Is Tip.it harder to quit than Runescape itself?

mrmyk

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the major difference between RuneScape and Tip.it is that RuneScape is for entertainment and Tip.it is for communication. Entertainment only lasts so long before you get tired of it, whereas communication is always growing and changing. It's not something that you get tired of easily :wink: Sure you can talk to friends on RuneScape, but a lot of the time your friends will want to eventually entertain themselves by leveling skills/PKing/whatever - things that you've grown bored of. But Tip.it revolves around talking to and engaging with other people, not always about RuneScape, but sometimes about real life issues too.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

i'd say runescape is harder to quit. sometimes, no new topics would show up and that urge to not post usually takes a great effect on me. i despise the flamers here and the bright side of the RSOF is that people often post comedic jokes which gives me a good laugh. tipit generally discuss conversations, i mean smart conversations, but wheres the laugh? :P i still like the tipit board, to me it ant compete with runescape or the forums itself.

*looks at post count*

:wall:

Ya.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I liked reading this thread. Nice job! :)

The community here at Tip.It is amazing! The people are wonderful and there's always ongoing topics that it NEVER gets boring. While doing homework or watching TV, I will keep Tip.It open. Mainly because it's fun to check up on everything that is happening. It's also not as distracting to me. I can always find the time to put my input in somewhere inbetween the occasional essay. Unlike Runescape, there is more to talk about, thus off topic and other forums. The tip.it forum isn't limited to Runescape although it is based on it. So, no matter where you go in life, what you do. If you have quit runescape or still play, Tip.It is always welcoming and will always give you a place to come and chat. :)

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Well, tip.it is not nearly as much of a commitment. I only stick to one area, and I post rarely. I also like that I have somewhere on the interbutts that I have high status.

Tbh, it's a power trip.

I just like the variety of forums Tipit has. Off Topic is like it's own world despite being part of a Runescape fansite, Gallery at one time had a huge amount of active artists (many left due to Rule 12) which made it fun to see what was new there, and of course there's the RS boards which range from serious discussions with good info to entertaining blogs.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

I think it would be easier to quit Tip.it than RS. To write, read and post here on Tip.It is fun, but it can never beat how fun it is to play RS.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I'm not but ya tif is saved me tons of boredum from 99 smithing and making my 10k flax into bs currently -.-

I probably would stick around :)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

TIF was the first forum where I ever felt "at home" (strange as that may sound), and there's a pretty good community going on in Off-Topic.

For me, TIF hasn't been about Rs for a long time.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Tip.it would be much harder to quit, if I was going to quit RS. I don't see that happening any time soon though. Tip.it has intelligent people with which you can hold a discussion whereas RSOF has "uB3R 1337 h4xX0rZ w1t lv3L 150 m41Nz d4t w1ll pK U 1N d4 W1LdY".

:roll:

Pasty.png

Yes.

I haven't played RS seriously for mor than a year, yet Im still on Tipit...generally i log in to check out a new cool sounding update (the GWD got me logged in, or the update to PC) but generally i stay away, Its an amazing game, but i personally vant control my level of addiction so i try to istance myself so that i can get good grades. I play during vacations, but thats mainly it. Tip it on the other hand, i check frequently, the much higher leverl of discussion and conversation lures me in. Also thats how i end up playing rs...ppl will be discussing something so much that ill have to check it out.

The PROUD owner of a fire cape.

-- I Support Israel, the United States, England, and any other country that has been attacked by terrorists--

---Any country attacked has a right to defend itself---

• 1 month later...

I guess I would be a good example for this post lol

Can't stand Runescape anymore, even looking at screenshots of it makes me want to puke....

Yet I still log in here daily, check the server logs , keep the os up to date, help manage the crew/mods, etc etc

Weird :-k

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

Posting without reading:

Yes, it is.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

While people say that "tipiters" may be a lot more intelligent than people who don't visit the site, most tipiters are extremely oblivious to certain aspects of the game

Get over yourself, you're not all that great. The way you said that made it sound like you know absolutely everything because you know some "secret crafting technique" and can do firecapes.

squidprobanditkiller2gb8.png

92/94 magic

88/90 ranged

82/90 prayer

While people say that "tipiters" may be a lot more intelligent than people who don't visit the site, most tipiters are extremely oblivious to certain aspects of the game

Get over yourself, you're not all that great. The way you said that made it sound like you know absolutely everything because you know some "secret crafting technique" and can do firecapes.

No, no, he's right, the average Tip.iter isn't as sharp as he used to be :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

No, no, he's right, the average Tip.iter isn't as sharp as he used to be :-w .

Nor is the average 'Scaper. It's inevitable that as RuneScape grows more kids will join, and the average maturity level will decline; and the more kids you have on RS, the more you have searching Google for fansites and finding their way to this site. Since tip.it is a RuneScape forum the maturity level of people on the game is directly tied to that of this forum; though obviously since less people use tip.it than the RSOF the maturity level here is much higher.

On topic, I think it is obviously harder to quit tip.it than RuneScape, because this forum provides a means to have serious discussions that couldn't otherwise happen in the game or on the RSOF because of Jagex's taboos and the huge ammount of spam.

I think an important aspect is that in Runescape you in most cases end up talking about the game but in Tip.it you have the ability to discuss subjects more seriously and even those which aren't related to Runescape.

Admin bumping old post? Blasphomy

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

• 1 month later...

Well technically Tip.it isn't just a Runescape site :) It used to host communities for Asheron's Call, Dark Ages of Camelot and some other games. Not necessarily everyone here has even played RS at all.

Those forums died out however, because the games became unpopular and the players just went away to other games. RuneScape however remained popular and kept rising in popularity by the year.

Can't stand Runescape anymore, even looking at screenshots of it makes me want to puke....

Same problem :lol: Haven't gained a single level since about 2003 and have no desire to... The whole game seems repulsive now, but time will show if it 'improves' somehow (millions of people seem to be content with this one though)