Animal Abuse on RS Already?!

lavijoe

Basically rehashing previous opinions, it is only a game. No big deal to shoo away a dog, you're not kicking it. Not even touching it. <.<

But for those animal lovers and activists out there, maybe Jagex should just put in a level 170 aggressive mage/melee monster that attacks you whenever you shoo a dog, and whenever you feed it bones then you get rich?

Seriously though. :P It's just a game.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this person is being sensitive, but I understand the motive and feelings. I am female and an adult. I do not allow my son to play games where there is blood and where you see the bodies being blown apart or any body part removed, because seeing that level of violence does desensitize.

I don't kill calves and I seldom kill any npc humans and I would never kill a farmer because i was a farm girl. Having those feelings is one thing, but asking others to agree (especially here where forum goers would rather rip you apart then have empathy) is pushing it a little too far.

Seems I am a bubblehead

I have three Dogs myself and I love them to peices and I hate the thought of anyone treating any animals badly so why am I not offended by these Dogs?

The reason I am not offended by the Dogs because after all they are not real, they are only Pixels. People do not complain that Gears of Wars is terrible because it has human beings being killed with a chain saw. Why? Because it is a game. I think that maybe complaining about how Pixels are being treated is going a bit too far but hey, your entitled to your own opinion. You want to complain about Pixels being mis-treated do not let my opinions stop you.

Well this person is being sensitive, but I understand the motive and feelings. I am female and an adult. I do not allow my son to play games where there is blood and where you see the bodies being blown apart or any body part removed, because seeing that level of violence does desensitize.

I don't kill calves and I seldom kill any npc humans and I would never kill a farmer because i was a farm girl. Having those feelings is one thing, but asking others to agree (especially here where forum goers would rather rip you apart then have empathy) is pushing it a little too far.

Seems I am a bubblehead

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I too have a child, and protect her from all of the nasty things out there. She understands fully the difference between reality and fantasy. She plays online games, and watches cartoons, but doesn't think that Daddy should gun the engine and plow through traffic when we drive someplace, just because it's fun to do on a video game. No one here is espousing violence against animals, but what most people have pointed out is that there is a definte and distinct difference between an imaginary animal in a video game and Fido next door.

The contention was not with animal abuse, it's that people are claiming empathy with creatures that are not real in any manner. It's like accusing Jim Henson of Animal Rights abuses because his Muppets would occasionally meet violence....

I wouldn't watch a video of animal abise for half a second before getting a plane ticket and going to China to beat up the poor folls that abuse (animals OR humans). I honestle think that the shoo option is not needed and the "Thbbbbt!" is more like a Provoke then a Shoo, but the Whimper and whine just makes me po'ed. I wanna have an animal help group with 7 squads that go out twice a day to feed/give bones/wash the dogs. I blame this on JaGeX, quite honestly. They seem to WANT more terrorists or something. I'm about to go to wash a stray dog or two.

Amount of spam rising... Urge to kill people rising...

~~~~~ Magesty of Impurity ~~~~~

Please don't flame anyone, unless they deserve it ( if someone posts crap, then flame at will. :^_^:).

whatcolor_isblue.jpgWhat Color Are You?

I wouldn't watch a video of animal abise for half a second before getting a plane ticket and going to China to beat up the poor folls that abuse (animals OR humans). I honestle think that the shoo option is not needed and the "Thbbbbt!" is more like a Provoke then a Shoo, but the Whimper and whine just makes me po'ed. I wanna have an animal help group with 7 squads that go out twice a day to feed/give bones/wash the dogs. I blame this on JaGeX, quite honestly. They seem to WANT more terrorists or something. I'm about to go to wash a stray dog or two.

:anxious: :lol: :roll:

I hope your not serious, its a game! Really, Runescape is NOT REAL LIFE. If you get mad over a few little pixels your the type who really plays video games too damn much.

To go farther and say you should have an animal support group (IN RUNESCAPE?!) Why the hell does this 'shoo' option on a pixel-lated dog have to do with ANYTHING about terrorists?

*whimper whimper* *Whine!* (Lets try and provoke the weird person)

Dog%2001.gif

Seriously dude, this is basically what your complaining about. A real dog is understandable, but when you think we're abusing stuff like this.. Well, you really need to get out more.

You make me ashamed to be a 'blue' damn you..

Some people in Florida steal cats and eat them. There's signs around my GF's Grandparents Neighborhood that says "Do not let your cat out at night"

I have to, I just watched a video on youtube, and that's just wrong. I'll never feel the same again and from now on, I'm going to deeply hate the chinese

That is one racist remark, stop assuming there are only chinese from china in the whole world. Because China chinese does something offensive to you, you express hatred towards (all) chinese, nice one. -.-

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

By law of all things pure and everlasting, humans should be the ones dying every day by the millions. If the animal name human being didnt exist and it was only "animals" as we call them, then the earth would last for many millions more years.

Make sure to be pleased with the ways of your death

For in days of reckoning and when the twilight torn is ticking

Elysium is halfway and as an answer to the plea

You're destined to yield fragments of Hell in return

I couldnt help but notice that dog in vorrak....

very cute... yet very sad... I for one am not happy about it. It only shows how people can be so cruel to animals. Where i come from people beat dogs and there many and i say many on the streets at night. If you can all take a moment and go to my space and search for a video of dog cruelty in china... Being at the age of 20 i will admit that video brang many tears to my eyes. Having 2 dogs myself which i love oh so very much, can NOT! stand any abuse of animals! I understand killing them for food but just plain on killing em for the skin (the video from china) is to DAM wrong! Please excuse any language issues i my have during this post; this is a very touching subject for me. A few months ago i lost my very first dog, i cried for days.... just thinking abt it now brings tears to my eyes. Anyways the main reason im writing this is about that dog/s (in case there are more i dont know of) i felt so bad for it i gave it bones from the gaurd that i had killed over there. I also exciamed the dog and it said it has flees, so after i finish this post i plan on using a bucket with water to wash him. I see so many people teasing the dogs it always brings me back to that video from china; so to my main point. Can those dogs please be removed from vorrak streets? dogs don't deserve to be treated like that, they deserve to be treated like we treat our cats when we get one. They are what people call "Man's best friend," what kind of signs are we sending kids who sneak there way into playing these types of games. That its ok to abuse animals, i mean RS is doing it why can't we?

So I (Lavijoe CB 98) bug the tip it community and the rest of the Scapers to support me in REMOVING THE DOGS FROM THE STREETS

-Next Post-

holy crap its a freaking game

Hi! add me in game! rsn: cdplayr

im selling bow strings 160gp ea :)

i fully support world 36 as the official barrows world. put this in your sig if you do too

Oh Mah Gee! Did you lose a bet and had to post this?

U've gotta be kidding..

PIXEL < REAL LIFE

nub.

Past Member of the Order of Cabbage, leading the Cabbage forces to victory during Pie Vs. Cabbage 5. yay!

jochblahhm6.png

It's not a real dog, get over it.

We should remove all combat at this pace.

Have you seen what stray dogs have done to people? And how is it cute? It's covered in fleas and balding! GROSS.

bacurahararu.png

I'm not about to read through seven pages of what probably has already been said, but:

Stop it. Please, just stop.

I wonder how someone who thinks that "abuse" of a dog is something of shooing them away; you can do the exact same with your cat!

On top of this, there are various amounts of "abuse" which go on ingame which are pretty much our daily routine:

* Killing other men/women (guards, soldiers, players, etc.)

* Thieving from NPCs

* Hunting various animals for skins and profit

* Pseudo-hunting (not regarding the skill) such as Dragons, Dagannoth, Kalphite Queen, etc.

If you feel like shooing a dog is abusive and none of the above are, then what are you doing playing?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I guess it shows it where we are as a worldwide culture today if we are whining about virtual animal cruelty. Jagex is not promoting animal cruelty. Just find something valid to worry about. I just can't believe this. This is a perfect example of what people value as important as starving infants and children in Darfur or young men and women fighting in wars. Lets think of what issues are ACTUALY important next time.

RSN:Benny_4

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

you're not "abusing" the dog,s your giving thm a raspberry...at the very worst you're getting them slightly wet with spit, which they do to themselves anyway when they clean themselves. get over it.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

most of you are saying that the dogs in varrock are abused. they are shooed away. if you came from miami florida you would probably would have seen animal abuse nearly everyday. its a thing you get used to. black people ( not to be racist ) beating their dogs, having them on choke collars, barely feeding them, keeping them tied up, and so on and so forth. that would be abuse. not shooing away a dog. i know some people shoe away these animated dogs in excess ( more than necessary ) but thats a thing you are probably going to have to get used to.

done with runescape

most of you are saying that the dogs in varrock are abused. they are shooed away. if you came from miami florida you would probably would have seen animal abuse nearly everyday. its a thing you get used to. black people ( not to be racist ) beating their dogs, having them on choke collars, barely feeding them, keeping them tied up, and so on and so forth. that would be abuse. not shooing away a dog. i know some people shoe away these animated dogs in excess ( more than necessary ) but thats a thing you are probably going to have to get used to.

White people do those things also so yes you were being rascist.