Why doesn't anyone ever play with private chat on?

Today

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I leave it on friends/off because i always get a random newbie saying oh you are so great and junk and i am still a newbie myself in scape terms as i have only played for a few months less then a year on my 2 year old file.

P2p: 135 F2p: 124 as of July 29, 09.

P2p: 137 F2p: 126 as of September 25, 11.

mythshadows.gif

I keep it on always, but I'm not famous.

Sometimes I get a random pm from a noob I once helped in some way or random things. Once a lvl24 asked if I wanted to be their gf, of course this was in lumby(That player was a boy AND I'm a boy in RS and IRL)

mememe513.png

I keep mine to friends...having my clan activites as such, getting as many scammers banned as possible.

Those scammers don't seem to like me, idk why.

Heheh. :XD:

Not to mention, there are always the disgruntled people that hate me because I snagged their coal wayyyy back when, or something like that.

Also, I'd like to take this post to thank my clan's resident p-moddy for helping out with the takedown of a trim scammer last night. ::' :thumbsup: WOOT!

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

I have mine kept "On" for 99.9% of the time.

I chat with almost everyone who adds me, except people who speak in different languages :( (Not that that occurs.. :) )

Beggers/scammers/annoying people.. I chat with them all at first, but i tend to block them after a while.

Many people never has their private chat on on, becuase then they just get spammed by noobs or people saying like: "Remember me?". This could easily become irritating.

But myself I always has my private chat on "on", so feel free to add me and maybe hyt me :).

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

When I ever turned Private chat on (from friends), I got spammed like hell. It's just annoying having random people you don't want to talk to continually pm you when you don't want to waste your time answering stupid questions.

+1 :evil: :wall: :x -.-

tifsbti6oi.gif

• 1 month later...

Well...My situation has changed a lot at past weeks. :'-(

When you get into the upper levels you have too. If you leave it on you get 10 pms like every 30 seconds.

You was right. Sooner or later keeping private chat on start being a problem.

Ironically, very few people on AIM will set their chat to "buddylist only". I guess that it's because RuneScape's privacy options are very accessible (always on the game screen).

Anyways, if you want to see why high-levels put their chat to friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwy3llZzw0w

My situation is not as bad as Yogo's but it getting worse day by day.

I starting keep my private chat at friend only mode mostly and on mode always when it is possible. This is very hard decision to me. Many of my real friends drops out because 100 friends limit. I am very sorry for them. I hope they understand why I doing this.

:cry:

Today I trying to become better person than yesterday.

Kostromo.png

Kostromo.png

I suppose I never really trusted people much.

Heck some funny stories, dude at barrows added me, of course I never knew that or I forgot, anyway he.she pmed me one day and I thought it was just another noob, anyway so I run into them at barrows and realise I had made a mistake. they quickly came off my ignore list.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I've always played with mine on.. For whatever reason, I don't get bugged by small Runescape playing children that often, maybe 1 or 2 random pm's a day.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Sometimes I do things, and I need to stay focused (eg. any big monster that could kill me in 2 secs if my prayer runs out), no time for people bothering me with chitchat.

2480+ total

I keep mine on. I keep mine on because I can go ahead and leave it on because no one ever messages me. :? 8-)

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i