Animal Abuse on RS Already?!

lavijoe

I couldnt help but notice that dog in vorrak....

very cute... yet very sad... I for one am not happy about it. It only shows how people can be so cruel to animals. Where i come from people beat dogs and there many and i say many on the streets at night. If you can all take a moment and go to my space and search for a video of dog cruelty in china... Being at the age of 20 i will admit that video brang many tears to my eyes. Having 2 dogs myself which i love oh so very much, can NOT! stand any abuse of animals! I understand killing them for food but just plain on killing em for the skin (the video from china) is to DAM wrong! Please excuse any language issues i my have during this post; this is a very touching subject for me. A few months ago i lost my very first dog, i cried for days.... just thinking abt it now brings tears to my eyes. Anyways the main reason im writing this is about that dog/s (in case there are more i dont know of) i felt so bad for it i gave it bones from the gaurd that i had killed over there. I also exciamed the dog and it said it has flees, so after i finish this post i plan on using a bucket with water to wash him. I see so many people teasing the dogs it always brings me back to that video from china; so to my main point. Can those dogs please be removed from vorrak streets? dogs don't deserve to be treated like that, they deserve to be treated like we treat our cats when we get one. They are what people call "Man's best friend," what kind of signs are we sending kids who sneak there way into playing these types of games. That its ok to abuse animals, i mean RS is doing it why can't we?

So I (Lavijoe CB 98) bug the tip it community and the rest of the Scapers to support me in REMOVING THE DOGS FROM THE STREETS

-Next Post-

i hope your being sarcastic

its a "shoo away" option

not a lets violently stab this dog to death and continously stab it after its already dead or something..

shadow1854.png

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It almost seems like people rant.. just to rant o.O

There's been loads of threads over this all over the official RuneScape forums.

I don't think Jagex are trying to promote animal cruelty. When a dog comes in my backyard I shoo him away, why? Because he's unwanted in my yard. The same thing can be said for Varrock. There isn't much to argue here other than I think anyone who's ranting about this is either looking for attention or really dedicated about animals being treated right, on and off the internet. We kill animals everyday in RuneScape yet I don't see a thread supporting them. I think anyone old enough to play RuneScape is old enough to have common sense and know that hurting an animal in real life is wrong. My ending point is I don't think this is hurting anyone at all, and this update is blowing up into such a big thing that really isn't needed at all.

Lets talk about the lady in Varrock cleaning the ground. Women's rights much? This is ridiculous

Lol, shooing a dog is animal abuse...

Get this, before I did the fishing contest quest, I KILLED dogs almost every day. No one complained about that.

And who would hang out with a stray dog? It might give you flees or AIDS or something. :P

Jeez... complaining noobs, yes I do mean real noobs.

It is a game, it's not real life and even then I don't see it as animal abuse since you are not physically hurting it.

In China people eat their dogs, we kill other animals like cows/chicken/ducks/deers/pigs and even horses for food.

Other animals are skinned alive for their fur or beaten to death with a club (seals).

Don't expect that this goes all smoothly withouth any pain for those animals altough we see this as normal.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

In China people eat their dogs, we kill other animals like cows/chicken/ducks/deers/pigs and even horses for food.

Adding on to that, some countries that eat insects or other "unusual" things (like dogs) consider killing cows morally wrong.

Cultural Differences FTW!

This is seriously the most pathetic rant I've read in a while. You don't mind that other animals are killed but as soon as it makes you "cry," you think only that one thing is wrong. People have other pets, such as snakes, yet they don't complain.

My only advice for you is to GROW SOME BALLS!

hatewn1.png

Every week I give a cookie to the biggest idiot I can find. You my friend have earned your cookie.

sugar.jpg

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

I'm gonna go thru varrock and kick every single dog i see and give a few of them bones in hopes that they choke on them.

[bleep] get over it, it's a game where you can shoo dogs, this is NOT animal cruelty. This is a GAME.

+1

You don't seem to care that we kill men and women and guards trying to protect Varrork and other places.

But you care about a dog?

Please..

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

We kill Cows and Chickens all the time yet it isn't allowed to simply shoo away a dog? :-k

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

*sigh* This is a game. This is not people in China eating dogs. This is a pixelated character yelling "Thbbbpth!" at a pixel-dog, and the pixel-dog, in turn, retreating and going, "Whine!"

Ever noticed some noobs training slayer in Ardougne? that's animal cruelty. That level 44 guard dog doesn't live for long.

Ever seen someone shoo away a cat straight from Gertrude because they don't have a Ring of Charos, and don't like the color? that's animal cruelty.

But it's not real!

I agree about the poor dogs in varroc. I've seen many people just tease and tease it. I mean, what would compel you to just do something that cruel?

If you ever see one, please give it some bones or meat.

saphira_111.png

Patriotism isn't dying for your country, it's making the other poor bastard die for his.

First of all, I read all posts, since they cracked me up... :lol: That means I know you want me to search for some animal abuse video, but I am very familiar with those videos of animals being skinned alive and such and have no desire to watch them again.

Anyways, you are whining about shooing a dog? :shock: We can use freakin chinchilla handgrenades and you worry about shooing a dog?! You sir, are one messed up individual.

You say this teaches kids the wrong things? Like other people said: killing dogs, humans, other animals, stealing from people, trapping animals, betting on rat fights, sticking a harpoon through a fish, chopping down forrests etc is all fine, but shooing dogs isn't?

best-guide-ever.jpg

Here-I have to give you something for the most random post I've seen that wasn't locked.

muffinyy9.jpg

Why do you care so much about dogs in a game? If, in real life, a rabid stray dog tried to bit you, would you pet it or shoo it away? Morons...

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

This is a rather large exaggeration, don't you think? Shooing a dog, that's animal abuse. I DO NOT approve of actual animal abuse, but shooing a dog is causing ABSOLUTELY no harm to it. Abuse is defined as causing harm... so, really, get over it. I mean this in the nicest way possible.

Lewagold2Sig2.jpg

^Clicky for Q Cape Blog^

MY SIGGIE AND BANNER SHOP

Oh no! There are DOGS that are abused!?!?!? What about the cats taht are sold into rat catching for your own material wealth? Or when you get a slayer assignment and you go down to Brimhaven dungeon and slaughter every dog you see? :shame:

Please people, animal abuse is a problem, but I don't think having the ability to taunt and dog is horrible. :roll:

You wanna help the world and animal abuse? Go to a pound and adopt, not rant about a peice of computer coding.

PS: I love animals to death, and I'd do anything to protect them, but this rant is ridicoulous. :shame:

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

According to logic, you should be a vegetarian because you're mad about dogs. I doubt you are a vegetarian...you eat that chicken and gulp it down to satisfy your hungry stomach, but when it's dogs, you give them sympathy because they are supposedly "man's best friend". Well guess what, this is a GAME.

What's the difference between eating a chicken and shooing a dog? Because the dog is cute and loveable? Just be quiet you don't know a thing about logic.

Unless your vegetarian you need to shut your mouth about this.

It's called a GAME, if you can't distinguish between a game and reality you really need to visit a psychiatrist. I don't end up going to jail because I played Resident Evil 4(Shooting, violent action game) on my gamecube.

Already?

WTH does that mean? Should a game be at least 10 years old before it allows animal abuse?

So your fine with slaying innocent villagers when you first enter Runescape, but shooing dogs away that possibly have rabies is cruel?

Your world is a little mixed up my man.

I couldnt help but notice that dog in vorrak....

very cute... yet very sad... I for one am not happy about it. It only shows how people can be so cruel to animals. Where i come from people beat dogs and there many and i say many on the streets at night. If you can all take a moment and go to my space and search for a video of dog cruelty in china... Being at the age of 20 i will admit that video brang many tears to my eyes. Having 2 dogs myself which i love oh so very much, can NOT! stand any abuse of animals! I understand killing them for food but just plain on killing em for the skin (the video from china) is to DAM wrong! Please excuse any language issues i my have during this post; this is a very touching subject for me. A few months ago i lost my very first dog, i cried for days.... just thinking abt it now brings tears to my eyes. Anyways the main reason im writing this is about that dog/s (in case there are more i dont know of) i felt so bad for it i gave it bones from the gaurd that i had killed over there. I also exciamed the dog and it said it has flees, so after i finish this post i plan on using a bucket with water to wash him. I see so many people teasing the dogs it always brings me back to that video from china; so to my main point. Can those dogs please be removed from vorrak streets? dogs don't deserve to be treated like that, they deserve to be treated like we treat our cats when we get one. They are what people call "Man's best friend," what kind of signs are we sending kids who sneak there way into playing these types of games. That its ok to abuse animals, i mean RS is doing it why can't we?

So I (Lavijoe CB 98) bug the tip it community and the rest of the Scapers to support me in REMOVING THE DOGS FROM THE STREETS

-Next Post-

Yes........well, I suppose that this topic is good for one thing...showing who all the bubbleheads are in RL that can't differentiate a game from reality.

Here's a tip: Not everything on the Internet is real.

Here's one more: The "dogs" in Runescape are programmed in. You should feel as guilty about them as you should feel about stealing from the market stalls. Just for that, I'm going to Varrok and shooing every dog I see.