Why doesn't anyone ever play with private chat on?

Today

I usually have it to set to friends now because I get alot of people random pming me, while sometimes when I feel lucky, I turn it on to see for fun but normally it turns back to friends list by the end of the day. -.-

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean? My private chat is on 95% of the time. And when I get PMs from unpleasant people well, that's what the ignore list is for.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Mostly because of pesky people who annoy you just to ask for free stuff or brag that they have you on their list (if you are well ranked) or because they can botehr you when you're power training.I keep mine to friends usually,cause i get bored all by muyself :(

Final1.jpg

I would love to be able to put private chat to "on" I did an experiment of what happens if i leave it set to on, and i get 1 pm on average of every 3 seconds constantly flooding my window, its so ridiculous that I might make a vid for 5 minutes just showing how many pm's i get.

It's usually on friends. I do put it on occasionally. I usually get begged or get messages such as

"hey ur rich can i have stuff?"

"hi, i'm ur old friend"

"hey, remember me?"

and the most annoying--

"ur on my list who are u?"

-----

Even though, I've met some of my best friends on RS from getting pm'ed. So I'm both ways. I have chat off like 5%, on like 5%, and friends the other 90.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

I've always had mine on private (unless i'm pking with clan). I get quite a few pm's from random people a day but if I don't want them added i'll just polietly ask them to remove me. Plus I have alot of people on my friends list who I just delete after i'm done talking to them (i'm nice :wink:). Plus if it was on friends my ignore list would be lonely :( .

Quit RuneScape :)

Ironically, very few people on AIM will set their chat to "buddylist only". I guess that it's because RuneScape's privacy options are very accessible (always on the game screen).

Anyways, if you want to see why high-levels put their chat to friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwy3llZzw0w

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Ironically, very few people on AIM will set their chat to "buddylist only". I guess that it's because RuneScape's privacy options are very accessible (always on the game screen).

Anyways, if you want to see why high-levels put their chat to friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwy3llZzw0w

I get punted if I leave my AIM on allow all >_>

(punted = attacked by bots x_X)

fishing.gif

when i turn it on its not that i get pmed straight away but eventually some random people will start messaging me asking if im still buying something i was buying 3 months ago, or from people who think we are friends because i talked to them once....also i find that wearing decent stuff and having private on is bad, do you know how many people asked me and my mates " are you kqing " at the weekend? gotta have been at least 20, am i kqing? what do you think im hardly going to kill frigging bandits am i....the annoying thing is they dont say anything after...they go, you going kq, yes, ......

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

i have always had mine on.

But recently, situations have forced me to turn it off...after hosting my first event, i still got tons of pms from people, and my list was full and it was getting hard to respond to them. Also, 99 thieving gave people an incentive to add me and beg for my emote. :XD:

I used to have it On, but then people started HYT'ing me and adding me it got pretty annoying. Eventually I just set it on Friends.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Mine is always on Friends because: My Ignore list got full, so I had to set the chat to Friends. Also I hate being pm-ed by people I don't know, so I leave it on Friends so I can choose who I talk to.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.