What's the story behind your RS name?

stratotanker

the story about my name is very short:

I wanted to start playing as soon as possible so i chose my rl name and the number after was suggested because my name was already taken.

Later I found out that 777 is a perfect number(think it has something to do with Bible) \'

more li3k 666 :lol:

Anyway, here's my reason: I read a series called Warriors (I don't like it as much as I did back in Feb. 2006 when I made my account)

Anyway the books are about groups of cats who maintain communities called clans. They live in the forest, kill their own food, and even wage war on each other sometimes. (I know, sounds pathetic, but it's pretty good)

All the cat's are named some Native American style name, like=

Littlefeather

Hawkfrost

Tigerclaw

Lillypaw

GraniteStar

Fireheart

eaglefoot

pinewhisker

(etc)

So I thought and thought and finally came up with 'lemontail' and named myself it.

The only problem is people think I'm a girl because of my name a lot, which is uber annoying

~L

[off topic]

Did yew know...

Uber is a real German word?

...wonk wey diD

RSN- Lemontail

Pure Ranger Name- X Kaprisen X

Lemontail.gif

Lemontail.gif

Click here for my 99 Mining and Cooking blog!

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends name was Nathan and he was coming up witha name for a game, I said Nathan Oxide (Parody of Nitrous Oxide) And at that time I was using the name RayKing....

I dont need a siggy no moar.

:shock:

Didn't think this topic would be this popular, this quick.

Oh well, not disappointed, though.

And, some interesting stories behind everyone else's RSN's. Never thought of how some ppl picked their name.

And me, I'm just lucky that I started so long ago, it made it easier to grab my RSN. Sigh, good times, good times.

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

Private Sub Sarcasm_Activate()

Well, I don't get it.

Uhh...

Ummm....

Drat. I still don't get it.

End Sub

(If anyone knows what that coding part is from, they deserve a slap in the face, and then a reward.)

(By the way, there is no reward coming from me. I just am giving the slap in the face.)

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

Well, I play warhammer (which for people who don't know is a game where you have lots of little figures and you move them around and roll dice and stuff). In the school club, there's about 15 people however, I'm the only one who collects dwarves. This means that I am constantly ridiculed by my "friends". (this isn't helped by the fact that I have a record 32 games without a single victory :oops: ). However back on topic, I chose the dwarf for that reason and the 55 was put there by jagex to spite me. However, there is a player called "the dwarf", curse him! :evil:

My friend you would not tell with such high zest / to children ardent for some desperate glory / the old lie: Dulce et decorum est / pro patria mori.

These 'noobs' are not people as such, they are soulless creations of corporate greed.

Well, I play warhammer (which for people who don't know is a game where you have lots of little figures and you move them around and roll dice and stuff). In the school club, there's about 15 people however, I'm the only one who collects dwarves. This means that I am constantly ridiculed by my "friends". (this isn't helped by the fact that I have a record 32 games without a single victory :oops: ). However back on topic, I chose the dwarf for that reason and the 55 was put there by jagex to spite me. However, there is a player called "the dwarf", curse him! :evil:

lol 50 games of lord of the ring 20 recorded loses :)

nice story tho

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

Bookgeek -

Well, I did NOT want numbers at the end of my name

I did NOT what is slighlty mis-spelled

I wanted to have the word book in it

and "geek" is where i went wrong.....no idea why I used "geek"... :wall: :wall:

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Uh, gamblingfool was my "noob" account back in classic. I only made him because my friends just started and bugged me that no one could reach some lvl in some amount of time. I got the name from an ad which was on tv, talking about how people made fools out of themselves when they gamble. Ta-da. :mrgreen:

61784167.jpg

Well the story behind my RS name has to be split into to parts really

Sili - This is the first part of my name and it comes from the name of the oldest account i have; Silicon7, the explanation of this name is that i was doing Chemistry homework at the time and it sounded good to me :mrgreen: (the 7 because i think Silicon was already taken)

Pk - My account was originally a F2P strength pure, i had it like this for a year, until i finally got bored did dragon slayer, got a few def levels, got members and i have never looked back ::'

capesn.png

My capes in the order they were achieved

well mine is very short and simple because my cousin was the one who started me on runescape and his name is who_aaronn (who knows how he got it) so i just copied and put my name there

ryansigfp8.pngMSSW2sig.png

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

There was (and is still) an excellent puzzle game for the Nintendo DS out when I found RuneScape, and in it you basically used the touch screen to line up blocks in columns/rows of 3+ and you launched them out of the "planet" you were on. Each planet had different gravity and block-dropping rates. One of the "planets" was called Hevendor, and literally looked like a black hole mixed with a solar flare. The inhabitants were 7 sages who pretty much looked like this (Lower left corner): MeteosBanner.png.

Hevendor wasn't really enough for me, so I just tacked on Guy at the end.

And that is the way my name came to be, and tbh this is the first time anyone I don't know IRL I've explained it to ^^;

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

My name has a relativly long history :|

When I first started doing internet stuff, I had a stupid username for everything. (tnt87) Initials and year born.

One day, I realized how simple that name is, and decided to make a new name. I had a friend IRL who made a msn account called puzzledmind, and I liked the ring of it, so for about a week, I thought about what I would call myself.

Finally, I came up with misplaceditems. One day in school, I found a link to runescape on the computer(august of 2001), so I try to make an account.

Misplaceditems is too long, so I just put misplaced, and I played for about 10 mins and quit.

That summer, with the encouragement of some friends, I made a new account. Since misplaceditems is too long, and misplaced was taken, I was misplaced! So, thus came misplacedme.

So, for the past 5-6 years, i've been misplacedme to most runescape people, and misplaceditems has become my company name when I sell stuff like movie posters.

~M

the story about my name is very short:

I wanted to start playing as soon as possible so i chose my rl name and the number after was suggested because my name was already taken.

Later I found out that 777 is a perfect number(think it has something to do with Bible) \'

Not exactly the bible.. close call.

Its way more related to the GBOK. The Green Book of Knowledge :)

Its the Ooc's bible.

My story is the lamest of them all. When runescape came out I was a big fan of Age of empire (1) and made up a nikname I used everywhere. (Nick being Age Of Empire + my adress

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

I'm really ashamed of my name. I created this account somewhere in 2001... when I was 13 years old. My err, well... nickname in that time was Bunkie... so I made Lord Bunkie. :?

JAGEX PLEASE LET ME CHANGE IT :cry:

Well, Muscular Ape is actually my 5th account...

I was walking around on my pure and I thought to myself of a goal that I am still working on today. I wanted to make an account that one day would look awesome as it appeared on the highscores and also at the same time make people laugh. I've been successful in one part so far - I get a lot of positive comments about my name :)

Somehow, I don't know how, Muscular Ape came to my head ^_^ I wouldn't change it if I could! :o

fishsigfincm1.jpg

Wow, this topic is REALLY taking off.

Some great stories, guys.

And, for those who actually care, my account was from RSC.

I'm lucky I remembered the password for it, but I've played it every summer since 2002-ish. Sadly, i've only gotten to 62 cb, and it's despairing.

Hehe, I'm still laughing at how simple some of the names are.

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

look up baal go ahead I dare you, look up diablo and duriel aswell. Pretty much covers my name but man I HATE IT when people call me ballboy...

diablo--http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:Diablo&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

baal--http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3Abaal

so yeah my name is on a false god's son \'

hehe I love it

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.