:: The Achievement Diary ::

p0nd3r4

Dunno why, but I'm having trouble on the tuber part.

The thing is, I got the tuber and the gems and trading sticks, but the guy at the anvil who makes the machetes won't give me a deal and keeps pointing at the starting guy, which I've already talked to and used all available chat options with. I'm at 100% favour, yet I can't cash in or chop the mahog trees (get a message that I must help the village first in order to chop the tree).

Machete: Talk to the guy the anvil man points out to you. Make sure he can give you trading sticks, so talk to at least 2 other villagers before that. After you speak to the chief, talk to the anvil man again with the materials needed in your inventory. I don't know if you can have them noted. It should work then.

Trees: Talk to the tree guy, he'll give you sticks probably. Then click the gate to access the trees, but do not choose the "quick" option. I had troubles before, and that's how I got in.

good luck!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got all of them done.

All Easy = Karamja Gloves 1, lowers prices of stores on Karamja when worn, also halves the prices of all ships.

All Easy + Medium = Karamja Gloves 2, does the same as 1, and increases the Agility Arena rewards.

All Easy, Medium and Hard = Karamja Gloves 3, does the same as the above, and also has an Operate function which lets you teleport to a hidden mine under Shilo Village INFINITE TIMES. The mine's nothing special (8 Gem Rocks which are far apart), but it has a ladder that leads to the normal Shilo gem mine.

Everyone looks a bit negative to the rewards:

Cheaper onyx for instance. Which is pretty amazing for such small things to do.

More experience at the arena. Hello!.. more experience?! Even if this is about 10-15 exp, this still adds up in the end. I prefer the arena over the other courses, so for me, this is a great update! (thank you jagex)

And the hard ones?

Who of you was asking/nagging/shouting out for a teleport to shilo village :-$ Great update! Free teleport!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Achievement diary = quests for lazy programmers

Comon... a quest with no story line, just a list of things to do which are already in the game. :roll:

Rewards presented for this installment were alright, but the concept is a joke, ill call it the "noob grocery list" or ngl instead.

Mediocre update.. covered over with a graphics update that everybody loves for some reason. :-k

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Err, they are not quests. They're achievements. That's why there is no storyline.
They're quests, not all quests have to make sense.

Comon... a quest with no story line, just a list of things to do which are already in the game. :roll:

Rewards presented for this installment were alright, but the concept is a joke, ill call it the "noob grocery list" or ngl instead.

Mediocre update.. covered over with a graphics update that everybody loves for some reason. :-k

What Jagex Mod Paul said on forums will Explain

I'm sorry you don't like this update.

Please note that while you seem to try to state as fact that the update is bad, many others do not share your opinion.

I've had a particularly good reaction from people on my friends list on this one. - including compliments from people who are first page high-scorers.

In my opinion this update gives players a chance to have a break and a diversion from the slightly repetitive nature of leveling up, to go round and do lots of one off tasks which are by and large not particularly repetitive.

Sure you may have done them a lot before,but then what would you have been doing instead, if we hadn't updated?

In most peoples cases, things you've done many times more than once or twice.

Running round that agility course for the 300th time sounds a lot more repitive than eating an Oomlie wrap for the 2nd time.

Many people are enjoying the excuse to revisit something that they haven't been back to in a while.

Sometimes players will complain that certain of the smaller updates only provide them with 20 minutes of gameplay, this provides you with a fair bit more than that to complete all tasks, yet with not that dissimilar an amount of development time.

The development times is cut down a lot as we're asking you to revisit prewritten content, if we were to make whole new area which contained this spread of challenges, well Karamaja is huge, that'd be changing it from a smallish development project to something probably bigger than any single release we've done to date. - you certainly wouldn't be getting it anytime this year, maybe not even next year.

The update as it stands, provides stuff to do which covers quite a big range of level requirements too, thus satisfying quite a ranged of players, which is often tricky for us to do in one update.

It also serves to give areas a more cohesive feel, giving players a good indication of the wide wealth of activities on offer in just one area.

I doubt that I'm going to convince you that you will like this update, but your criticism is overly harsh - I think this update has a lot of merit and is providing a good amount of entertainment to a lot of people.

If you feel that it's a waste of your time, well then clearly we've got plenty of other things in game already that you feel you need to spend time on, so it seems to me you don't really need updates that much anyway. - so that you don't feel it's targeted to you doesn't seem that much of a tragedy.

Err, they are not quests. They're achievements. That's why there is no storyline.
They're quests, not all quests have to make sense.

Technically speaking you could call them quests. But Jagex didn't intend this to be "quest-like". It's a different approach, so don't go complaining about how "those quests" sucks, because that's simply not the aim.

well... it's as said before, not like quests... more for getting people interested, and once in a while do something different...

offtopic... golv :shock: a really long time since last time i saw you ::' didn't know you still posted at these forums

Scherzo.png

the idea was to point out the variety of activities already on offer in the game that often go overlooked. i think the intention was to point out that the game isn't just about doing the same action thousands of times to raise levels but that theres a big variety of activities if you go out and explore. I think its a great idea and it gave me a good days worth of entertainment, i never realised how little of the things i've done in this game, despite playing for over 2 years. Also.. no one is forcing anyone to do them, there are still traditional quests to do and skills to grind. this update adds a little more variety and depth to the game. roll on fremmenik province achievements \'

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

with the gloves ekiped, u can operate and ull tele to the mine, so its nice to rc, to escape the rc pkers, as u dont lose 1 spot, and altough its 2 click tele, doesnt show up an interface like glory...
Wow learn to spell?

sorry i'm not english, no one borns knowing everything. i just hope that you can write as good as i wrote english, every other language in the world that isn't your birth language, even if english isn't it, you should understand that not everyone can spell perfect english, not even some people that english is their birth language, so if you can, answer me in portuguese, german, japanese, and so on, all perfect and then i will say sorry to you for all this that i wrote, until then think before post.. please

The point is you're supposed to use english here, if I went to a forum where the native language was french and you were supposed to use it there I wouldn't get annoyed if people flamed me for my terrible french.

I'm not taking his side, but if you can run your posts through an english spellchecker then you'll eliminate that kind of response, and to be fair I thought you were talking about [bleep]ing your gloves at first.

i know this is a forum where were supposed to use english, but well, if you threat everyone that doesn't spell english right like that, this forum will becom english/american only instead, you get the point?

i was trying to be helpfull sharing information with you all, and him was just spaming to get post count... and my point is obviously confirmed, when several posts later he just post a pic of zezima, well, that again spam. of course i can try to wright a better english, but at least i tryed to help this great comunity, what did he improved? at least he could corrected my mistakes so that other people could understeand it better

The fact that you even attempt to speak and write a second language fluently sets you miles above the majority of this forum's members academically. And for the record, your

English is better than many of the native speakers who post here. There are a few arrogant buttheads here who think that their language is the only one in the world. Just ignore them. For every one of them there are many more who appreciate your contributions even if they don't say it. So don't let the moronic words of one [bleep] head spoil your day. Instead, pity him. He has no clue how to interact socially in the international community.

jfroggy

Please note that while you seem to try to state as fact that the update is bad, many others do not share your opinion.

I've had a particularly good reaction from people on my friends list on this one. - including compliments from people who are first page high-scorers.

In my opinion this update gives players a chance to have a break and a diversion from the slightly repetitive nature of leveling up, to go round and do lots of one off tasks which are by and large not particularly repetitive.

Sure you may have done them a lot before,but then what would you have been doing instead, if we hadn't updated?

Running round that agility course for the 300th time sounds a lot more repitive than eating an Oomlie wrap for the 2nd time.

Many people are enjoying the excuse to revisit something that they haven't been back to in a while.

Sometimes players will complain that certain of the smaller updates only provide them with 20 minutes of gameplay, this provides you with a fair bit more than that to complete all tasks, yet with not that dissimilar an amount of development time.

The development times is cut down a lot as we're asking you to revisit prewritten content, if we were to make whole new area which contained this spread of challenges, well Karamaja is huge, that'd be changing it from a smallish development project to something probably bigger than any single release we've done to date. - you certainly wouldn't be getting it anytime this year, maybe not even next year.

The update as it stands, provides stuff to do which covers quite a big range of level requirements too, thus satisfying quite a ranged of players, which is often tricky for us to do in one update.

It also serves to give areas a more cohesive feel, giving players a good indication of the wide wealth of activities on offer in just one area.

I doubt that I'm going to convince you that you will like this update, but your criticism is overly harsh - I think this update has a lot of merit and is providing a good amount of entertainment to a lot of people.

If you feel that it's a waste of your time, well then clearly we've got plenty of other things in game already that you feel you need to spend time on, so it seems to me you don't really need updates that much anyway. - so that you don't feel it's targeted to you doesn't seem that much of a tragedy.

Meh, I agree with trembake. I don't find this update to be a very good one, and like he said, it jsut mimicks a plotless quest, and to be honest, I hate quests in general, not to mention ones that don't have a story.

Paul might have a brilliant idea on giving people 17k free xp by doing something random but good luck trying to back yourself up by making this update weekly so you give the people their much needed 17k xp by doing unrepetetive tasks.

If the only reason this was implimented was to give the people their 17k xp and the miniscule rewards then bravo jagex, but if they are actually trying to do something new and exciting, I will be expecting big things from this new type of update.

I guess only time will tell. :-k

polarbeardaveyz9.png

hmm anyone think that doing these achievements might caise a quest in the future? those zombies infront of shilo are getting annoying....

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

[hide=Quoting imaerehw14]

Meh, I agree with trembake. I don't find this update to be a very good one, and like he said, it jsut mimicks a plotless quest, and to be honest, I hate quests in general, not to mention ones that don't have a story.

Paul might have a brilliant idea on giving people 17k free xp by doing something random but good luck trying to back yourself up by making this update weekly so you give the people their much needed 17k xp by doing unrepetetive tasks.

If the only reason this was implimented was to give the people their 17k xp and the miniscule rewards then bravo jagex, but if they are actually trying to do something new and exciting, I will be expecting big things from this new type of update.

[/hide]

I think you really didnt understood the whole concept of the achievement diary. Its not meant to be something you start a day and go trough

everything the same day..

Yes I will agree with you this update is targetted to low levels, but the rewards at good for everybody.

Its a series of task that gives you idea of what to do in the game, or give you goal to achieve. When you're a new/average level player, every single thing in that list feels like an achievement. It adds a great value to the game. It actually re-focussed me on runescape and gave a new goal (Reach 100 combat).

Oh and about mod Paul, Jmod replies pwns ranters any day! :thumbsup:

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

REALLY!

why do people ALWAYS complain about the updates.

I had a marvellous time on caramja yesterday, had a nice chat during my 100% favor cleanup and visitid places I never had been since I finished Tai Bwo Wannai and/or Legends Quest.

Plus the fact that you DON'T NEED to be doing this, makes me all the more angry at the endless complainers. There are too many different people in RS, they can't make it marvellous for all of us. People expect too much of these updates, like quest rewards. Doing a quest which results in 100k exp plus an UBER weapon with 99 str needed that can 1-hit Jad for example. Like that's going to happen.

It's become more and more difficult to please the self-proclaimed "high levelled players. They've beaten the fight caves, soloed the KQ and the chaos elemental, maybe even soloed DKs. It's a real challenge for JaGEx to satisfy this (relative) small percentage of players. They will most likely NEVER be fully satisfied.... OMG!!one!! this is only LVL99 str required!!one! LOUSY UPD4T3 J4G3X! POLX!!one!!!

edit:

this is not a rant... I liked teh update!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

People will always complain because you have an enourmous variety in players. It's not like EVERYONE is complaining at EVERY update. Stop complaining about complainers. It's part of the game.

Oh, and before someone calls me a complainer, I actually like the update.

Nice update in my opinion. A majority of the people who dislike this update appear to be people that hate quests. <.<

This diary of achievements is not something I'm going to rush through. In fact, I'm saving it for when I'm stood at the bank and don't know what I fancy doing next. I think that's how it's intended to be approached. Having a little time off from the usual rat race and leisurely wandering around the island performing strange and seemingly arbitrary tasks can be quite theraputic imho. ::'

Interested to see what else they come up with in this diary...

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

This doesn't excite me very much personally, but I think Paul made some good points.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Its 16k xp by the way #-o

One of the many moaners of tip.it ladies and gentlemen =D>

Always negative & always provide reasons that are incorrect :XD:

It might not be the best every update but its worth every penny,

I was new & exciting and worth the time it gets people to explore new areas that are wasted after you have been there on your quests.

You expect to much go play WoW I hear they are adding a new piss and moan club for people that moan :thumbsup:

I finished moaning about moaners now :anxious:

Wow... this update rocks! but can anyone help me? How the flip do you trade the guy gems for a machete? I know who he is but cna anyone tell me where I can get gout tuber thingy?

What guy do u trade the gems to to get machete? U get gout tuber randomly while doing tai bwo clean up, make sure to have spade with u.

Dunno why, but I'm having trouble on the tuber part.

The thing is, I got the tuber and the gems and trading sticks, but the guy at the anvil who makes the machetes won't give me a deal and keeps pointing at the starting guy, which I've already talked to and used all available chat options with. I'm at 100% favour, yet I can't cash in or chop the mahog trees (get a message that I must help the village first in order to chop the tree).

Machete: Talk to the guy the anvil man points out to you. Make sure he can give you trading sticks, so talk to at least 2 other villagers before that. After you speak to the chief, talk to the anvil man again with the materials needed in your inventory. I don't know if you can have them noted. It should work then.

Trees: Talk to the tree guy, he'll give you sticks probably. Then click the gate to access the trees, but do not choose the "quick" option. I had troubles before, and that's how I got in.

good luck!

The thing is, that the tree guy won't give me anything in the first place. In fact, none of the villagers give me anything for my 100% favour.

Yes, I've gone threw every chat option there is on the tree guy, mutliple times without result. That's why I posted here in the first place :/ Because the dang npc's won't give me anything or recognice my work for them -.-

Dead+Dude4.png