon market and not as many people leaving for the torstol market. In addition, you also need jujus for torstol which again creates another barrier to entrance. You expect it to go back up to more then twice its price? Highly unlikely. Prices crash when all these people farm herbs because its profitable and very easy to do - same with all other good money makers. We just have to find other things to do and get out of that market before the vast majority of RSers catch on
-
Slayer Task Help
Bring anti-poison. Use lobsters/monkfishes