What drives you to succeed?

Nero

So yes, the question is: What drives you to succeed in-game? Whether to you succeeding would be getting the prized Dragon Long or getting a 99 skill, what is the major factor that pushes you on to achieve your goal?

Is it recognition, personal achievement, being the first to do something, or something else?

Note: What I listed aren't the only options.

I realize the first post is pretty short, but it's a very basic question. I'm just curious to see what each person believes gives them the power to complete their personal goals.

Recognition and personal satisfaction.

Flip that around and add on the ability to do something else afterwards, be it a new goal of whatever kind.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Personal achievement, which is huge for me since I get bored easily. I have to stop and do something else after killing only 20 mossies.

Yeah Im a freak... :D

Pasty.png

I am going for 99 Construction. When I accomplish that, it will give me a great feeling. I will do something that not many other 'scapers have done. That's what is driving me to succeed. Plus, when I get the cape, I will have a lot of recognition! :D

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

It used to be having fun, and staying in the top 5000 of the game.. trying to narrow it down as much as I could. My ultimate goal used to be to get into the top 1000 for total level. Never happened. Closest I got was about 4800 or something like that.

Competeing with friends always used to be fun.. for levels.. money.. other achievements, such as castlewars armour..

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

The thing that drives me the most is the compliments and push from my friends to obtain what I have wanted. Them wanting me to keep going have kept me going for so long. I played this game, not for myself, but a chance to change the normality in this game and help others out before myself. You guys were my drive. <3:

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

No idea, i just do it to have fun. It's really weird to see people who think they're obligated to train that certain skill they dislike.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.