Why doesn't anyone ever play with private chat on?

Today

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whenever i have private set to 'on' i get PMs from strange people i've never met, and have no real intention of meeting at all...

i've even tryed changing accounts, but i still get Pms from strangers... :-k

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

I tried it once, but too many random people I have no idea who they are PM me asking for things, or saying Hi...I try to keep them added, but it usually doesn't end well..so I just choose to keep it to friends, and I keep it to "on" when I am buying/selling things on the forums. O:)

sick_conspir.png

I used to keep mine off because the minute i turned it on some one would send me a message asking me if they knew me. He stopped doing that so have kept it on recently.

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Depends on what I'm doing. If I pc, I got it on friends. If I just train some regular skills like fletching I got in on.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

There's nothing more annoying than to try and buy something on forums and then find out the seller doesn't have chat on, I know you can post on the forums and they can add you, but it's a lot more inconvenient.

I'm level 122 and I think I tend to avoid the hordes of PMs from random people, although I am starting to get more and more. Still, my chat will stay on.

Meh I usually have mine on, which is apparently weird for a high lvl but I guess I'm not as popular as people like Wakka :P

However I turn it off when I'm dking or something similar, or when I just don't want to be bothered.

I occasionally have mines to "On" but mostly as "friends".

Why? Because so many people Pm me asking questions, people I don't even know but who looked me up whilst woodcutting willows with me to see I was level 3 with a dragon axe,harpie lamp and also 98 woodcutting.

It brings about the hassle also of people tracking you down just to beg you, since most of the randoms who do add you are lets say, not the best at the game.

Yay i so gud i gts 23 farming

I always leave mine on but it's rare that anyone sends me a message. Most of the people on my friends list don't even play anymore.

Exactly the same as me.

Not to many ppl pm me, so if they do ill always try and msg back.

I still don't delete ppl from my list, even tho they dont play still. Dunno why but meh, maybe ill delete em when list gets completely full

I usually have it on, unless I'm hunting, questing or running through the wild on my way to the abyss. Other than that, it's on all the time. If somebody bugs me, I stick them on my ignore list for a couple days.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

my private is off 99% of the time, and I usually only turn it on when meeting someone for a trade off of the forums....why? I am typing challenged, meaning i must look at the keyboard when three finger typing, and I have almost died several times doing so. I keep public on so if someone talks to me I dont appear rude, but usually I am multi tasking anyway. the other reason is it seems a ton of ppl have me added, if I turn it on I get blasted with 14 pms, then I am trying to peck away and play catch up...thus my game goes from getting experience, to chatting...which is challenging 3 fingers at a time :)

just to much for this old man, so i prefer to keep public on, and private off unless I want to send a quick wave to someone, or am trading.

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

mine is normally on coz i am selling on forums alot. if im not on a thread i might miss an offer is priv is off

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I know for a fact that mine's always on, unless some noob says they're related to me, etc, (3 Times since Jan) Also, when they're spamming me.. I'm not that great though.... Am I...? #-o

But, its definately always on, or atleast.... 90% of the time, but seeing as most of the people on these forums have Combat Levels like... 70+ Noone will want to talk to a measly 60... :cry:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I leave mine on friends because otherwise I get too many pms from people I don't know. They'll add me just because they see me talk and then if priv. goes on they start pming.

4mu2n3o.jpg

taking a break