Animal Abuse on RS Already?!

lavijoe

Certainly keep the dogs. Like many before me said, how can you have a problem with the dogs while you kill thousands of other creatures and humans? It's a game and it's not sad that the dogs are there. You don't seem to have problems with muggers and bums walking around varrock. I don't hear you about introducing police and social welfare to help them, so why do you care about the dogs?

BTW, wasn't there another thread about this topic?

phata_elise.png

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many guard dogs, white wolves, etc. have you killed in RS? A lot. And now you're going ape[cabbage] over people shooing dogs away? You've got to realize that this is just a game, those stray dogs won't go and cry in a corner after you shoo them away, they're NPC's for god's sake.

All of you whiners have to stop being drama queens, and if you really care about dogs, go and volunteer at your local animal shelter.

Whoa! Let's slow down a bit here. Your problem with this is that it promotes animal cruelty? When last I looked (It's amazing how much fun you can get by reading a dictionary!) shoo meant "to drive away". Now it might just be me but I have never considered shooing (notice the lack of a "t") a dog animal abuse. When ever my friends dog jumps up and tries to lick my face, I "drive it away" because I don't like having my face licked. Does this mean I abuse animals? No, of course it doesn't. If instead of a "shoo" option, Jagex had added a "mutilate" option, yeah, I would be supporting a change but they didn't. On the official forums, a Jagex mod said that you were actually blowing a raspberry at the dog! Shock horror! What is this world coming to?

Lighten up, It's horrible some of the things that go on in the world but surely that just goes to show how harmless this is.

My friend you would not tell with such high zest / to children ardent for some desperate glory / the old lie: Dulce et decorum est / pro patria mori.

These 'noobs' are not people as such, they are soulless creations of corporate greed.

Yes I too am shocked and appalled at the strays in Varrock.

Jagex needs to incorporate electric prods into the game so we can prod them to death and watch them squirm from a distance. We might get e-fleas if not !

Very valid point.

And what about the healthy dogs? Can't we cook them for food ? Dog leg shish kebabs etc etc

No offense, but its overly sensitive politically correct self righteous annoying people like the creator of this thread that make me pro choice instead of pro life.

ciao

franzk

Jagex needs to incorporate electric prods into the game so we can prod them to death and watch them squirm from a distance. We might get e-fleas if not !

Very valid point.

And what about the healthy dogs? Can't we cook them for food ? Dog leg shish kebabs etc etc

You are a very mean and nasty person and I don't like you are very mean. Wat did th doggs evr do to you? In China I hav dog and we worhsip it and u come her being mean about dog nt very nise.

Yeah, its harsh. But no need to remove dogs, remove shoo option. I love when my cat is following me and dog is following my cat. Or only dog is following me. *kills some guards for bones* hehe.

Profins.png

specty.png

Very valid point.

You are a very mean and nasty person and I don't like you are very mean. Wat did th doggs evr do to you? In China I hav dog and we worhsip it and u come her being mean about dog nt very nise.

O have a cry.

In China they've cooked dogs and cats before.. what are you talking about.

Direct from Wikipedia

Dog meat (Chinese: ÃÆçâââ¬Ã¹Ã¢ââ‰â¬

Some people in Florida steal cats and eat them. There's signs around my GF's Grandparents Neighborhood that says "Do not let your cat out at night"

I have to, I just watched a video on youtube, and that's just wrong. I'll never feel the same again and from now on, I'm going to deeply hate the chinese

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Some people in Florida steal cats and eat them. There's signs around my GF's Grandparents Neighborhood that says "Do not let your cat out at night"

I have to, I just watched a video on youtube, and that's just wrong. I'll never feel the same again and from now on, I'm going to deeply hate the chinese

If you're starving or craving a particular kind of meat, you'll eat it no matter what it is.

How can you hate the Chinese coz some of them eat dogs. That's just dumb. Hindus might hate you coz you eat beef.

Your neighbour might hate you coz he has an unhealthy obsession with beetroot which you love.

Don't hate, thats pointless.

Heck I'd eat dog meat if it was cooked well to see what it tasted like, and I have a pet dog.

You people complaining about those dogs, especially on official forums, need to shut up and get mental help. That's like in real life, yelling at a dog you don't know, "Git outta here!" to shoo it away. In no way is that abuse. :roll: You can get rid of your cat as well or SELL it for Death Runes. Why not complain about that? Saying "Shoo!" is not abuse!

Besides the fact this is meant to be a 13+ year old game in which you little kids should not be playing it, and it's a pixel dog, you can also kill people, kill bears, kill wolves, kill birds, kill women, hunt and kill animals, steal stuff, throw knives at things, need I go on?

Just go play Habbo if this oh so extremely violent game is just too much for you. =; :roll:

And I support Franzk, only because it's funny, and it's a pixel dog. :lol: And I watched him train when I was in my 70s...

Its not animal cruelty... I have four dogs in real life and when I first shooed away the dogs in the game I fell over laughing so hard it was so funny. I don't abuse my animals and I don't see a problem with shooing away the dogs in the game...

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Of course animal cruelty is... well cruel, but calm down for a moment, and don't mistake Runescape for YouTube.

You can kick and hit dogs and bunnies (cute pet-like animals) to death in Runescape, but don't panic it won't drive anybody to be cruel to real life animals and it should not be mistaken to be cruelty against animals. IMO!

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

So all the animal abuse was fine until it comes to making a shoo away option for dogs in the street? That's ridiculous. There are so many animals that can be killed in this game, like the wild dogs, the chickens, etc... And worst of all, what about the rats in the fight pits? These rats are just used as bait for cats to eat and people to bet on. This horrible sport is a disgrace far worse than simply shooing away a dog and the whole attitude of extermination of rats during that quest is terribly abusive compared to the simple addition of dogs that roam the streets. (and yes, both these activities are reflections of real life)

Think of all the animals, not just the dogs.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

For christs sake...

Its a [rude word] game.

Listen, i support dog charities, i have several dogs of my own, yet what you are doing is blowing something out of proportion. Sure, the fur trade is a terrible thing, and general animal cruelty is terrible (I have a family member in the RSPCA), but its just a game...

Tell you what, quit runescape, then you can no longer hurt pixellated animals. I have a migrane coming on here...

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.'

Aristotle

VVVV Blog VVVV

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=742 ... highlight=

I'm sorry to say this, this might shock you and you might die but....... 'animal abuse' has been around since the start of rs. How? Cows, chickens, rats, all these animals have been favoured training animals for noobs, and millions have been killed, why not rant about how you killed some chickens when you started playing? Oooh snap, snap, snap owned.

Whoops, should'nt of said that

happysigbp0.jpg

I'm sorry to say this, this might shock you and you might die but....... 'animal abuse' has been around since the start of rs. How? Cows, chickens, rats, all these animals have been favoured training animals for noobs, and millions have been killed, why not rant about how you killed some chickens when you started playing? Oooh snap, snap, snap owned.

Whoops, should'nt of said that

Great, now we're going to have the save the rs animals movement. The only thing we'd me allowed to train on would be dummies.

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.'

Aristotle

VVVV Blog VVVV

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=742 ... highlight=

What i think you need to do is take a nap...Or quit RS. Its not promoting animal cruelty...and cats are better than dogs and cleaner...and nicer...and less noisy..thats why you can adopt cats..the dogs just show Varrock's a "bad" place... its nothing big...just an illusion..

Epee-Signature-2.png

rats cows and chickens are suppose to be killed for food, but dog? I know if I gave a noob a ' cooked dog meat' he/she would give it back, it's just not cool man, EATING a dog in a game? When we were all kids we knew that we ate cows and chickens ( I don't know what to say bout the rats, their not my favorite) But DOGS!! :XD:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

o cmon dont be a ***** better care about the millions of rabid dogs on the REAL WORLD streets which threaten our lives rather than some stupid dogs that are for decoration (and fun shooing) in the game

dont mistake me as an animal hater, i love animals

mitsubishi64.jpeg

Click my main sig to see my fakes :D

Proud to be Mexican, yay!

Yeah right, as if a 9 year old, who wasn't supposed to play Runescape anyway, will shoo and abuse reall life dogs now that he has seen that he can shoo them in Varrock :roll:

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

How about you go volunteer at an animal shelter instead of complaining about shooing away (AKA, not hurting) a dog in a video game?

Noo. Coz then he'd have to actually do something other than whine.

God forbid :roll:

I think that the dogs should stay there, BUT there be no shoo option, and a pet option and maybe a feed and wash and adopt button :D

that I would like!

Like seriously, in america (for those of you out of country) on animal planet they should dog fights and how people abuse there dogs!

WHAT THE (beep) is this world coming to! I plain on making donations to a animal rescue center once i get a better job and i plan on making a donation often!

EDIT: Have you heard a dog cry? You want to see the abuse they go through? watch that video and you will see things you do not need too...

I watched alittle to be sure I thought i was gonna throw up on my bed...

If you where to come by my house and do that to any animal i would hurt you... arrest me do what you must but animals like humans deserve better

You're taking this way too far, honestly.

The real issue here isn't promotion of animal cruelty. It's your inability to differentiate a virtual online game and real life. I suggest maybe stop playing Runescape if you're going THIS outrageously far with your opinions.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png