New reportable offense: be my gf/bf!

pokemama

All I can say is:

About bloody time!

(Still not rude according to jagex)

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

funny really... this is funny, now if we could only get every word censored/bannable offense that maybe considered offensive.

Woohoo let's censor everything!

funny really... this is funny, now if we could only get every word censored/bannable offense that maybe considered offensive.

i see it as either censor nothing or everything that could be offensive. honestly, dont go half assed.

i see it as either censor nothing or everything that could be offensive. honestly, dont go half assed.

Yeah but offensiveness is subjective, it depends on perspective, so saying that everything offensive should be censored is a little overboard/impossible. While I'm just as annoyed by "be my gf!?" as the next guy, I don't think censoring words out is really that effective as much as having things be against the rules (which I'm not that big a fan of either). I really don't feel like getting into a debate over censorship though, so let's just call this an agree to disagree situation.

I was standing in a gnome stronghold bank when a kid asked a girl "Will you be my gf?" The girl turned out to be a pmod, and told him "that's a reportable offense".

Well that should certainly cut down on the amount of public chat in the game. Can't they just block "gf" and "bf" and be done with it?

I would think pmods time would be better spent focusing on getting rid of all the autoers/bots/farmers that are ruining this game right now!

+1, I like the new rule but Jagex's time should be spent elsewhere on problems of this game.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Yeah but offensiveness is subjective, it depends on perspective. While I'm just as annoyed by "be my gf!?" as the next guy, I don't think censoring words out is really that effective as much as having things be against the rules (which I'm not that big a fan of either). I really don't feel like getting into a debate over censorship though, so let's just call this an agree to disagree situation.

well yea, i understand all that, infact i really wish RS was like world of warcraft where you can turn on/off the chat filter.

also, if they are going to have rules, they either better stick by them strictly or not at all.

but hey whatever.

I was standing in a gnome stronghold bank when a kid asked a girl "Will you be my gf?" The girl turned out to be a pmod, and told him "that's a reportable offense".

Well that should certainly cut down on the amount of public chat in the game. Can't they just block "gf" and "bf" and be done with it?

I would think pmods time would be better spent focusing on getting rid of all the autoers/bots/farmers that are ruining this game right now!

gf also stands for good fight. although it wouldn't be much of a hassle to type the whole word.

If they blocked "gf", then another part of my name would be blocked :(

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

Well if I can't sell girls anymore then what am I meant to pimp? :-s

I'm really not happy about this, I made more money doing that than making Nature Runes.. <.<

Kidding.

Or am I...

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

My guess is they are trying to make the game more "PC", trying to get rid of the gangs who are making people do hours of work for little pay, and this is probably due to the number of child predators on the internet, just a guess though.

sig3gk6.png

It's quite funny people think this is the end of it...

Offensive language is against the rules right? Yet loads of people break it. People report them right? Then why are there still people who break this rule? Ethier A) They never got banned or B) More come. So even if the gf/bf situation is reportable or not, kids are still going to ask you to be their 'rich bf'.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

While I consider the blanket "will you be my bf/gf" requests to pointless and mildy irritating, the reason they banned it is not for "the saftey of our players" it's more to do with the the many highly insecure people on the official forums who rant and complain about online relationships, usally calling everyone in one a no life.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

considering how infrequently they are seen in game

I disagree there. See, in f2p worlds, its really quite a big deal. Sometimes, you will get little kids just following you for a while, begging and begging and even can get to the point where it is violating other rules (i've seen it happen and have had it happen with recruitment drive of course lol). Its harassment to keep on asking, but then i wonder why begging isn't...i guess cause that's harder to catch; bf and gf stuff are pretty easy to spot and are blatant.

kids are still going to ask you to be their 'rich bf'.

nick, i'd say that all rules are broken, every single rule goes broken at least 50 times per day i'd say...The fact is that now it is a rule, people can report it. We have laws against murder in the U.S., but it still happens right? But a law against it deterrs quite a few number of people because well..it's against the law. This isn't going to be a perm ban thing or anything i'd guess, most people won't know about it. Jagex will catch them, and hopefully they will learn.

I was standing in a gnome stronghold bank when a kid asked a girl "Will you be my gf?"

The girl turned out to be a pmod, and told him "that's a reportable offence". I was surprised, and asked when this had been implemented. She stated it had just been told to the pmods this week. I confirmed this with another pmod I know - he says it falls under rule 1.

Now, "will you be my gf/bf" is a frequently heard and annoying query which has been tolerated since the game began. It actually IS a type of harassment, as girls (or guys) should be able to play the game without others assuming they are "available" for someone's sad purposes simply due to their gender.

However, implementing a rule by telling the pmods seems pretty stupid to me, considering how infrequently they are seen in game. And you'd think that Jagex would announce it, though I suppose some people would go out of their way just to make trouble.

Both pmods said you get a warning from Jagex rather than a black mark for the first offence. However, I thought people should be aware of this new rule. Also I'm wondering if anyone has posted about this on the RS official forums yet.

This is great, finally, a means to end the constant fake e-dating :D

Bad move Jagex. You're going to lose so much money on bans.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Bad move Jagex. You're going to lose so much money on bans.

Most people who do this are actually f2p players. Most members won't be willing to risk their accounts with such a stupid offense. Not to mention a rule violation such as this isn't a ban, of course unless you already have 9 black marks.