Is Tip.it harder to quit than Runescape itself?

mrmyk

Now to some this may be a silly question where Runescape is easily much harder to stop than going on the Tip.it forums or any other Runescape fansites such as RuneHQ or Runescapecommunity to mention a few. Tip.it is seen just to be something to be put on the side while playing Runescape so that you don't become bored during the usual repetitous gameplay but really is it actually harder to stop logging onto Tip.it then it is to log onto Runescape?

When quitting Runescape wouldn't it be logical to stop going on a fansite of the game as it might possibly entice you to start playing and possibly go back to a previous state of addiction which would probably be bad for yourself and those surrounding you. That all seems fair but when people quit Runescape they usually seem to keep coming back to these forums for the general gossip of what is going on or to keep in touch with friends which were made through the online gaming world. Even people who have quit Runescape for several years keep finding themselves coming back to certain forums to see what has being going on in their absence.

Today I was planning to take a day off Runescape to finish up on some jobs such as buying new school shoes and rugby boots and some finishing several pieces of coursework which are due in at the beginning of the school year (finished btw hehe) but although I haven't touched Runescape at all during the past 8 hours i have been awake so far today I seem to have found myself here at these forums writing some of my thoughts down on this subject or perhaps checking any comments that have been written to one of my friends blogs or perhaps my own. To me even if i quit Runescape I will probably end up staying on Tip.it much, much longer.

But why do we stay on Tip.it after we quit Runescape? Possibly because of the welcoming community which seem to always provide a helping hand or is it the need to know what is going on in the world? Both on Runescape and in real life as you can find out both here or perhaps is it because you feel like debating on issues which interest you such as "Is RC pk'ing really all that bad?" or "Which is the least admirable skill cape?". Tip.it seems to really keep you coming back for more than Runescape ever did and i'm sure without Tip.it i would have quit Runescape years ago due to boredom.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree wth this.usually people uit runescape with bad experiences but ive never had abad experience with tipit from things such as pculating the latest update or seeing what freinds and teh community.its all good which is why i see people staying on tipit way longer than they have stayed with runescape.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Not many bad things happen here as ive ive seen quoted many times before:

The average tip.it IQ is 75 points higher than the average scaper.

And i totaly agree with this

sfhgjfyjruytkubb2.jpg
if you said "runescape" at my school, seeing that 90% of the population there are rednecks, they'd be like "whats that", me: "a computer game online", "eh!? oh one of those thinga-ma-gigers mrs clark got on her desk? a compooter?

Because TIF interests me. Ive quitted RS, and no way Im coming back for the forthcoming months, as school is way to busy and I live on my own with some other friends (GREAT fun btw. :P). I still regularly look on TIF however.

Not because of friends, because I dont have any real friends here. But because RS still interests me in some sort of way, and with that TIF also.

Because RS is so easy and understandable, every new update is interesting to know for it inpact on the whole game, and what it adds for new stuff. This makes is also interesting to read TIF, because all the posts together add a quite good review of the update.

Besides, all the speculations about new updates are quite funny to read.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

You make a good point. I know a few members that don't play Runescape anymore but still come here for the discussions. I myself don't play as much as I used to but I plan to be here on the forums for a long time. :thumbsup:

mcguff1.png

Yeah because a lot of people on these forums make friends with other people from the community and tip it itself is about 100 times less time consuming then runescape, seeing as how you can get on for five minutes check out whats going on in general discussion or rate this or whatever and get off.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

At present time, I have no intentions of quitting Runescape,but if that day were ever to come I am 100% sure that I will continue to use the Tip.It forums. :D

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Tif is a great place where you can actually have a serious (mostly :D ) discussion about stuff related to Rs or not. Now, if you tried that on the RSOF,well, the less said about it the better.

And as so many players have said before, the I.Q. here is a damn site higher than that of the average player.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I personally have quit RS (easier than expected) but I stick around with TIF. Alot of great people here are truly amazing people that you are great friends with. It is like leaving them once and for all, and you dont want to let go *quite* yet.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I'm personally on/off with RS. TBH, I've achieved all the goals I have the patience for and nothing else really interests me now.

Tip.It I've never really left since I started posting here. I could blame that on my duties to the Crew, but I'd be lying if I did, even though I enjoy working on the Bestiary. I actually stopped playing RS religiously about a month before I was offered a place on the Crew. The fact is I love coming back to the community, in particularly the Off-Topic board to discuss things with people my age that are equally as mature. Not many other sites I know of can say they have such a great community! Maybe that's as much a merit to the excellent Moderators and Admins as the people that actually come on here. :wink:

IMHO, and maybe this does the Crew's reputation a diservice, but the community attracts me more to Tip.It than the actual main site's content does. :thumbsup:

Even though my interest in the game has faded, there's something about Tip.it that makes me keep coming back to it. :P

I still like to keep tabs on whats happening in RS & the general discussion taking place. Then there's the off-topic section which is also interesting.

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

I agree, when I quit runescape for 2-3 weeks I still came here everyday. TIF is worked into my day and I love it because it is a living community.

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

it's not just the community, it's the fact that there things like this. You can read up on articles, things people like to discuss, etc, and then read other people's comments about them. Something about that is very appealing to the human nature. It's even harder to quit if you're in a group like the TET, a mod, a CTET member, etc, because that provides another...ugh, hard to explain i think.

Man, if it wasn't for Tip.It, I would have lost my sanity a while ago. But, if it wasn't for Tip.It, my summer assignment would have been done already. Oh well, it's only 16 pages, and I already read it in June, just re-reading it.

But yea, I think its because, The RS community is awful. RSOF is spam heaven. And people got sick of it. But here, its more moderated, so not much spam, and people are generally, hopefully, nicer and or more intelligent.

Tip.It ftw. <3:

~Saru

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

When I quit I was pretty much inactive from these forums ... probably for over a year :oops:

However i'm rarely on runescape but I check tip it every day, so if I quit again or took a long hiatus i'd still be here :)

sig3bh7.png

I would say so.

Whenever i quit rs i still always come on tip.it because people are talking about new updates and stuff and it keeps me informed.

I've quit rs numerous times but i've never quit tip.it.

Only when i've been banned =;

I got banned for a month once and it was pretty hard on me O:)

killa870yt.png

I am currently taking a "break" from RS, but i still come to TIF regularly. It is fun to see others achieve their goals, and watch them move forward.

Although i wish i could be moving forward too <.<

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

I see what you mean. Even when I temporarily quit rs due to lack of time I still regularly use the TIF. I guess it's because it's easily accessible and has places for discussions on both runescape and real life.

But I think part of it is that I like to be well informed on what's going on in runescape. I am also a frequent poster on the RSOF, which unlike some people's gloom assumptions actually isn't that bad of a place IF (the if's very important :P ) you know where to go. There are certain threads there which I go to all the time, because I know they have intelligent people posting on them.

Sometimes I enjoy writing comments on updates than I do playing the game. :P