13-Aug-07 New Player Kit and Themed Worlds

SaidinWoT

The player kit update brings you a whole new selection of outfits and customisations for your character that you can choose from. If you have ever felt the need for a new set of clothes or a funky new hairstyle then you will be pleased to know that you can now visit Thessalia in Varrock and the Hairdresser in Falador to add that special touch to your appearance. Members can also visit Reinald in Keldagrim for a new selection of armguards!

At Thessalia's clothes shop, you will find a new range of styles for both men's and women's clothes, ranging from the highly tailored princely outfits down to the ragged clothing of the local peasantry. Visiting the Hairdresser in Falador, you will be able to sculpt your hair into fascinating new styles including braids, ponytails and more. If you are of the male persuasion, give yourself a fancy new beard or moustache style such as the 'Vizier' or even the 'Dali'! Reinald offers a range of designs for your wrists, in both silver and gold, so you can accessorise to go with your favourite clothes.

Most importantly, it can be a hard task to find the right clothing fashion and hairstyles to suit you, so for the first week Thessalia, Reinald and the Hairdresser will allow you to change your kit for free!

In other news...

We've updated the "Trade" tab at the bottom of the screen. While you're trading with someone, that tab will now display chat messages from your trade partner. This ought to make trading a little easier in crowded places!

Multi-target Ancient Magicks will now work against multiple players when fighting in a player-owned house combat ring.

Our Graphics team has been working hard on fixing a whole range of graphical glitches. They've fixed a huge number of trees that had recently started hovering above the ground, although we're aware that there are plenty more trees awaiting their attention. They've also fixed some buggy models, such as the slightly transparent Guthan chainskirt and the gnome goggles' strap that was changing its colour depending on the owner's hair colour!

Finally, although it was not meant to be possible to kill oneself by eating the Recipe for Disaster rockcake, determined players had still achieved it by spam-clicking. Since we don't really need any more accidental deaths-by-rockcake, we've updated that rockcake to ignore spam-clicking.

We've just added a new column to the World Select screen to help you find a world for your favourite activities. We know that it's often more fun to do things as part of a group, so we've added this list to help like-minded people find each other.

To make the list we quite simply looked at the worlds that you already use! If you regularly go air running or play Trouble Brewing, you'll already know which worlds you go to, but now anyone else who wants to do the same will be able to join in the fun. Of course, we'll be checking frequently to see if any worlds get full regularly and updating the list when necessary.

Having said all this, you don't have to do the named activity on these worlds - no one should have to do anything just because of the world they're on. The list is simply a guideline for people looking for a specific activity. You can also still do any of these on any world, but if you want the largest games or more company you might want to check out one of the suggested worlds.

We haven't assigned an activity for Worlds 1 and 2 because they already get enough traffic from being at the top of the list. Anyone looking for a busy world won't have any difficulty spotting them.

Personal notes of interest:

We've updated the "Trade" tab at the bottom of the screen. While you're trading with someone, that tab will now display chat messages from your trade partner.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've updated the "Trade" tab at the bottom of the screen. While you're trading with someone, that tab will now display chat messages from your trade partner. This ought to make trading a little easier in crowded places!

owned

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

its taking a long time for me to load up the world list... anyone else having trouble?

it its always slow after an update.. many people are viewing it at the same time.

Good up date man

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I'm thinking that the themed worlds is going to get a lot of flaming, but personally i think it is great!

And i could load the world page fine, i only saw PK free and air running, but looks good anyway.

Its the "loading config" that took ages for me.

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

its taking a long time for me to load up the world list... anyone else having trouble?

Same here...wonder what's up.

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

Woot! Shame there is a que for downloading client for a single world lol. *waits for loading*

Two men were walking through the forest. When they got out, they saw a war. One said cool, and ran forward, the other turned back. Later, both envied the other's decision. Who was right?

~It's not done till you're done with it~

I like how the worlds that are themed have been themed to what they already were used for, for the ones that were used.

Jagex didn't just say "Oh, law running will be.... 48! They used the law runnning worlds, air running world, old pc world (78), among other things.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Lol they got the law world wrong, but hey. =P

Ooh, and rp world! =D *runs*

Two men were walking through the forest. When they got out, they saw a war. One said cool, and ran forward, the other turned back. Later, both envied the other's decision. Who was right?

~It's not done till you're done with it~