f2p range update with dark bows coming out?

Gilformen

i was thinking,

theyre releasing dark bows and dragon arrows which require 60 range to use, previously the highest arrows that were fletchable were rune, and therefore members only. now that we'll be able to produce dragon arrows, will they allow f2p players to use yew bows and rune arrows?

its a possibility. do you think they should?

i hope they dont...im fine with using addy arrows when im in f2p and the operating costs of a f2p range pure would rise expodentially, especially as if it does happen every person looking for profit would camp at range stores and resell arrows for terrible prices.

do you think jagex will update f2p range equipment with the new release?

do you think it wise if they do?

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

i dont think so f2p is ment to give people a little taste of whats in p2p there not gonna make that many updates for it.

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

Runescape members is so cheap anyways...$5 a month...that is hugely inexpensive.

F2p doesn't need an update in range. Although, I wish Jagex would update treasure trails so that f2p would be able to wield a lot of the new items. This would benefit p2p so much because it would give a market for the lame p2p rewards.

w4M8t.png

I could really careless about what happens in F2P. It wouldnt be wise to give them rune arrows and yew bows. Rangers on F2P already have a substantial amount of power and dont need any more, to be honest. If F2P recieves any updates aside from graphical ones, they should be little and barely help them out. :D

icedearth06.png

More Tip.it Friends Needed! Feel Free To Add Me\m/ Tip.it's Biggest Metalhead.

Enough of these threads already :roll:

We don't know how hard will it be to obtain dragon arrows, there is no certified proof it will replace rune arrows totally. Also, what has this got to do with f2p? No anyway, f2p needs mage update more than range update badly.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Of course they will update the f2p range section.

Actually, they will even release f2p-only-update:

B-arrows! Like, barrows arrows. Not available for p2p'ers.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

f2p-ers are cheap little kids who dont deserve any updates.
Well I suppose I should start by saying that is completely unfair to say that. I don't care if F2P gets any updates to be honest (Sure I would be happy if one came out but I don't mind if they don't). But the whole "Cheap little kids" thing is just absurd.

Getting back on topic...

I don't think F2P will get any range update. In fact i'm 99% sure that it would not happen. Though looking at rune and green dhide stat requirements, yew bows do seem logical.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I agree 99% Theres a good number of people in f2p who are decent so you can kiss my [wagon]. Because that 1% deserves some respect.

Anyway I doubt it.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

F2P doesn't need a ranged update, I think we are fine as is.

Yeah, great use of a sterotype. And, quite a lot of members are cheap little kids who don't deserve updates because all they do is whine when they get them and whine when they don't get them.

Another sterotype would be, all Americans are just like George Bush or Paris Hilton.

If you look at the official forums and go into any place, you can see how many stupid immature people go there. All you have to go is go to the suggestions or rants forum and you see some of the most stupid waste-of-bandwidth posts. The Babymaking skill or the sitting skill or the "I should be able to one hit people with my dragon dagger but I can't because it is way too underpowered" thread.

Of course, there are tons of mature members and tons of mature f2p players, you just have to find them.

tfssig.png

Oh my god... get a freaking life will you!? I LOVE it when some gay little punk who has absolutely no understanding of economics decides to call someone else "cheap" and that they "don't deserve" updates

F2p makes enough money from adds to pay for ALL servers... YES little kiddy that includes your oh so precious p2p server... They could run runescape off f2p alone... the wonderful p2p is for profit only...

F2p'ers are hard working gamers who enjoy the game even if they don't get all the items they could... EVERY single level that they earn is two to three times as hard as every level you get while using a whip or pcing your exp...

I almost never see f2p'ers asking for updates... normally they are quite happy with the decent solid game that they have... F2p is balanced pking... all 3 combat types have a chance against one another...

I know alot of guys in real life who play f2p... They aren't bad kids... many of them would get members but either their parents say no or they can't afford the $5 a month... WOW, does that shock you that some people out there can't afford to pay 5 dollars... guess we aren't all lucky middle class Americans eh?

Get your head out of your pathetic, slushy, overweight, [developmentally delayed]ed, the worlds a wonderful place buttox and stop being a stuck up, socially rejected [puncture]...

Have a nice day :x

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Oh my god... get a freaking life will you!? I LOVE it when some gay little punk who has absolutely no understanding of economics decides to call someone else "cheap" and that they "don't deserve" updates

F2p makes enough money from adds to pay for ALL servers... YES little kiddy that includes your oh so precious p2p server... They could run runescape off f2p alone... the wonderful p2p is for profit only...

F2p'ers are hard working gamers who enjoy the game even if they don't get all the items they could... EVERY single level that they earn is two to three times as hard as every level you get while using a whip or pcing your exp...

I almost never see f2p'ers asking for updates... normally they are quite happy with the decent solid game that they have... F2p is balanced pking... all 3 combat types have a chance against one another...

I know alot of guys in real life who play f2p... They aren't bad kids... many of them would get members but either their parents say no or they can't afford the $5 a month... WOW, does that shock you that some people out there can't afford to pay 5 dollars... guess we aren't all lucky middle class Americans eh?

Get your head out of your pathetic, slushy, overweight, [developmentally delayed], the worlds a wonderful place buttox and stop being a stuck up, socially rejected [puncture]...

that is one of the greatest posts i have seen. +1 most f2ps aren't bad people. go to edgeville. or any guild. =D>

Jaderman10.png

Played runescape for about 2 years!

I love SSBB!!!

Enough of these threads already :roll:

We don't know how hard will it be to obtain dragon arrows, there is no certified proof it will replace rune arrows totally. Also, what has this got to do with f2p? No anyway, f2p needs mage update more than range update badly.

+ mage needs update waaaaaay before range. hands down.

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

Get your head out of your pathetic, slushy, overweight, [developmentally delayed], the worlds a wonderful place buttox and stop being a stuck up, socially rejected [puncture]...

and no, ftp dosnt deserve updates, they dont pay for the game! and no, looking at an add isnt paying for it, no matter what you say.

ummm, no ftp barely breaks even with the costs of all the servers and such, no idea where you got the idea that ftp payed for everything...

i see ftpers begging for updates all the time! just look at this weeks hot topic!

i dont dout the people who play f2p are good kids, but a vast majority of f2p is infested with macros and real life tradors, and noobs who beg and follow you around for a half hour... and think about it... nintendo doesnt come to your house and give you all their latest gaming stuff for free, do they? so why should jagex?

and why insult someone with pointless remarks to someone you dont even know? you sound stupid, making up random stuff.

btw, i dont think all f2pers are cheap little kids who dont deserve any updates. if they were cheap, they probably would play runescape in the first place...

i think thats all :?

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

Said in the style of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, merely for my own amusement...

OBJECTION! Jagex have said multiple times if you look for it (I believe most recently in the Development Diaries, it might be the one that released before it should have been, I forget) that F2P breaks even. Ads make enough money to pay for the servers, and maybe one or two customer support people (if they're lucky). And that's it. A few years ago Andrew mentioned that they looked at paying some other company to look after F2P because they couldn't be bothered with it any more, but decided against it because there'd be absolutely no profit in it for the other company.

In summary: Jagex doesn't make a loss on F2P. Nor does it make any money. it breaks even. Anyone saying that members is there purely for profit obviously has no idea of the costs involved in running a 150+ staffed company.

xpx was out of line when he said that F2Pers were cheap little kids. But he was right when he said they don't deserve any updates either. A player who stays 'F2P for life' contributes absolutely nothing to Jagex and thus will gain nothing from them.

As for the implication that because "F2Pers are hard working gamers who enjoy the game even if they don't get all the items they could" and that they deserve updates because "They aren't bad kids"... To put it bluntly - Jagex run a business, not a charity. F2P makes them no money. To get money, they want you to pay for members. If you will not pay for members, they will get no money from you and thus they couldn't care less about. It's heartless, but welcome to business world. Yay for evil capitalism!

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

But they might have acces to the improvement of crossbows. :-w

Yes .. improvements in bronze Cbow

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

and no, ftp dosnt deserve updates, they dont pay for the game! and no, looking at an add isnt paying for it, no matter what you say.

ummm, no ftp barely breaks even with the costs of all the servers and such, no idea where you got the idea that ftp payed for everything...

i see ftpers begging for updates all the time! just look at this weeks hot topic!

i dont dout the people who play f2p are good kids, but a vast majority of f2p is infested with macros and real life tradors, and noobs who beg and follow you around for a half hour... and think about it... nintendo doesnt come to your house and give you all their latest gaming stuff for free, do they? so why should jagex?

and why insult someone with pointless remarks to someone you dont even know? you sound stupid, making up random stuff.

btw, i dont think all f2pers are cheap little kids who dont deserve any updates. if they were cheap, they probably would play runescape in the first place...

i think thats all :?

Amen snake, amen!

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009