Dragon Arrows, Dark Bow, Dragon Darts-Starting Prices?

denhaag0o0

funny i made a topic just like this ealier and a mod locked it.... talk about picking favorites.... lol

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and btw, there is right now 2,651 people with 90 slayer. I would say about 500 more people will get 90 just because of this upcomming update.... seeing as there will only be 3,000 people the day it comes out... im guessing the price will be super high :)

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

I'm one of those 500+ getting 90 because of this update. Had 85 slayer since january and decided to comtinue training it instead of abyssal camping. I laugh at all those abyssal demon campers that need 5 lvls when I only need 2 :lol:.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Bow: Considering that whips were in the 20m's at one point, the bows will be probebly 25-30m because thats a 5 level difference, and a lot of xp. the bows will probebly be around that price for 2-3 days, until it falls a few million each day until i dont know what. probebly 7mish. then they will fall down to about 2mish, then possibly 1.7 later, just like the whip.

Arrows: rune arrows are 400 ea. these take a fletching level of 75 to create, whereas the dragon arrows will take a level of 83 hunter to get. fletching is either the top 99, or at least is in the top 5ish of 99's people get first. thus, more arrows around. I'm pretty sure since hunter JUST came out, there are a lot fewer people with 99 hunter, thus these arrows will cost a lot. im guessing anywhere from 5-10k ea the first day, if not more. will probebly decrease down to 2-4k ea at the end of the month, no idea where it will go later.

Darts: these will have a big impact on dueling. a lot of people use rune darts and knives as their 1 handed range weapon. the little turn off sheild spot, but have range turned on trick when dueling will probebly be mroe popular, thus creating mroe of a demand for these high powered darts. im guessing 3-6k ea starting out, maybe down to 1-4k ea later, and no idea where it will go after that.

*all of these prices are just speculations*

polarbeardaveyz9.png

I dont care how much the bow costs. As long as it has better bonus than msb and isnt a piece like all the new bows have been (aka- slow - crossbows and composite) ill be buying one when I have the money. Im excited, hope it looks tight :)

i will +1 on the hope it looks tight!

also, anyone think this might be the rerelease of the 2x snapshot spec that they nerfed the msb with?

i really really hope jagex doesnt mess this up, and being that its a drop from a lvl 90 slayer, it dang well better be the ranging equivalent of a whip

1. because the slayers will be annoyed as heck if it blows and turns out to be worthless

2. the rangers will be annoyed that they have another high lvl bow that sucks. (seercull and mage compy anyone?)

im also wondering how the almighty plan of stopping pures is going to influance how this bow works ( only has a def mode of attack? )

so to sum up that long and confuzing post, it will matter what the spec is, speed and how it trains.

P.S. i personally think "dark" implys that the spec will drain somthing, and im thinking str or range sence we already have seercull.

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

This could easily be the biggest update to range in years. However, don't forget in all of this that range is a relatively boring and slow way to kill monsters. The whip got its price initially for duelers/stakers and even some pkers. The vast majority of whips are now used exclusively as training weapons for melee.

For training, the magic short or even the crystal bow will still reign supreme.

Unless the bonuses on these bows make the dark bow so super over powered, then it will never be used for training as much as the whip.

I anticipate it starting fairly high (people have gobs of money), then dropping FAST if it ends up being underpowered (relative to a cheap mage short) or even slower than the magic short.

I'd say 20 mill for the bow for the first day, 10 mill the next, and dropping to 5 mill within a week. It's all about demand for the bow in this case. Which could be high because a lot of high lvls have maxed out cb and may be working on range to 99 these days anyways.

(Don't forget in all of this about the compound magic bow - which came out and quickly became a disappointment.)

i think it will be used for training often depending on the speed of it, my guess is youre grouping the arrows with the bow in that thought. using the dark bow for training with steel arrows will be better than msb with steel arrows. dragon arrows, as with rune arrows, will MOSTLY be used for pking/dueling, however the bow itself can be used for training

I think around the 10 million price range for the bow. But you have to take into account there are way less rangers than there are meleeers in this game. So there will be less demand from the start. Also, if they make it like the seercull so you protect your hides above the seercull in wild, prices will go down very fast. If they give it the best special in game however, I can see this bow stay up in price for a very long time.

Anyone who thinks that the prices on the new bow will be comparable to the first whips are terribly mistaken, as when the first whips came out there wasn't anyone around that had 85 slayer yet.

With this update, plenty of people already have 90 slayer, so they will be much more frequent and will probably only peak around 10M. That's my guess.

Proud owner of a Fire Cape, achieved on the 24th of August, 2006.

Feel free to PM me in game, RSN is Dlewa0.

3,849th Account to 99 Range. :)

the dragon arrows, and darts are going to be way more expensive then what everyone is saying, i mean rune knives go for 3-4k ea at duel arena, i say we could be looking at 5k ea for dragon darts, which will be range stakers dreams! and dragon arrows around 1-2k ea which will be low lvl pkers dream having a stock of 10 in there inventory and switch to that for the ko. As anyone thought yet that maybe only dragon arrows will be used with new bow?

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

It will just depend on how often it is dropped by the monster.

It probably will be a very high price in World 2

IM really hoping its a better drop rate then the death tally, i also prolly will go post on the RSOF saying they need to assign more dark beasts per task.

Ive killed a few hundred and only got 1 death talisman after the first dozen or so.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

I see a little mistake here.

Until now the highest lvl arrows were rune and those required lvl 40 range and a yew bow to use, the magic bow didn't add any value in usable ammo, so why did they say a new bow was needed for dragon arrows?

If the magic bow will not be able to fire dragon arrows and we will indeed need this new darkbow to be able to use them then I think that prices might be a bit higher then we expect them to be.

I also expect this thing to get better stats then karils xbow and crystal bow even though it has a lower lvl requirement because that's just typical jagex.... look at karils coif ? XD

BUT..... Even if this thing has better stats then karils xbow it isn't worth all that much to use it instead of a nagic short or crystal bow because it wouldn't hit much more then 1-3 damage higher using the same type of arrows.

So... what WILL make the big difference? It's special attack, the special attack is what will turn this bow into an interesting pking object or a fairly useless extra 1 damage while training. When this bow gets released depending on what the special attack guide says it's special is I would be a quick buyer before they go up further or just leave it untouched until everyone sees it isn't useful and get one later for 100k-1mill or so.

so yeah... the only big mystery and price influencing factor is the special attack. Let's hope it'll be something "special" :)

I see a little mistake here.

Until now the highest lvl arrows were rune and those required lvl 40 range and a yew bow to use, the magic bow didn't add any value in usable ammo, so why did they say a new bow was needed for dragon arrows?

If the magic bow will not be able to fire dragon arrows and we will indeed need this new darkbow to be able to use them then I think that prices might be a bit higher then we expect them to be.

I also expect this thing to get better stats then karils xbow and crystal bow even though it has a lower lvl requirement because that's just typical jagex.... look at karils coif ? XD

BUT..... Even if this thing has better stats then karils xbow it isn't worth all that much to use it instead of a nagic short or crystal bow because it wouldn't hit much more then 1-3 damage higher using the same type of arrows.

So... what WILL make the big difference? It's special attack, the special attack is what will turn this bow into an interesting pking object or a fairly useless extra 1 damage while training. When this bow gets released depending on what the special attack guide says it's special is I would be a quick buyer before they go up further or just leave it untouched until everyone sees it isn't useful and get one later for 100k-1mill or so.

so yeah... the only big mystery and price influencing factor is the special attack. Let's hope it'll be something "special" :)

Let's not forget the hopefully sexy look! :P

phata_elise.png

I don't care about it's stats much, I just want a non degrading bow that looks sexy. <3:

It should be better than a magic longbow atleast, and that's all im expecting.

Dark_Jab.png

Gargoyles from slayer = Maul = new meaning of KO

Nech from slayer = Rune boots = best melee boots ever

Abbysal Demons = Abbysal whips = best and most used PK weapon, like an Ak-47 good in all situations. Though some barrow sets are better in certain circumstances, 99.99percent of high lvls have a whip for training or pking.

Dark Beast = Dark Bow = see the pattern?

Hmm, I wonder why JaGEx decided not to release dragon knives?

Also, about these Implings, we were told they would collect items relating to their 'species' (using the word loosely, do demonic beings classify as a species?), then surely they would only collect the arrowheads, because the rest of the arrow is made of wood and feathers, not the metal...? Could this be a new use for fletching as well?

Meh, sorry for the off topicness. :oops:

I would not put any starting prices on the dark bow/ d arrow/ d darts yet, as:

1. We don't know how powerful they will be.

2. We don't know the drop rate of the bow.

3. We don't know the catch rate of the Implings.

~ W ~

sigzi.png