I bet you never knew... ~\500+ facts collected/~

tintin113

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...that though Jagex states in "Membership Benefits" page that subscription costs 4.60/month, from some countries it actually costs 7/month?

it says: FROM ONLY 4.60..

Whoops. :oops: :lol:

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

• 2 weeks later...

Some of these have probably already been corrected, but I'll say it anyway.

...that it is possible to get a dragon full helm when burning pyre ships in the firemaking component of barbarian training You people might want to get your FM levels up!

Yes, this is true... But you might want to mention that this is actually the only way to get a D Full Helm

...that although normal teleports only work up to lvl 20 wilderness, jewelley teleport works up to lvl 30.

Actually, this only works with the glory, and perhaps a couple others. I know for a fact that games necklaces do not work after level 20

...that you can't run on any ship in RuneScape, you are always walking until you get off

Fishing trawler ::' ? Might want ot change that....

...with the new trade warning system...in the 2nd screen it always says trade modified

a) This is hardly new any more :lol:

B) I'm pretty sure that this has been fixed\

...it takes about 5 min for highs to update when you raise a level

HIghscores update as soon as you log out. This could be anywhere from 3 seconds to (well, lets not go there :wall: )

Otherwise, great job :thumbup: ! It just needs a bit of updating ;)

Y2k949sSiggy.jpg

I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

I should probably change my signature...

Meh, tommorrow....

Some of these have probably already been corrected, but I'll say it anyway.

...that it is possible to get a dragon full helm when burning pyre ships in the firemaking component of barbarian training You people might want to get your FM levels up!

Yes, this is true... But you might want to mention that this is actually the only way to get a D Full Helm

No, it isn't, people have got it from drops before too.

...that although normal teleports only work up to lvl 20 wilderness, jewelley teleport works up to lvl 30.

Actually, this only works with the glory, and perhaps a couple others. I know for a fact that games necklaces do not work after level 20

...that you can't run on any ship in RuneScape, you are always walking until you get off

Fishing trawler ::' ? Might want ot change that....

...with the new trade warning system...in the 2nd screen it always says trade modified

a) This is hardly new any more :lol:

B) I'm pretty sure that this has been fixed\

HIghscores update as soon as you log out. This could be anywhere from 3 seconds to (well, lets not go there :wall: )

Otherwise, great job :thumbup: ! It just needs a bit of updating ;)

Thanks lol, I'll get on it. :D

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

i dunno if this one has been said.

did you know.......... after completing the Prince Ali Resuce quest, you can pass through the gate between lumby and al kharid more quickly if you select the " pay 10 gp" option. doing so will skip the dialog between you and the gaurds. the gaurds will not accept your money and let you through for free.

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg

Sorry about that :oops:

I just checked the bestiary and realized that you can get it from a drop #-o

Y2k949sSiggy.jpg

I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

I should probably change my signature...

Meh, tommorrow....

I know an AWESOME one.

Did you know that using an easter ring and a book of folklore together could make you move at extreme speeds while in the form of an egg? How you may ask? Simple click to walk in a faraway distance, then click on the book of folklore at least 20 times continuously, if anyone is following you at this time, they will moonwalk towards the destination you clicked on but you will stay in the same spot. After that, click on the easter egg and ZOOOOOOOOOOOOM away.

It was quite an effective anti noob mechanism, because noobs would normally walk back to where you stood, only to see you disappear in a flash :ohnoes:

Another one involved a stronghold of securtiy book. Simply click on a door or closed coffin from a medium distance and then on the stronghold book. Close the book and you will still be reading it. Then you can click on the door or coffin and they will close and open.......without you touching it! \' It was funny watching noobs get puzzled as to why the Lumbridge cowfield gate kept shutting and opening by itself. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately they stopped working a while ago after some updates occured........evil Jagex. :roll:

I remember that first one. Some noob paid me 130k to tell him how to do it \'

hehe ive got two good ones ive come across: one is that if ur not 68 fishing and u log out..when you log back in..ur outside of guild. and second, when ur doin a skillcape emote and somebody throws a snowball at you, you continue to do the emote but the thing ur holding in it disapears..its awesome \'

You sure about the Fishing Guild one? I went in and went from 63 to 68 in there. Of course, that was two or three years ago...

Air_Dragon15.png

That dispit all of runescae had an update.the gnomes still look the same?

That the new High-Alch animation in high detail looks like the wizard in LOTR did to stop a demon?

That a lot of references to Michael jacksons "thriller" are in the game?

That the blue cape that is now sold in the champs guild was first a cape that was to show off you completed the Dragon Slayer Quest?

That Ignatus vulcan is the ONLY skillcape seller who has a TRIMMED skillcape?

That trollhiem is the highest mountain in all of runescape?

That the god Zamorak was a Mahjarrat before he betrayed Zaros and pierced the Staff of armadyl trough him?

That although the minimap is black,you can walk all around the balcony of Al-Kharid palace?

Thats all i got for now!

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

That dispit all of runescae had an update.the gnomes still look the same?

That the new High-Alch animation in high detail looks like the wizard in LOTR did to stop a demon?

That a lot of references to Michael jacksons "thriller" are in the game?

That the blue cape that is now sold in the champs guild was first a cape that was to show off you completed the Dragon Slayer Quest?

That Ignatus vulcan is the ONLY skillcape seller who has a TRIMMED skillcape?

That trollhiem is the highest mountain in all of runescape?

That the god Zamorak was a Mahjarrat before he betrayed Zaros and pierced the Staff of armadyl trough him?

That although the minimap is black,you can walk all around the balcony of Al-Kharid palace?

Thats all i got for now!

I bet you never knew that was an opinion.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Err... the first page post has gone really wierd at the bottom and the hide isn't working because of it. I have the topic saved in notebook at home but I'm at my mate's house atm. I've already fixed it once though and it's just gone back to how it is now, anyone know how I could fix it without having to just copy and paste the full thread back in each time?

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I'm not sure how to explain this the best, but...

Before the HD update, the minimap was horseshoe shaped, and you could click a little outside the minimap and it would still take you there as long as it doesnt need to load a new area 8-) ! But after the HD update, the minimap is circular and it doesnt work anymore :(

Staurolite.png

• 4 weeks later...
...jagex said they were going to make a new agility/ combat thing in the wilderness called "wilderness tag" but never got around to doing it (yet)?

...you can steal gems from a gem seller even if he has no gems.

this was an idea for a minigame jagex were working on, but they cancelled the project because the mini game was stupid and no fun.

Gem sellers never have any gems in stock unless somebody sells them gems, thieving has nothing to do with the stock in a stall/store.

....that the firemaking cape seller,the only seller of skillcapes is ,who has a trim on the cape he wears?

....that "nubs" is filtered?

....that you can stand on water in certain places

....that you can see the old liar of the KQ from the ice dungeon?

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

And for that matter, it had more defense than other capes. At that time, you had the red cape (no defense), the black cape (from Highwaymen, 1 defense), and the blue cape (2 defense).

Did you know, That the Miles,Niles,and Giles Random Event would sometime teleport you to the wilderness?

It got removed...

O_o Wow, that's evil. :D It probably got removed so innocent people who don't have time to answer to/don't notice the random don't get teled into wildy and get wtf-pwnt by revenants.. >.<

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

...that Slayer darts maximum damage is equivalent to your magic level, divided by ten, rounded down, plus ten? It IS possible to inflict 20 damage with one spell when you're using a magic potion to reach triple digit magic levels.

...in RSC, having an Adamant Plate labeled you as one of the richest people around.

...in RSC to get coloured words you typed the first three letters of the colour not the whole word: cyan = cya, green = gre etc.

...that in RSC there were no such thing as bank notes? Only certs that you got one of for trading 10 of an select few items (i.e. Lobsters, Coal) to NPC's Miles, Niles and Giles?

...that in RuneScape classic, people could low they attack level to 1 and still hit dummys in varrock to raise str without raising hp, making a str pure with low hp?

1. This can also be done with the mage cape after 99 mage, 'operate' the cape to achieve a +1 bonus to hit a 20.

2. You make it seem like no good items came out in rsc, In the very early days before people got high smithing, or dragon slayer quest came out, maybe. But drag long + baxe were out as well as quests up to legends.

3. You have forgotten to add that to use chat effects one must type @---@, the dashes being the first three letters or the color you wanted, or @ran@ for flashing letters.

4. Certs were given for every 5 of the item, not 10.

5. This was done with wine to lower the player's attack level, just adding some left out info ::'

6. Hiscores update when a player logs out.

just a few fixes from an oldschooler 8-)

j_birdd.png

....that "nubs" is filtered?

the word nubs itself isn't filtered. it's just the s

because they filter the word bull sh*t

and bs is short for that, and they still censor it even though its part of a different word.