Animal Abuse on RS Already?!

lavijoe

first of all, i do agree that animal cruelty is bad...who doesn't?

i don't think that "shooing" a dog is cruel though, and it is just a game. you say shooing a dog is bad, yet we kill chickens and bears..... :-k

100% f2p 8-)

rampage30.png

MSSW3sig.png

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

making a dog go away from you is animal abuse? well lock me up i tell my dogs to go away all the time :XD:

but honestly, shooing a dog isn't abuse, unless you throw it out on the street, but irl if a stray dog looking like that comes up to me, i'm shooing it :uhh:

soldersig.jpg

This thread is still going?

It. Is. A. Game.

So many people do not understand this. Shooing a dog is nothing compared to what real cruelty is. What about the damn chickens and cows that get slaughtered on this game? I guess that's not bad.

Seriously. Use some common sense.

a1d50c4e9b.png

269 QP | All Stats 60+ (except Summoning) | Barrows Drops: 8 | Dragon Drops: 1

The Shoo option is a bit intence take it out and change the appearance of the dog and it won't be so bad.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

personally i don't think there's any issue here. Dogs have long been mistreated. It's just something that happens in the world. There are places where dogs are put in cages and forced to battle in a dog fight. There are places that use dogs to dispose of rotted meat. I personally have eaten dog meat ( Don't report me for animal cruelty, it was in china, it's legal there.) dogs are mistreated just like everything else on the planet. don't worry about it. just live life imagining the world as you think it should be. If you worry about the bad things on the planet, you won't be able to move on with anything. forget mistreated dogs, katrina, or osama ben ladin,just live cosily in your home and ignore it.

"In life, if you want to win, you must make everyone else fail" ~ me

It may surprise you to learn that kids don't see something and then copy it straight out.

I'll wager that out of 10,000 kids, almost none of them would see that in RS and then go out and do it, and think it would be ok. They're not that mindless.

If you're against mistreatment of animals in RuneScape, then you shouldn't really be playing, as one of the main themes is killing stuff for no real reason. (You don't have to do your slayer task, it doesn't affect your real life if you don't.)

spacescenev24.jpg

Let's not forget other immoral acts.

Murder

Stealing

Grave Robbing [barrows]

The expansion of the human race has taken away the lands that once belonged to dwarves, goblins, ogres, gnomes, elves, and much more.

In fact, let's save the natural world!

No more cutting down the forests!

No more polluting the air with our toxic smoke!

No more strip mining the land!

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

personally i don't think there's any issue here. Dogs have long been mistreated. It's just something that happens in the world. There are places where dogs are put in cages and forced to battle in a dog fight. There are places that use dogs to dispose of rotted meat. I personally have eaten dog meat ( Don't report me for animal cruelty, it was in china, it's legal there.) dogs are mistreated just like everything else on the planet. don't worry about it. just live life imagining the world as you think it should be. If you worry about the bad things on the planet, you won't be able to move on with anything. forget mistreated dogs, katrina, or osama ben ladin,just live cosily in your home and ignore it.

It is only a game.

But I heavily disagree with forget it because you don't like it. Yes, nothing has ti exist if you don't want it. Famine? I'll image up food. Genocide? Well it isn't me. A Nuclear Halocaust? Well if I shut up my curtains, I'll be ok.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

It is only a game.

But I heavily disagree with forget it because you don't like it. Yes, nothing has ti exist if you don't want it. Famine? I'll image up food. Genocide? Well it isn't me. A Nuclear Halocaust? Well if I shut up my curtains, I'll be ok.

1+

Silvervemon, you remind me of a ostrich that buries it's head pathetically in the sand. -.-

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I THINK THERE SHOULD BE A KILL BUTTON!

But, seriously. How's it animal abuse? O.o. It's just a "shoo-away". You're only saying that because it's a dog. If it was like a snake or rat, and there was a "Shoo-away" option, you'd be like "DAMN THOSE COMMUNISTS! UH, I MEAN SNAKES!"

And, you can kill monkeys in the game.

OMG ANIMAL ABUSE

You can kill Snakes.

OMG LEATHER

You can kill people

OMG HOMICIDE!

?

.::Congratulations!::.

I just advanced a spamming level!

Now I need to find a decent Signature.

Oh, cows too! and goblins! they get abused all the time, oh and those dragons! poor things, they get killed all day long. Thier FEELINGS must get hurt soo much. You're such a liberalistic enviornmentalist. Honestly, unless all you do for food is an IV, you have abused animals or plants. Hypocrite...

My Walkthrough and Game Guide

http://forum.tip.it/topic/11294-advertise-your-thing-here-all-posted-elsewhere-removed/page__view__findpost__p__4761261

My Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/USDMcat

Latest Announcement:

3-11-11: Both Episodes 1 and 2 of my Borderlands Walkthrough have been uploaded in HD!

Whats funnier then a dead dog on the highway?

^^What's funnier than a dead dog on the highway?!? That comment concerns me...

Although I'm not offended by the "Shoo Away" option, it is sad, but without removing it from the game you can still be nice to those dogs by giving them raw meat or bones :D I tried it when I noticed them :D

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

Never ever and all dogs aren't aggressive as you say they are. Some are cute and adorable.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

honestly, who really cares? dogs are vicious beasts (i was bit in the balls a while back <.< ). Plus stray dogs are really just like wild animals. Tell me you've never killed a guard dog

You don't care about animal cruelty!? :shock:

Plus, dogs aren't 'vicious beasts', thats a horrible stereotype. I have two pet Labs, and they aren't mean to anyone.

Judging by the fact that you mention that stray dogs are wild animals, you think that because of this, they shouldn't be treated properly?? I guess that means we might as well torture all the pandas, dolphins, wolfs, bald eagles, giraffes, elephant, foxes, badgers, deer, moose, ect. as much as we please because they are 'only' wild animals.

I have never killed a guard dog, thank you very much. -.-

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

It is a freaking game, it's not as if Andrew is out at night kicking horses...

My advice: grow up, if you are going to get this emotional over a game, then good luck with life. :shame:

Polnar.png

Whats funnier then a dead dog on the highway?

^^What's funnier than a dead dog on the highway?!? That comment concerns me...

Although I'm not offended by the "Shoo Away" option, it is sad, but without removing it from the game you can still be nice to those dogs by giving them raw meat or bones :D I tried it when I noticed them :D

Your lack of humor and mindless liberalism concerns me.

triforceelf.png

-.-

It's a game. Jagex aren't promoting animal cruelty.

If it affects you that much, avoid going to Varrock or something. They are stray dogs too, I shoo dogs who come into my backyard too. I don't pick it up and care for it.

What about my pet scorpian and pet spiders? Lots get killed everyday too in Runescape.

+1

-.- ffs its just a game making something out of nothing. there is nothing bad about it. would you like jagex to take the hunting skill out as well to make you happy?? it might be a bit cruel for you

protocal_xtc.png