Is Tip.it harder to quit than Runescape itself?

mrmyk

When I completely stopped playing (and I'm basically never playing atm) I still check in whenever I can here. It's fun and I like sharing opinions, seeing my friends' blogs, etc, even if I already quit.

One thing is quitting the game, another is actually just "cutting relations" with everyone you got to know inside the game :P

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this, if i was to quit runescpe, it would be hard to leave the Tip.It forums...i probality could not leave the forums, i got a lot of great friends here, it woule be hard to leave them.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I agreed with this for a while until it happened to me >.<.

Last break I took from Runescape lasted several months and I stayed on Tip.It for a month or so but eventually stopped coming. I felt like I didn't know anything with all the new updates and had the urge to play again, so I gradually stopped coming.

I did come back once in a while to look around at what changed but felt nostalgic and usually left.

icecube7.jpeg

I would have to say Tip.it is much harder to quit than Runescape. I haven't been on Runescape in nearly 3 weeks, adn still log into the Tip.it forums from time to time, and see if anything big has happened on Runescape.

Now, i haven't quit Runescape yet, but i find it much easier to not play Runescape, compared to not looking and posting on the Tip.it forums. I said it once before, I'd probably never play Runescape again, but I really doubt I will be able to leave the Forums. Its something that is still good fun. I even log into Runescape just for the Events, and thats pretty much what i do in Runescape for now.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I think its because when I go to the rs homepage, all i see is the *play runescape (existing user)* tab because the runescape community is so deftly shallow. #-o I most regularly check tipit before even considering going on runescape because the only intriguing thing on runescape is new updates while on tif theres always new forum threads. =P~

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

In my opinion Yes,

I stopped playing but everyday I would look at tip.it maybe not post but look at the updates and what was going on.

I recently joined and Chat Lightning is where I reside.

~Knotch Blade

Reason I haven't left is because of the all around better community, and the RSOF gone to hell

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Since I only acess my computer on weekends, I hardly ever play runescape. I'm mostly always on Tip.It whenever I can. I say that 50% out of 100% of Tip.It's players have quit do to enjoying these forums.

I've thought about Quitting runescape for quite a while. I have not taken it into consideration yet, due to the fact of my like of the events. So, I do think Tip.It is harder to quit than runescape.

~Alina

~Tip.It's #1 Party Girl & Events Team Supporter~

2141567593_54ae68f6f3_o.jpg

Next TET Event: A Holy Pilgrimage!

Next TET AU Event: Zamorak Strikes Back Part 1!

PM me if you need any help with an event.

If I would ever quit, I would definitely come back to tif a lot.

Here are a few reasons

1) Random/fun subjects ftw? (yes I know this has been said before)

2) Great community (said before again).

3) Seeing other people and their goals, maybe even logging back on for a little bit to help them.

4) The Diversity (seriously, how else would I be able to know how to say some things in dutch, and learn time zones for tif events?).

5) A lot more mature people here (I agree that its declining, but not as much as rsof and f2p o.O.)

6) I don't feel like listing anymore =/.

Shaniqua.png

I agree as well. I quit RS a long time ago.. haven't been on in ages. But my quitting Tip.it completely is very hard - some staffers would attest to this fact. ;) I think it is hard to leave the community, no matter how detached you feel you are. I'd say I browse this forum daily but I do not necessarily stay on it for long; I look at certain boards and then log off. I'll check them again later but I don't read it as thoroughly as I used to.

Even when I was playing RuneScape, I found that I spent more time on here than I do in game. This is almost the case with WoW and the official forums there. I enjoy reading them immensely and keep up to date with the upcoming patches/changes, etc. Part of it could be due to time - it's easier to read a few quick threads than it is to log on, get going in the game, and complete something. But even when I do have an excess of time, I still find myself heading towards the forums first.

Weird. :)

sithbridgeay2.jpg

Being harder to quit is a weird way to word it.

I've quit RS due to the fact that I got bored and that I felt I was spending way to much time on a game I hardly found enjoyable anymore.

However, I like the people here and feel no reason whatsoever not to visit these forums every couple of days.

I mean, I'm sure I could make it without visiting these forums...but why would I...I enjoy talking to you guys and it is in no way impairing my normal life style.

My two cents. :XD:

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

I think tip.it is harder to quit over Runescape because on tipit you get to meet lots of random people, (whom you might not remember as you were just replying to their post) and get to interact with them wheras in Runescape the normal interaction you have with other players are trade, not much of a conversation and also when grinding, where those people who are also training there often starts preaching on how you are a noob.