I bet you never knew... ~\500+ facts collected/~

tintin113

...that you could get gems before crafting came out in RSC? For a couple of days, rocks would occasionally give miners a gem for their efforts.

I'll update this with those new facts. :D

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff, some were interesting, other brought back memories.

Let's see if I can think of one........

How about: ... When barrows were first released, the rants forum went ablaze. People disliked that armor better than dragon (full dragon = 45 mill at the time), was considerably cheaper.

... Before the abyss, nature runes were sold at about 400 each (methods were much slower too).

... Originally, players crafting chaos runes were forced to walk to AND from the alter via that ridiculously long maze.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Did You Know...

... that poison can be removed from weapons using a cleaning cloth (piece of silk soaked in Karamjan run).

Thanks again to the tip.it for bumping this thread lol. However due to my latest quest spree, I have aquired another random fact:

Did you know...

...that spinning the glden fleece into golden wool gives you 42 crafting xp.

tifsiggy.jpg

In rsc you needed a sleeping bags to do skills

When wilde for first made the items became visible much quicker and looters made a fortune

The scythe drop didn't require any "sub-quest" but they spawned in the wilderness so you had to be quick

hope these havent been said :XD:

Jamje.png

null and void

I love to read them

Keep it up :thumbsup:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

• 4 weeks later...

Did you know...

There are about 23,764,774,880,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 passwords possible for runescape.

Good luck if you're ever trying to steal zezima's account, lol.

37^20+37^19+37^18...37^5

There are password limitations, but they are probably very minimal and won't really matter.

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

...that the scythe drop didn't require any "sub-quest" but they spawned in the wilderness so you had to be quick

Sorry, but I have to disagree. I got my scythe from behind the Falador Shield Shop. I also know of someone else who got theirs behind the Goblin House in Lumbridge.

• 1 month later...

Here's an interesting one:

On Easter 2005, melted easter eggs would result in chocolate dust, a members only item at the time. As a result of thousands of f2pers now having a members item in their bank, Jagex made the item f2p.

lalalasig2.png

Here's an interesting one:

On Easter 2005, melted easter eggs would result in chocolate dust, a members only item at the time. As a result of thousands of f2pers now having a members item in their bank, Jagex made the item f2p.

Woah really? That is weird.

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

cool topic!

Did you know that when items where transfered from rs1 to rs2 it was posible to get more than 1 scyth or bunny ears in your bank? Some ppl who kept them still have more than 1 scyth or bunny ears.

I still have 6 scythes atm ;-)

Before an update it was almost impossible for higher cookers to get burnt meat by themselves required for a quest, so JaGeX made it so that if you recooked cooked meat you would burn it.

In RSC there was no sound or music in non-members. I don't think there was music in RSC members (can someone confirm that please) but there were sounds effects such as mining or cooking.

In the very early stages of RSC you could only bank gold.

In RSC bank doors were closeable, many people made autoers shut the doors, and when the managed to open, loads of people suddenly walked in and out of the bank! Dead fun.

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

some of those are wrong...

Santa's had no bonuses in rsc, I stayed up all night for the drops and got 3 of them when they dropped.

The rsc black space glitch was also possible to accomplish from lumbridge castle.

I can't believe no one mentioned the knife glitch!!! In the early stages of RSC you could wield a regular knife along with your main weapon... you could wield as many knives as you had in your inventory and they made it so that you could hit ridiculously high for the time, this glitch was abused for about a week until jagex got serious and started banning anyone for doing it.

Also in the beginning stages of RSC when jagex banned a player a system message showed up telling everyone who was banned.

When castle wars was first introduced there was a way to smuggle bandages outside of it and into the normal runescape world... this caused a problem in the duel arena because bandages didn't count as food.

It used to be possible to smuggle armour and weapons into entrana. In RSC there was a portion of entrana visible in the normal world where one could drop items and then telegrab them from the entrana side.

In RSC there were 3 rounds of combat and then you were offered the chance to flee, however, there was a glitch which required very good timing that allowed you to instantly re-attack your opponent for 3 more combat rounds.

pandapk2.jpg

some of them arent true

there is one i forgot which isnt true

and your friends list and ignore list dont load at the same time

once i logged in friends list was up but ignore wouldnt even bother loading

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Hehe, quite an interesting list you've got going there, a lot of them relate to RSC so I already knew them :P

Lol, just noticed how old this topic is, ah well, its a good topic anyways :D

The old ones are they best ones! :wink:

This was also made hot topic too, so someone probably got the link from there lol. :XD:

Thanks for these new posts guys, I honestly never thought I would see my old thread up and running again. :D

I'll update the facts now. O:)

tifsiggy.jpg

"in RSC, having an Adamant Plate labeled you as one of the richest people around"

Not really at the late times of rsc.

RSN - Ur Enemy, lvl 120 - Back in action!:)

Oldest rsn: Obu86 lvl 100 :P ~Retired~

RS Since 2001

...that you cannot get shade, zombie, gravedigger random event when you bury bone while fighting?

I think you can...

I remember when I was fighting monster, I buried the bone drop by the last monster, zombie appear(can't attack me cause it is not multi combat area), and at least once I was sent to the gravedigger!!

...that in Keldagrim West part of the large building, there is a crossbow shop. However, this crossbowshop sells 'AmmoPouches' for 1500gp ea. You can only have 1 of these pouch and they can store 4x 255 bolts of any type! So if you ever wish to carry several types of bolts, this is the way to save inventory space!
...the Keldagrim Consortium East side crossbow shop proprietor sells an Ammo Pouch for 1500gp. It has 4 slots; each slot holds 255 bolts of any type.

Doubled??

...there is a teak tree south of Castlewars, far to the west. This means you do not have to get teak logs from Tai Bow Wan village, nor from your kingdom. You can cut them there! Very usefull for making an extra buck, or saving some on construction
...aside from the Tai Bwo Wannai Village enclosure, Teak trees can be cut southwest of Castle Wars and near the ruins of Uzer. Mahogany trees can be found outside Marim (Ape Atoll - Monkey Madness quest) and in the Kharazi Jungle (Legends quest). Both can be found at the far end of Mos Le'Harmless dungeon (Cabin Fever quest).

Doubled x 2??

...that the prater book from The Great Brain Robbery quest cures poison at the expense of 1 prayer point.
...prayer book from The Great Brain Robbery quest cures poison at the expense of 1 prayer point. Must wear a Holy symbol to use it.
...that the prayer book from The Great Brain Robbery quest cures poison at the expense of 1 prayer point. You must wear a Holy symbol to use it.

Tripled??

...that the ancient staff autocasts ancient and modern magic?

...that the ancient staff autocasts modern magic too.

Doubled x 3??

...that poison can be removed from weapons using a cleaning cloth (piece of silk soaked in Karamjan run).

There are two of these...

untrimmedslayercape2.png

U N T R I M M E D S L A Y E R C A P E - 22 August 2009 (No Soul War used for any exp)

Memberlist of Untrimmed Slayer and seeker: http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=untrimslay

Q U E S T C A P E - 31 May 2008

~ F I R E C A P E ~ - 5 Dec 2008