Official : RS, 2nd Biggest MMPORG In World

Harrington

zomgz i hope maple story makes number 3 =D>

FF Online got number 3

Maple story isnt in the top 5 due to the fact this is a list of revenue, and since MS is free, and ONLY makes money from cash shop purchases with NX cash (yes i play MS) they wont make it that high in the list.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to quit RuneScape for FFXI so badly, lol...it's much better than RS. :(
+1 =D>

I dont why i still play runescape... Its just cause ive gotten used to it.. there are so many better games out there. =P~

I guess the skills keep me here. thats something original about rs.

blackmfmcape,Issac%20Amisov.gif

Issac%20amisov.gif

CHECK OUT MY TOPIC TO 99 FIREMAKING

Proud Runescaper Since 2003

"Skiller Fo' Lyfe"

erm runescape should be number 1 runescape has 28 skills most dont involv combat which gives an advantage of not being bored killing things

its an easier game altogether

the gameplay owns world of warcrap

more quests

with world of warcraft you buy it for ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 then pay another ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 every month so in total in 1 year 30 x 12 =ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã360!!!

but runescape free but every month if your a member is ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã5 so 5 x 12 ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã60!!!

so you save ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã300 with runescape i would like to see world of craft crafts comeback to my mathematical genius ::'

sycosis5.png

winterkingre4.png

#1. To Me, WoW Is... Quite a Nerdy game.... Might not be to all of you though.

#2. RS Is Appealing Because of the Environment And "Stats" Realistically

#3. I honestly wish that RS Would make it, But It just Wont

#4. Gimme Info On FF Online..... Is It Good? Is It Free? Trial? Do I Need A Program For It? Etc.

I won't quote who said it due to how hilarious the first one is.

1# Isn't every MMORPG considered "Nerdy"?

2#Runescape has an excellent skill system. You won't find a skill system like that one. (Unless of course you made one) Runescape also has easy accsess. Runescape doesn't require an Nvidia chipset and 512+MB Ram. All it requires is a 56K internet connection and atleast 200+MB Ram. Talk about play ability!

3# Runescape won't make it because the die hard gamers don't want a game where all they have to do is click a mouse, they want one that challanges their reflexes. Runescape just doesn't have that.

I have friends who play WoW. They will say that Runescape's gameplay is better. It is just way to difficult to compare them. One game you install on your computer. The other is a browser game. Sure they are both MMORPG'S. But you have to take a step back. Browser Vs. Harddrive.

Uncomparable in my eyes.

WoW does cost alot more. 10$ Extra than Runescape. But you look, the company listens to its players, it has good graphics, a guild system and alot of other things Runescape doesn't have.

Like I said it is uncomparable in my eyes.

more quests

with world of warcraft you buy it for ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 then pay another ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 every month so in total in 1 year 30 x 12 =ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã360!!!

First off, WoW has way more quests.

and also WoW is 15 dollars a month and only the idiots buy the disk for 30 bucks. you can get it from their website for free. you just wont be able to play without an account(15$ per month)

sig.jpg

I Decided to buy WoW for a month to see how its like and i like rs more. WoW has some bad points though

bad

WoW doesn't have any real good economy, i love rs cause of rares. not like WoW where price is how useful it is, it makes it boring.

The lack of ability to talk with friends easily, after i first signed up i choose a server thinking i could switch to meet up with friends the next day after they tell me their server. WRONG, you may only connect to 1 server per membership.

good

The envirment is awesome in WoW, there is loads of different places and they all look different.

Completely NO loading screens, i thought maybe it was like runescape whee it would have to load each square and after u walk to next square it does it again, nope there is no loading screens.

1 thing i like the most about WoW is how much you have to talk and use NPC's. I had no idea there was creatures that fought on your side, or creatures which makes you be able to travel. and i find quests a huge part of WoW, not like rs where its just 1 part of it. and imo they arent boring like in rs rofl

You CAN use different servers per membership, but the characters must stay on their designated servers. And..There is loading screens in WoW. When you enter a Battle Ground or you go to the tram station. And yes, when your traveling between continents, that is a loading screen. ::'

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

sorry to burst your bubble but runescape is sadly not the second biggest mmorpg in the world but in the west. the article only takes in figures from Europe and America. not Japan/china etc. sadly i think it would be a fair bit lower if they took in world wide figures.

dante_14.png

~1733rd person to 99 fishing. Achived on april fools day 07 :)~

Runescape is much cheaper than WoW, plsu there's no manatory fee required to play in the first place. In addition to this, you don't have to install the game, you just load for like 2 minutes!

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

i can't believe that RS is #2, and i think it's only because it costs so much more, on top of this you can't take into account the f2p attraction, RS would probably count 4 more of the market if they took into account the f2p attraction! go RS! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yodaxq1.jpg

There's no such thing as "wireless." Just really long extension cords.

I only continue to play RS because it's so damn cheap. Anyone, and I mean anyone (including rednecks) can afford to play RS. It's so simple, so it attracts alot of idiots unfortunetly :(

I highly doubt RuneScape is really the second most popular MMORPG. Just thinking of that makes me wonder of all the 9 year old moron's who think it's the best game in the world...

SOTW_Tag1.png

here!

rs only owns cuz you can play it everywhere!

its mutch cheaper then wow!

every week nice updates!

and a free 2 play part!

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Honestly, I thought runescape was a fly on the windsheild compared to other mmorpgs (wow, swg, starcraft) Beacuse there are only around 1,000,000 (1m) members while wow has 6m. I never really thought of runescape to be one of the most popular, but now that I read the article, im not surprised!

good points

-low graphics for slower computers, no need for $100 graphics card

-amazing costumer support! (some take months to responed)

-weekly updates

-no need to buy seperate game packs

cost wise

wow $30-$50 (I don't care about wow) for game, $15 a month

guild wars (a firend plays)

-$40 game, $30 per update (one every 6 months to a year. Can you imagine waiting that long) no monthly fee

Also, in many games there is no forum for suggestions or rants :-X

But most of all runescape has freeplay with has 2/3 of the skills to try and maybe 1/5 of the land

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Wow, jagex sure are making money. Why don't they hire somebody competent to help them make useful updates?

I couldn't help chuckling at this.

They are too wrapped up in giving people Gym Subscriptions. Lol.

WoW doesn't have any real good economy, i love rs cause of rares. not like WoW where price is how useful it is, it makes it boring.

The lack of ability to talk with friends easily, after i first signed up i choose a server thinking i could switch to meet up with friends the next day after they tell me their server. WRONG, you may only connect to 1 server per membership

Thats not true anymore. You can have atleast 55 Characters spread out onto multiple servers. Not accounts! Characters.

If you think in terms of development to output, RS could easily be seen as number 1.

Well yeah, they pump out more quantity than quality. Runescape can pump out a storyline in a week. Granted it will be a pretty crappy one.

If thats one you mean.

WoW is far to complicated and maybe a little bit to expensive for all people. And that's why RS is perfect, because it's simple, but still a challenge, and of course it's a very funny game to play!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

sorry to burst your bubble but runescape is sadly not the second biggest mmorpg in the world but in the west. the article only takes in figures from Europe and America. not Japan/china etc. sadly i think it would be a fair bit lower if they took in world wide figures.

So true.

When I read that article, it said they expect there to be 10 million MMOG subscirbers by 2011 worldwide. I don't think that's right. I'm pretty sure I've read that Runescape has more players than WoW, multiple times. Now, when they say subscribers, maybe that doesn't count f2pers, but still, I doubt that's right. If there are 8 million of players playing WoW, I'd think there'd be at least 2 million total from all the other online games, such as Final Fantasy, EverQuest, Runescape, City of Heroes/Villians.

No way, that article must be erroneous. Just *one* game (Maplestory) has over 50 million players. 50 million!

When I read that article, it said they expect there to be 10 million MMOG subscirbers by 2011 worldwide. I don't think that's right. I'm pretty sure I've read that Runescape has more players than WoW, multiple times. Now, when they say subscribers, maybe that doesn't count f2pers, but still, I doubt that's right. If there are 8 million of players playing WoW, I'd think there'd be at least 2 million total from all the other online games, such as Final Fantasy, EverQuest, Runescape, City of Heroes/Villians.

No way, that article must be erroneous. Just *one* game (Maplestory) has over 50 million players. 50 million!

The 10 million figure has been passed since july 2005 already and the latest figures I know estimate it at 13 million (but that estimate is about a year old too). Reading it in the article they may mean that they expect an increase of 10 million players between now and 2011, which would be highly possible.

Anyway it does say subscriptions: that is, not counting free to play accounts. Maplestory hasn't got 50 million paying players - they'd wish.

The 10 million figure has been passed since july 2005 already and the latest figures I know estimate it at 13 million (but that estimate is about a year old too). Reading it in the article they may mean that they expect an increase of 10 million players between now and 2011, which would be highly possible.

Anyway it does say subscriptions: that is, not counting free to play accounts. Maplestory hasn't got 50 million paying players - they'd wish.

They don't need to wish, they made over 310 million $$$ and are likely to generate more in the future.

As of Feb. 2006, Wizet has generated 200 million USD from the game service in Korea. Wizet received 110 million USD for licensing the games to other parts of the world.
(from wikipedia)

Pfft, why don't they just count the total revenue earned by each MMORPG? Then we would see the real figures that mean something wshen you compare games. RS may have a lot of players but the susbcription cost is 1/3 of other games... so games with 1/3 the number of subscribers probably earn as much (gross).