Ring of Wealth The TRUTH!!!!

Master_Smither

Hmm, Seems to me that mine must not work...I killed over 400 cockatrice and got no dragon drops on anything worth value and it was only a level 2 clue scroll and i got junk form that...

Either way I can't judge the ROW in a positive way.

Dragon drops are rare, period; if they were common, they'd be worth very little at all. And cockatrices don't seem like much of dragon droppers.

shadow7.png

You can find loads of information, such as mini-guides I have written, my laws, and links to my stories here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=696442

This is a link to the story Council of Oblivion: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=695628

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok the way I understand this is that there are two wheels. The first wheel is full of all drops (including rare). One piece of this wheel leads to a seperate wheel containing all dragon drops. The ring of wealth will not increase the rate of getting a dragon drop. It will (in the event you get a dragon drop) make sure you gets the most valuable dragon drop off that monster according to alch value. Sadly this means that at kq you will get d2h instead of chain.

Well thats my two cents. :thumbsup:

kingmage_92.png

Gwd Drop's: Sara - 4 Hilt, 13 Ss(3 ls), Armadyl - None, Bandos - 6 Hilt, 4 Bcp, 7 Tasset, 4 Boot

Zamorak - None, Tormented Demons - 1 Dragon Claws, 1 Dragon Shard

Hmm, Seems to me that mine must not work...I killed over 400 cockatrice and got no dragon drops on anything worth value and it was only a level 2 clue scroll and i got junk form that...

Either way I can't judge the ROW in a positive way.

Dragon drops are rare, period; if they were common, they'd be worth very little at all. And cockatrices don't seem like much of dragon droppers.

I think we can trust shadow. He is a pmod and had 99 slayer. He has killed a lot of things in his years. :wink:

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

Like I wrote in my probability guide,

The ring of wealth is basically the same as killing a monster twice and getting the better of the two drops. It is EFFECTIVE.

Thread closed.

Wanna-be mod, much?

The fact is that the RoW does increase your chances of getting the rare wheel by 10%, but sometimes 10% isn't worth the cost.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Lol the same Jagex Mods can't agree on wheter salve amulet work on the barrow brothers. :|

Both of my dragon drops have been gotten with a ring of wealth. :twisted:

The brothers are not undead, they are held to this world by a spell cast by that wizzard guy mentioned in the barrows tomb. Which is why the salve ammy doesnt work on them, its basically the same thing as why it doesnt work on ghouls. When you get them for slayer, and you ask the slayer master for help, he says something along the lines of "they arnt undead, they are inbetween"

Thats the explanation i got.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Dude, this player mod just quoted what a jagex mod said months ago in the official forums... we already know

Not everyone reads the official forums, so for us, this is new.

I may have to give RoWs a whirl next time I get members.

Ironically I didn't read that there either, someone months ago posted (here on tif) a screencap of the post in the official forums.

MMM on topic again; I like that theory of the two-drops in one and choose the better one to drop that sseli said, but... what happens if jagex doesn't know what's more worthy or not? (may i remind you the time mystic robes had more wealth than the whip?)

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

While the ring of wealth does work, the other rings also have their advantages.

Take the warrior ring for example, with it on you're more likely to hit. Which means you kill more monsters in the same time you would with ring of wealth . Getting more kills in the same time period would effectivly have the same effect as ring of wealth (How can I word this... You kill more monsters, the amount of more monsters you kill would be equal or more to 10% rate the ring of wealth gives, so you kill 10% more monsters). In my opinion that is better, you get more experience in the time with effectivly the same chance of the drop.

I see that many people in this world hath conflicting and contrary ideas as to how the ring of wealth may help them.

Allow me to set this straight once and for all.

1) If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this.

2) Life hath no schedule to follow, for it is an ever evolving process, and the nature of balance decrees that things occur when they must occur.

However, all events hath their patterns, and by scrutinising that which hath occurred before thou may see the patterns that run through things, and mayhaps predict when new events might be brought about upon this world...

77yLQy8.png

I see that many people in this world hath conflicting and contrary ideas as to how the ring of wealth may help them.

Allow me to set this straight once and for all.

1) If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this.

Good job muggi. The above quote is from God Letters 22 September 2004 and is the origin of this ROW "story". Link to Jagex page: http://www.runescape.com/varrock/letters/letters24.ws

And incidentally, within the week of that Letter, Jagex posted something on the website/news muddying the water by basically recanting this tale due to the flood of questions about it in the forums. They re-stated that it was an "analogy" and not necessarily entirely accurate.

Since it *is* programmable (though generating "random" numbers is always a challenge), they seem to say that it's not how the ROW really works.

And you may notice that only 2.5 months later the God Letters were ended forever. The letters contained a lot of "artistic licence" just to make things interesting, but players would jump on each and every word and speculate on what it might mean for future game developments. So Jagex spent a lot of time in the forums having to deny each manufactured rumour.

I suspect that (the artistic licence creating headaches) was part of the reason the God Letters ended (in addition to the presumed departure of their best and funniest writer(s), since the comedy and playfulness of the earliest letters had disappeared by the end.)

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

I've heard this like a hundred times... And 'drops on the small wheel' is not a definition of rare drops so I still don't know anything new.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I thought information similar to this was stated a while back.. I could be mistaken though. Anyways, it must work.. I am making a good profit from Fire Giants, and noticed a difference when I let my friend borrow my ring for a while. Just as well, he noticed a difference. I'm going to keep wearing mine.. got a left-shield half at the Fire Giants today, so I am convinced. :)

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Im sorry to say but i havent noticed any increase of drops wearing row then any other ring. And all i do on rs is fight monsters with high drop rates. For example i have got 20m mage 15m melee exp and 10m experience from dag kings and i didnt notice any difference whatsover. Imo row is complete waste of time and bankspace

Ok the way I understand this is that there are two wheels. The first wheel is full of all drops (including rare). One piece of this wheel leads to a seperate wheel containing all dragon drops. The ring of wealth will not increase the rate of getting a dragon drop. It will (in the event you get a dragon drop) make sure you gets the most valuable dragon drop off that monster according to alch value. Sadly this means that at kq you will get d2h instead of chain.

Well thats my two cents. :thumbsup:

No offense, but this is complete and utter *Cabbage*

You can get any dragon drop from the monster, not just the most expensive (According to hi-alch). I know lots of people that have killed kalphite queen with ROW and had chains, a few people that have killed metal dragons with it and had dragon meds...

TifSig.jpg