Why doesn't anyone ever play with private chat on?

Today

When I ever turned Private chat on (from friends), I got spammed like hell. It's just annoying having random people you don't want to talk to continually pm you when you don't want to waste your time answering stupid questions.

I get that a lot, and Im not really that famous because I never stay in the same world for more then 3-4 days... :D But mines still always on, feel free to pm me :thumbsup:

Pasty.png

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep mine on unless I'm doing risky things such as Dagannoth Kings and Abyss Runecrafting.

I'll add Barrows to that list. I try not to add people on F2p right now because my list is full

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

nobody ever messages me out of the blue (except for one guy who had the same name as me, but with different numbers [currently on ignore list]) so i always keep private on. it also looks better having green writing than yellow or red.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

i used to always have private on, but since farming came out it has been quite hard to, so i only do ocasionally.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

It's Usually On

but many beggers adds me and thats when my mouse pointer just ''slips'' over private friends button, and then I accidently click it.;D

(I don't do it in purpose or anything..lol)

There's Only One Legend In This World...

And He Is The Legendpure00x.png!

Due to the amount of beggers and such that comes with ppl's armour/skills/rares they set it to be hassle free.

I happen to wear full d and santa while not skilling and i draw a huge begging crowd but my P chat always is on.

Understand that begger spm you like crazy i currently have 93 names on my ignore list so........

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

• 1 month later...

im always on

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Well it really depends on my mood and lag issues.

Some days I will have semi-rare lag so I will keep it on friends/off so I never have to deal with all of the PM's.

Other days I just need to be alone.

I will keep it on only when I feel like meeting new people and saying hello to everyone that I don't have added.

I am starting to get more and more PM's, so it's sort of a gimme that I have to eventually go to friends as my chat.

I just tell people if they want to talk, check out my blog or PM me and I will add you. :)

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

The probably with using world 66 laws to level is that everyone there adds you. I can no longer have my private on without having very low levels begging me for stuff or asking me to run natures or other runes for them.

Although, I have started using my ignore list. It works like a charm. :D

My private chat is typicaly turned on unless i'm going to be world hopping a great deal. Even when it is on I find that I'm never messaged by people I don't know to ask me questions. One of the better points of not being well known i'd say.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

I have it on friends because I only want to talk to those people: my friends. Just because I answered a question for you or did some small favor doesn't mean I am your friend. So many people that I say 1 sentence to add me to friends.

sigxp6.png

I keep mine on friends always, because I only want to talk to my friends. I also get some people begging free stuff if it's on...

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

Even though I'm a lvl 92 who is temporarily f2p, I always keep my chat on lol. I quite enjoy the occasional, hey, can I borrow 100k type thing ::'

Also, there are quite a few newbs who have added me thinking that I will give them stuff if they give me a greeting message every time I log on <.<

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113