I bet you never knew... ~\500+ facts collected/~

tintin113

i got a few :)

did you know

...That in RSC hammers used to give +4 str bonus and you could wield them

...When the first person got 99 construction he lagged out and somone could attack anyone he wanted.

... There were no banks when RSC was first created

... In 2004 at christmas Santa Clause appeared in varrock and a few other towns giving out yoyos

and i remember when you could break spinning plates :)

Ah the fally masacre! Brings back good memories lol.

Thanks for all those, but the last one isn't a do you know as such, seeing as it was part of the Christmas event that year. ;)

And honestly odesa, I didn't know that!

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err whut... I think I must have double-clicked submit or something because it just posted the same thing twice. :roll:

O well I'll edit in one of my own:

Did you know:

...that if Barrows breaks you carry on wearing it whether you have a full inventory or not.

...that if you enchant your Broom at the sorcerressed apprentice you can fly to the Sorceress's garden with an awesome new flying emote!

...that since Jagex's little "Rumble North of Baxtorian Falls" teaser, you can now climb up the slipperly steps in the Mithril dungeon into a new room!

tifsiggy.jpg

I have a couple... hopefully they haven't been mentioned yet. Sorry if they have.

1. When mining coal and chopping maples on Miscellania you can still get gems and birds nests, but you automatically give them to the NPC worker to increase your approval rating just like they were coal ore or maple logs.

2. I'm not sure how long it's been like this, but if you log out while standing anywhere within the Castle Wars bank lobby area and then log back in you will be placed in the center of the room similar to if you had just arrived via a Dueling Ring teleport.

I have a couple... hopefully they haven't been mentioned yet. Sorry if they have.

1. When mining coal and chopping maples on Miscellania you can still get gems and birds nests, but you automatically give them to the NPC worker to increase your approval rating just like they were coal ore or maple logs.

2. I'm not sure how long it's been like this, but if you log out while standing anywhere within the Castle Wars bank lobby area and then log back in you will be placed in the center of the room similar to if you had just arrived via a Dueling Ring teleport.

The first one is interesting, but I used to do a lot of Fletching in Castle Wars bank and I would always log in next to the chest...

EDIT: Ooh 50k views! ::'

tifsiggy.jpg

In the air runecrafting alter, free to play players can get a glimpse of the pay to play monster, rabbit (lvl 2). They are located in the east and the north. If the rabbits move in the right position, you can attack them with magic or ranged (very rare).

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

Did you know that: You can see what you planted into an allotment, herb patch, flower patch or tree patch in f2p, it will say "pick limpurt plant"(example) but when you go to it will say you can only do this on a members server.

Did you know that: Eating the soup from this year halloween event will give you 10xCurrent Level, but if you level from one bowl it will give you the experience for that new level (leveling from level 26 - 27 will give you 270 exp)

Did you know that: If you missed last years halloween event and missed getting the emotes, you can get them back this year from looking into aggies couldron.

Did you know that: It is possible to do the Security Stronghold at level 3 with no food, no armor and no weapons. I have several times.

Did you know that: Whip scammers from world 2 actually lost more money then they made.

Did you know that: If you run away from the Grand Exchange and click on someone in the exchange (NPC) you moonwalk to the edge of the Grand Exchange.

Did you know that: If your fast enough, you can actually bank while being attacked by a random event. The security guy was attacking me in Fist of Guthix lobby, and i needed my bow and arrows.

Did you know that: I have been playing runescape for almost 3 years, and i still get lost in the wilderness, like last night i couldnt find clan wars.

Did you know that: If you are selling 6 different items in the grand exchange when your a member, and you lose membership that those items stay in the grand exchange, and when they are sold you can get the money you sold them for.

Did you know that: Killing chickens makes alot of money, raw chickens are around 70 gold each, and so are bones.

Did you know that: That after real world trading had been removed, that now almost 50% of the yew trees in runescape are no longer being used.

Shadow_x_8.png

Did you know

In the Heros guild dungeon where all the pesky magers mage the blue dragon, Rangers can easily overcome the magers by simply, before the dragon dies, right clicking it so you have the choice to attack it. When it dies the box will still be there (as long as you dont move the cursor out of the box), and when it respawns click "attack" and you will attack it. This goes for any monster. \'

d6e4cdbc5e.png

i got a few :)

did you know

...That in RSC hammers used to give +4 str bonus and you could wield them

...When the first person got 99 construction he lagged out and somone could attack anyone he wanted.

... There were no banks when RSC was first created

... In 2004 at christmas Santa Clause appeared in varrock and a few other towns giving out yoyos

and i remember when you could break spinning plates :)

fally massacre, cursed you got 99 then kicked everyone out of his house, he didnt lag out, but everyone else did and most of them were fighting each other and while getting kicked out some of them kept that ability to fight as if they were in the house still.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

[hide=Spamy quotes here]

I don't fancy reading through 807 more posts to see if anyone has pointed this out, but in your rush to update your list you have managed to break Runescape rules by saying that "Passwords are blocked in game". You should really remove that before you actually get into trouble :shock:

I only knew about half of those :o although I never played RSC so ...

Err... passwords are blocked ingame lol. I'm not asking you to try it, but if you check in the KB you'll find they are. Also I just tried it in a deserted area and got this:

You appear to be telling someone your password - please don't! If you are not, please change your password to something more obscure!

A fun fact - which I posted in this tread - is that the correct answer in the stronghold of security is that your password WON'T get blocked - eventhough it in fact does.

[/hide]

Your password is blocked, but your bank pin is not, so do not say it in RS

c88fa6c4d1b78db60e603ff611dd6e68.png

deviantArt | A book without a cover | My poems | My Sigs

I'm an artist of words.

If you change your respawn point in P2P and become F2P, when you die near hallowe'en death says:

Lets me escourt you to Falador/Camelot instead of Lumbridge.

If you go back and attack the person that killed or attacked you after you leave quickly you don't get skulled?

weiyao5.png

Did you know

In the Heros guild dungeon where all the pesky magers mage the blue dragon, Rangers can easily overcome the magers by simply, before the dragon dies, right clicking it so you have the choice to attack it. When it dies the box will still be there (as long as you dont move the cursor out of the box), and when it respawns click "attack" and you will attack it. This goes for any monster. \'

easier way...out level that monster in combat...you get attack option before examine then :roll:

OT: it is possible to mage or range blue dragons in taverly dungeon without any anti-fire pots/shields

IF you position yourself behind the stalagmites, they stand there and can't fire breath/melee at all even though you can attack

also...your ahrim's robes degrade when you mage, even if you don't take damage

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

If you run someplace far (around a fence for example) then repeatedly click your broom to sweep, you'll 'teleport' a few squares away after every emote.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I think the facts with question marks are unverified. I can confirm the following:

...that Edgeville was called Ghost Town before Wilderness was released?
Back in RuneScape Classic, we called Edgeville the "Forgotten City." I've never heard of it referred to as "Ghost Town" before. Although I haven't heard of "Ghost Town," that doesn't mean that supplement didn't exist; I just have never heard it.
...eating a cabbage from draynor will raise your defence by two points??
Yes.
...that through a bug a few players in RSC managed to dupe phats?
Yes. I won't say the names involved since it's against the rules.
...that you can't report yourself?
Correct. Try it yourself.
...that all the website things are blocked exept for tip.it?
Jagex has always been biased for Tip.It' date=' hence the freedom to say "Tip.It." But don't go around spamming "Tip.It" because you can earn a blackmark for website advertising.
...that when firemaking, you always burn west?
Yes.
...that the max combat in classic was 123?
Only if you were a member. I think free players' maximum combat level was 99. I remember level 99's by Elvarg since they had nothing else to do except kill the giant skeletons & root on newbies who try to take on the dragon. Consider the maximum F2P level point unverified' date=' but the level 123 maximum combat is true.
...that when training in RSC you would have a little icon over your head, such as a pickaxe or metal bar rather than an animation?
Correct.
...that in RSC there were no such thing as bank notes? Only certs that you got one of for trading 10 of an select few items (i.e. Lobsters' date=' Coal) to NPC's Miles, Niles and Giles?[/quote']They were called certificates. "Certs" was just the abbreviated version. I thought they were exchanged for five each, not ten? It's been years, I don't remember :|
...the max amount of any item you can have is a little above 2.1 bil. That refers to currency' date=' stackables, and notes. This is in relevance to the official Jagex item code.[/quote']The maximum, accoring to Java, is 2,147,483,647. The int data type is used to declare players' gold pieces. I don't know why Jagex doesn't use a long instead. I'm sure they have their reasons.

The RuneScape-Classic facts should be posted here instead of on this thread, in my opinion.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Did you know...

You can cure yourself of poison by teleporting to your house and then stepping through a Teleport Portal?

(Posted it before the Mod Hack. Not sure if it is still here, but its not on the list)

I think the facts with question marks are unverified. I can confirm the following:
...that Edgeville was called Ghost Town before Wilderness was released?
Back in RuneScape Classic' date=' we called Edgeville the "Forgotten City." I've never heard of it referred to as "Ghost Town" before. Although I haven't heard of "Ghost Town," that doesn't mean that supplement didn't exist; I just have never heard it.
...eating a cabbage from draynor will raise your defence by two points??
Yes.
...that through a bug a few players in RSC managed to dupe phats?
Yes. I won't say the names involved since it's against the rules.
...that you can't report yourself?
Correct. Try it yourself.
...that all the website things are blocked exept for tip.it?
Jagex has always been biased for Tip.It' date=' hence the freedom to say "Tip.It." But don't go around spamming "Tip.It" because you can earn a blackmark for website advertising.
...that when firemaking, you always burn west?
Yes.
...that the max combat in classic was 123?
Only if you were a member. I think free players' maximum combat level was 99. I remember level 99's by Elvarg since they had nothing else to do except kill the giant skeletons & root on newbies who try to take on the dragon. Consider the maximum F2P level point unverified' date=' but the level 123 maximum combat is true.
...that when training in RSC you would have a little icon over your head, such as a pickaxe or metal bar rather than an animation?
Correct.
...that in RSC there were no such thing as bank notes? Only certs that you got one of for trading 10 of an select few items (i.e. Lobsters' date=' Coal) to NPC's Miles, Niles and Giles?[/quote']They were called certificates. "Certs" was just the abbreviated version. I thought they were exchanged for five each, not ten? It's been years, I don't remember :|
...the max amount of any item you can have is a little above 2.1 bil. That refers to currency' date=' stackables, and notes. This is in relevance to the official Jagex item code.[/quote']The maximum, accoring to Java, is 2,147,483,647. The int data type is used to declare players' gold pieces. I don't know why Jagex doesn't use a long instead. I'm sure they have their reasons.

The RuneScape-Classic facts should be posted here instead of on this thread, in my opinion.

So when you say "yes" or "correct" do you just mean that they are right...? Because this thread is based on a little bit of trust as well as discussion so everything on the examples section at the front are things that people have posted and I have trusted as correct due to there being noone contradicting them.

Although I am grateful for your confirmations, are you asking me to remove the question-marks from those having assumed that they are in doubt...?

And this is a "Did you know" thread based on everything to do with Runescape, including how/when it was made and RSC, so any RSC facts can be posted on both threads.

Thank you for taking the time to confirm those facts for me though, it's nice to see someone backing up their facts with evidence.

Keep the facts coming guys, I knew very little of what you have posted so it's always interesting to read them! :thumbsup:

I never knew Sumona was so sneaky lol. ;)

tifsiggy.jpg

Back in RuneScape Classic, we called Edgeville the "Forgotten City." I've never heard of it referred to as "Ghost Town" before. Although I haven't heard of "Ghost Town," that doesn't mean that supplement didn't exist; I just have never heard it.

It was called "Ghost Town" on the earliest maps. With the creation of the Widlerness it was renamed "Edgeville" and a general store and bank were added - prior to that it was just some place you'd go to access the Ghost Town dungeon.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

cant believe i read the whole thing :wall:

And theres a correction.

on one of them it says

"you cant get clothing randoms while hunting (drill demon, zombie, freaky forester.)

I was recently hunting and got a drill demon random :evil: :? :o :ohnoes: