17 July 2007 - Pest Control update and Game Improvements

no_way2go

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Note, for those who are complaining PC is nerfed, have you tried going on the LOWER LEVEL BOATS? Considering the articles say things such as the "40+ level boat" which would entitle anyone ABOVE 40. Meaning 2 points per quick game = more xp?

Even if it isn't possible, PC was ruining the game. Stop complaining, go train on real monsters if it's such a horrible thing.

+1 to Jagex!

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Note, for those who are complaining PC is nerfed, have you tried going on the LOWER LEVEL BOATS? Considering the articles say things such as the "40+ level boat" which would entitle anyone ABOVE 40. Meaning 2 points per quick game = more xp?

Even if it isn't possible, PC was ruining the game. Stop complaining, go train on real monsters if it's such a horrible thing.

+1 to Jagex!

Isn't there still a time limit to the game though? Meaning the same ammount of time has passed with only half of the tickets?

However, just a thought, how would pest control exp fare for the lower levels? For 100+ theres quicker training methods but for those only able to get one the first boat this may still be a quick way to train assuming that the monsters are a lower combat too.

+1 to Jagex!

Actually I think the game is now made differently, the lower level boat is allot slower considering the portals now have some shield.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

lol @ w99, most the rioters now have redemption on in support of the "new" pc, retribution is for old pc... lol(pic soon)

Lol at HU people are saying that the new PC is about as fast... Pointless rant. I'm going to get full void+ melee helm to make my pc rounds even faster I think.

Got some pics of the new random:

You get teleported by the WoM and have to do some tests.

random1ob2.png

random2av8.png

random3zx1.png

random4xp4.png

random5uo8.png

When you're done with them you have to go through the door she tells you to go through (there are symbols on them) and you get a knowledge book. The book works the same way as a genie lamp. I chose herblore and got 960 xp, at 64 herblore.

It's an annoying random but for 1k herblore xp I'm willing to answer some question :) . You get your level *15 xp in the skill you chose.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

How the hell am I suppose to get 99 Str now? Bandits? I always get lame slayer task.

Is it worth being in Affliction now? Prob Not. What the hell they reduce exp per tickets now too? FFS! If anything I now have to get 100 combat ASAP to get good worlds. WTF!!!!! I want to jump off a cliff.

Jagex sucks nuff said.

Maybe tought of the training the way it was originally ment: on monsters!

You aren't supposed to get 126 cmb in 3 months trough pc, it should take years.

Who the heck whats to play an on-line game for years just to hit the highest combat possible? Not me that's for sure. Sorry I got school and other crap to deal with and can't sit on my bottom all day playing an on-line game.

Just quit the game.

Noone needs another angry pc noob here.

attack_npc.png

How the hell am I suppose to get 99 Str now? Bandits? I always get lame slayer task.

Is it worth being in Affliction now? Prob Not. What the hell they reduce exp per tickets now too? FFS! If anything I now have to get 100 combat ASAP to get good worlds. WTF!!!!! I want to jump off a cliff.

Jagex sucks nuff said.

Who the heck whats to play an on-line game for years just to hit the highest combat possible? Not me that's for sure. Sorry I got school and other crap to deal with and can't sit on my bottom all day playing an on-line game.

Just quit the game.

Noone needs another angry pc noob here.

Who the hell calls people noobs in real life? I got a right to express my opinions.

lol @ w99, most the rioters now have redemption on in support of the "new" pc, retribution is for old pc... lol(pic soon)

Lol at HU people are saying that the new PC is about as fast... Pointless rant. I'm going to get full void+ melee helm to make my pc rounds even faster I think.

Got some pics of the new random:

You get teleported by the WoM and have to do some tests.

When you're done with them you have to go through the door she tells you to go through (there are symbols on them) and you get a knowledge book. The book works the same way as a genie lamp. I chose herblore and got 960 xp, at 64 herblore.

It's an annoying random but for 1k herblore xp I'm willing to answer some question :) . You get your level *15 xp in the skill you chose.

please edit those pics out since you have your own thread, next some1 will be quoting this and quoting that... causing a bunch of pics of the same thing and dragging this page down.

4tkmm47.png

nice commitment, i hope you get married soon

+1 to Jagex!

Actually I think the game is now made differently, the lower level boat is allot slower considering the portals now have some shield.

Meh, nonetheless Chaos my friend, I'm glad they nerfed PC, it was way too easy to gain experience. I only used it now and then anyway when I was too lazy to train things (mostly for range) I don't care for PC much anyhow.

As for the riot, I hope they all quit, jagex will not change PC I hope. I hope they stand strong by the way they made it. As I said before...

+1 to Jagex!

-Wolfy

P.S. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Good updates, pest control has kinda been nerfed but wrapped on in gift paper. The increase in points > decrease in % rewards. New level boats > at least 2 minute long games.

:-k can't decide whether it's good or not.

Everybodys forgetting it's going to take time to destroy the portals after they've been destroyed.

Thus we can say it's going to be around 2 minutes (15 seconds to destroy the last portal) :

If it took you about 30 seconds per round before that's 4 rounds of the old PC to one round of the new PC so that means you're getting 7/20 of the experience you would have bother in melee skills and 5/20 (1/4) of the exp you would have before in ranged or magic.

If it took you one minute then you'd be getting 14/20 of the exp you would have before in melee skills and half the exp you would have in magic and ranged.

However, this way you're going to be changing worlds far less and waiting for the boat to fill far less as well as there being far less newbies slowing you down, the difference isn't as huge as it seems.

only one thing i can say about pc-ers.... OWNED.

i have always said it ruined combat, and now jagex agrees and makes it alot harder, LOL.

The new void knight armor seems rubbish, and the set effects are awful, since the armor has no magic/ranged attack bonus, atleast it made getting the mace alot easier.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

i love RSOF topics

Pures = Extinction Soon

The new void knight armor seems rubbish, and the set effects are awful, since the armor has no magic/ranged attack bonus, atleast it made getting the mace alot easier.

but do they work outside of pc? because if they did, thatd be... well different. also, they do compensate for the class specific with the bonus but, god knows how good/bad that is.

Jagex sucks nuff said.

Who the heck whats to play an on-line game for years just to hit the highest combat possible? Not me that's for sure.

Well, Rs is about that. It's about achieving something hard and the feeling which brings that. What's the point of getting 126 combat? Indeed! Nothing besides the achievement itself and the respect you get with that, luckily with this update combat might be respected again.

And yes, that can cost a lot of grinding, if you don't like it, the exit is to your right.

How the heck is 126 a hugh achievement? There is tons of them what's the difference of I got or someone else did? None, a simple grats and that's it.

Yes it is an achievement and you know it! Apparently you cannot get your much wanted 99 strength the easy way by pc, so you admit that is is an achievement to get it the real and harder way by fighting monsters.

As you said yourself, you don't want to put in the effort to get 99 strength the non pc way. You only want to hit very high. If you want it, you need to work for it. Stop whining and get over it!

phata_elise.png

Jagex! Stop making us lazy with all that make x feature!!!

Now let me recall who wants the smith X option... was it you?

Anyways...

OMG lvl 100+ for boat 3?

no way im getting lvl 100...

no way im pC its stupid..

But the mage set is!!!!!

20 damage with fire bolts FTW!!!

EDIT: 16 Damage.. you cant wear choas gloves

wow

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/