:: The Achievement Diary ::

p0nd3r4

To the non-questers, if you don't like the Achievement Diary update because the tasks resembles quests, too bad. The update is now part of the game and you can bombard Jagex support with all the complaints you can muster but you'll just have to live with it.

As an avid quester, I personally look forward to working through the Achievment Diary. Anything that gives experience boosts -- like a Genie lamp -- is always good in my books!

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you had readthe bts or had any sense then you would know that the achievements in the diary so far are part of many.i know that the rewards are targeted at the lower level player but that could all change in other installments(it probably wont by peoples reactions but theyres a chance).if jagex said they were going to implement it and tehy didnt then the people flaming this update would be outraged because theyre not catering for their 5 bucks by not implementing it.

seriousley you cannot please everybody and because everybody isnt a high level player then youll just have to like it or lump it :notalk:

tifsdac6mc.gif

Um -

I am having trouble figuring out which is the 'Lady of the Waves' that I have to charter from Cairn Island....

Where do I charter it?

Remember One Small Favour quest? You are supposed to buy a ticket from the guy hanging near durandel before the bridge and head somewhere to the very west end of the island, simply get out of shilo, walk south a bit, don't enter kharazi jungle, then walk all the west, until you see a ship (vague memory of it :oops: )

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Why do people complain about updates so much? it's ridiculous!

you forget that jagex aren't catering to you personally, they have to try and involve everyone.

What have you lost from the update? Nothing at all. It's not as if they're forcing you to do it and are therefore 'wasting your time' or making you pay extra for the privilege of having near enough weekly updates are they?

It's stupid, complaining will do nothing. Fair enough say it's not your kinda thing or whatever but the entire world does not revolve around you ('you' as in everyone who's complained)

Anyway, I haven't yet had a chance to have a go at these (busy training fishing) but it looks to me like a pretty cool update - something, at least, to break the monotony of training all the time! :D

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

40 Barrows trips, 4 Barrows equipment (Guthans Helm, Veracs Helm, Ahrims Skirt, Dharoks Helm)

Um -

I am having trouble figuring out which is the 'Lady of the Waves' that I have to charter from Cairn Island....

Where do I charter it?

Just south of cairn island, other side of River

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Great update. This one in particular is mildly annoying and the rewards are mediocre. But, the idea of Achievement Diaries really makes me happy, and I am looking forward to the future diaries.

I don't really understand the people who are complaining about this. It's not as though they changed the stats on a great weapon or armor that EVERYONE uses...they implimented a new optional feature. I'm sure theres PLENTY of things in this game that you complainers don't do, so if you're going to complain about this, why not complain about the fact that we have Trouble Brewing in the game? Or the stupid cat minigame? I know those features aren't used by a majority of 'scapers...so just add this to your list of stuff you won't use. Not every single person is going to use every single feature in the game. Just because you never thought you'd be one of those people is not a reason to cry about something that doesn't even affect you.

And at the poster of this topic...I'm glad you think you're cool enough to try and get the first post on the update...yet you complain about it. Somebody who cares so little about the variation of this game really shouldn't be sitting there ready to copy and paste at a moment's notice.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

What this update is: a way for you to 'master' an area, i.e:to do everything you can in one region, and be rewarded for it. If you look at your average high lvl player they have several sets of full rune one to all barrows armours, all dragon items, a rare or two and millions of gp, they have played pc hundreds of times, hell they have done everything (at least)hundreds of times,this is a way for them to keep track of all their achievements and earn additional rewards for doing so. Seriously nothing wrong with this update, if you think it's cheap and lazy of Jagex then noone can help you, you're stuck feeling this way.

why not complain about the fact that we have Trouble Brewing in the game? Or the stupid cat minigame?

Don't worry, they have complained about that as well.

But I agree with your point anyway. :)

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

gah i was dedicated to get all 3 done but oh no something had to ruin this update. Hard task you need 100 combat to recive a slayer task from drudel there slayer master.

sig2-1.jpg

Kiss me, i'm part Irish!

gah i was dedicated to get all 3 done but oh no something had to ruin this update. Hard task you need 100 combat to recive a slayer task from drudel there slayer master.

same here... 99 combat and i dont want a easy lvl by training my atk, prayer or def lvl... and str takes soo long to lvl up ;(

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

[hide=Quoting imaerehw14]
Achievement diary = quests for lazy programmers

Comon... a quest with no story line, just a list of things to do which are already in the game. :roll:

Rewards presented for this installment were alright, but the concept is a joke, ill call it the "noob grocery list" or ngl instead.

Mediocre update.. covered over with a graphics update that everybody loves for some reason. :-k

What Jagex Mod Paul said on forums will Explain

I'm sorry you don't like this update.

Please note that while you seem to try to state as fact that the update is bad, many others do not share your opinion.

I've had a particularly good reaction from people on my friends list on this one. - including compliments from people who are first page high-scorers.

In my opinion this update gives players a chance to have a break and a diversion from the slightly repetitive nature of leveling up, to go round and do lots of one off tasks which are by and large not particularly repetitive.

Sure you may have done them a lot before,but then what would you have been doing instead, if we hadn't updated?

In most peoples cases, things you've done many times more than once or twice.

Running round that agility course for the 300th time sounds a lot more repitive than eating an Oomlie wrap for the 2nd time.

Many people are enjoying the excuse to revisit something that they haven't been back to in a while.

Sometimes players will complain that certain of the smaller updates only provide them with 20 minutes of gameplay, this provides you with a fair bit more than that to complete all tasks, yet with not that dissimilar an amount of development time.

The development times is cut down a lot as we're asking you to revisit prewritten content, if we were to make whole new area which contained this spread of challenges, well Karamaja is huge, that'd be changing it from a smallish development project to something probably bigger than any single release we've done to date. - you certainly wouldn't be getting it anytime this year, maybe not even next year.

The update as it stands, provides stuff to do which covers quite a big range of level requirements too, thus satisfying quite a ranged of players, which is often tricky for us to do in one update.

It also serves to give areas a more cohesive feel, giving players a good indication of the wide wealth of activities on offer in just one area.

I doubt that I'm going to convince you that you will like this update, but your criticism is overly harsh - I think this update has a lot of merit and is providing a good amount of entertainment to a lot of people.

If you feel that it's a waste of your time, well then clearly we've got plenty of other things in game already that you feel you need to spend time on, so it seems to me you don't really need updates that much anyway. - so that you don't feel it's targeted to you doesn't seem that much of a tragedy.

Meh, I agree with trembake. I don't find this update to be a very good one, and like he said, it jsut mimicks a plotless quest, and to be honest, I hate quests in general, not to mention ones that don't have a story.

Paul might have a brilliant idea on giving people 17k free xp by doing something random but good luck trying to back yourself up by making this update weekly so you give the people their much needed 17k xp by doing unrepetetive tasks.

If the only reason this was implimented was to give the people their 17k xp and the miniscule rewards then bravo jagex, but if they are actually trying to do something new and exciting, I will be expecting big things from this new type of update.

I guess only time will tell. :-k

[/hide]

I think you really didnt understood the whole concept of the achievement diary. Its not meant to be something you start a day and go trough

everything the same day..

Yes I will agree with you this update is targetted to low levels, but the rewards at good for everybody.

Its a series of task that gives you idea of what to do in the game, or give you goal to achieve. When you're a new/average level player, every single thing in that list feels like an achievement. It adds a great value to the game. It actually re-focussed me on runescape and gave a new goal (Reach 100 combat).

Oh and about mod Paul, Jmod replies pwns ranters any day! :thumbsup:

You need to be combat lvl 100, to get a slayer task from the slayer master in shilo village, how is that low lvl?

daylen24000.png

daylen24000.png

Death wing is a lvl 83 monster in the legend quest dungon

So to do this, you need to haved started the legend quest--which means at least 107 quest points. Plus completion of the Hero's, Family Crest, Shilo Village, Underground Pass, and Waterfall Quests.

Yup, that sure sounds like a low-levels update right there.

curmudgeony.png

Bad update. Worst ever, infact, I think.
i think you're one of the biggest morons ever. this update is definitely something for me to look forward to when i get back into members (which should be relatively soon).

KTHXUSUCK

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

Bad update. Worst ever, infact, I think.
i think you're one of the biggest morons ever. this update is definitely something for me to look forward to when i get back into members (which should be relatively soon).

KTHXUSUCK

More grinding to do, which is what majority of players enjoy. Grind is usually what keeps a MMO going.

Death wing is a lvl 83 monster in the legend quest dungon

So to do this, you need to haved started the legend quest--which means at least 107 quest points. Plus completion of the Hero's, Family Crest, Shilo Village, Underground Pass, and Waterfall Quests.

Yup, that sure sounds like a low-levels update right there.

Tell me your joking :roll:

Its gonna take me a day or two to do this.

Although we cant repeat it, id love to have an achievement diary cape after a few more are released <3:

Perhaps it can go with the quest cape to get trimmed versions of each.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

first of all pond3r4 the point of runescape is that you can do what the "BLEEP" you want and so i can see a simple solution, don't do them!!!!!

I don't personally think it's a bad update at all, it gives people and alternative to quests if you're not that sort of person and offers not all that bad rewards. Of course if your the 24/7 hardcore runescape player you'll probably feel and obligation to do them and maybe feel pissed at jagex for throwing 'em in your face but on the whole i think it's a good idea.

M<><><><><>E

<><><>

<>G<><><>R<>

<><><>

<><>A<>S<><>

Well, all of the tasks took me about 3 hours to finish...the only catch is I had to buy a tuber and I have to wait until tmr for my curry tree to finish growing. So in reality, if you know what you're doing and don't have to bank a thousand times, it won't take much longer than a hard quest.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.