13-Aug-07 New Player Kit and Themed Worlds

SaidinWoT

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent seen the trade chat work yet, but it should be good. also they changed world 17 from pk free to pk f2p (the noob population was confused and probably thought it meant no pking on that world), but isn't the f2p pk world 4? it was before this update...

range- 69/70 ~ currently poor but with good stuff

strength- 64/70 ~go461-combat 71~

Great effort jagex, but in my opinion, these clothes choices are horrible!

Everyone seems to enjoy them, but in my eyes they aren't as...good looking as I would have that.

*Sticks to default*

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I love themed worlds! You go to trawler and there's like hundreds of people. We just brought in over 3.5k fish together. (I got 20 mantas, 2 turtles, broken glass and a boot!)

Some noobs haven't realized yet they don't get mantas if they don't work!

:D

LOL @ Jagex! Girls can get Princess Leia's (Star Wars) earmuff hair! :XD:

Best update in months! :thumbsup:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Jagex showing a rare sign of democracy?

The "themed" world thing, is the BIGGEST YET, to my knowledge, time, when Jagex official policy was following public trends and opinions, as opposed to totally ignoring them.

The first one was when Jagex semi-officially recognized the influence of rares with the introduction of WOM and his blue phat (before that, Jagex kept a policy of ambiguity, refusing to remove rares but also refusing to recognize their market influence).

But this one is even bigger. Even though "themed worlds" have nothing to do with the RS internal storyline or system (in fact it seems a bit counterintuitive), it is very nice that Jagex actually paid attention to how PLAYERS like to play, and adjusted accordingly.

There is an old tale of some british university -- they were tired of people always walking on the grass and off the road in the university courtyard, so one day they simply removed ALL walkable roads (leaving only the grass), and observed where the PEOPLE Like to talk, then built the roads THERE, and as a result, nobody walked on the grass again, because the roads now were where the people wanted them to be.

Same thing here -- Jagex first sees what's popular, then makes it official. Very, very nice.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

Here we go:

hytdr8.jpg

I like this update.

It just goes to show that, though there's an age requirement, there's no IQ requirement to play RS.

kule2000rf7.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

lol at Long Curtains and Black Mask

curtainsmask.png

And am I the only one who thinks that the gold armguards don't really look like gold, but rather like they are made of clay? If they were actualy yellow instead of brown then they would likely look pretty good.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts