Player Moderators-Good or Bad?

axeraider194

Its as if a lot of the p-mods heads grow to double the original size, once they get a silver crown beside their name, and they talk alot more just to see (and display) their shiny crown.

And what begging has to do with ruining the rs community ?? Well it for one is player harassing.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its as if a lot of the p-mods heads grow to double the original size, once they get a silver crown beside their name, and they talk alot more just to see (and display) their shiny crown.

And what begging has to do with ruining the rs community ?? Well it for one is player harassing.

harassing? please, its just mildly irritating. u know what i do when i see people begging? leave, or dont talk or ignore them(without my list)

seriously, begging ?wtf is the big deal, it happens. and to ask for it to go away is fine but done [bleep] about it, if your going to [bleep], [bleep] about something you have no control over, like autoers, you cant report them all...

harassing? please, its just mildly irritating. u know what i do when i see people begging? leave, or dont talk or ignore them(without my list)

seriously, begging ?wtf is the big deal, it happens. and to ask for it to go away is fine but done [bleep] about it, if your going to [bleep], [bleep] about something you have no control over, like autoers, you cant report them all...

Guess you haven't really displayed an item of worth, and had folk follow you for literally hours on end.

And yes, its harassing. '

And I'm not bleeping over anything that I have no control over, we are discussing p-mods, and player mods begging. Not just EVERY BEGGAR (or have u not read the title?).

I found that indeed, some P-mods try their best to help others and keep rule-breakers away, but some of them either don't give a cabbage or simply abuse their status.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Guess you haven't really displayed an item of worth, and had folk follow you for literally hours on end.

And yes, its harassing. '

And I'm not bleeping over anything that I have no control over, we are discussing p-mods, and player mods begging. Not just EVERY BEGGAR (or have u not read the title?).

i have read the title, im still wondering why an example of that was made? because its not really hurting the community, yeah sure he might ask people for $ or stuff, but i would not contribute that to hurting the community. and yes it might be harassing but it dont matter.

have i been followed for hours because of displaying an item of value? no, because i dont display my items of value vainly. and i usually run away teleport when i am getting followed, i tend to be on the move. i dont know why you would be followed for "hours"

the fact is player mods are chose in some way jagex knows about, and we do not. however, we can assume they they tend to be players who could have played much longer then others, have made impressions on player mods/jmods when they are around. or have reported people for rule breaking and have obeyed rules and reported bugs and such.

like i said i dont know what makes people get to be a pmod, but i know 1 thing that is said to nearly seal you fate to NOT become 1, and thats blackmarks.

anyway, i dont see how player mods could at all hurt the game in anyway... except for a few "rouge" mods have been seen before where they come here and other fansites and release information that is private to them and all the other players mods... infact rite now i have a player moderator list from id say a year ago, and ive seen them since after i got this list, be "paraded" out on these forums a few times.

i've also been reported up to 7 black marks, and muted for 3 days because of multiple corrupt players mods over time

ive seen a few of those, but honestly not often, like under a dozen times.

i dont think that the corrupt pmod thing is as well known as much as it happens, however it is a big deal, but we really dont get to hear about it much.

as well as player mods who don't know what's going on as they come across it. ie. me and my clanmates hanging out at fishing guild goofing off

sounds like you crossed a line, got a strict mod. too bad so sad, its like cops... do they abuse their power? maybe, but that doesnt mean they cant enforce it like crazy if they had a bad day. if a line is crossed, its crossed. yea sure, you might be able to appeal bans/mutes and such or at least i hope you can, when i was muted i could not appeal it. my point is, by getting reported by a pmod your really just having your actions scrutinized by jagex to a better degree then a pmod would be able to fairly judge. and since pmods reports hold status above ours, then it means these reports are seen first and hold weight to imply actual rule breaking instead of a 12 year old reporting some1 for stealing his rock crab.

anyway, this thread seems poorly supported by the author, and its not really his fault it just seems he doesnt like pmods to much so i understand he holds bit of a dislike for them in a small way.

Id say that player moderators are doing a great job, their mere presence

calms people down and makes people behave.

However, those 1/20 mods who abuse their status are spoiling the good work 19/20 of them are doing.

And the thing i dont understand is, why people are afraid to report an abusive mod? They wont get any harm for doing it, and it would weed out those mods who misuse their status. :?

ortamo.png

ortamo.png

The only changes that needs to be made are their crowns being removed and their messages not overiding the hide public chat option.

Apart from that they are fine.

A big +1!

A lot of them (not all, mind you) like to see their shiny crown in the chat. Sure, it's an honour to be one, but no need to boast around about it.

Furthermore, pmods can ease up situations, but I also saw the pics af the Falador riots after the SS-update and PC nerfing. Lots of pmods there, but they were incapable of easing the mob. And lots of them tried!

Also, players behaving badly might stop when they see a pmod, but continue after he/she has left the area. That same status symbol (crown) gives them away! So don't display it any more, and report more of bad-dỏ̮̩̉rs that way!

They can be a great addition for the game, but selection procedures and general behaviour ruins most of this ideal.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

i think p mods are fine, as long as they dont report on loose information, like seeing [cabbage] or dam or sarcasm chat with friends.

though i think the really bad thing is that people believe that reporting alot, no matter on what will get them p mod wich causes quite some troubles at times.

i think p mods can do quite some harm, wich shouldnt be the case.

if they make a mistake a player will suffer hard from the mute punishment wich isnt always being laid upon those fairly or with a good enough reason.

Proud owner of firemaking cape!

I think that P mods are a great thing, but as you say, Jagex has begin picking quantity over quality. And that's really sad.

one reason i qwit

another reason being i was "tapped" because off my assistance to another player who done far more than me and is still over looked

i also think the crown looks very nice but if u havent got a ego you arnt missin bo diddly

whilst iv been helping players a mod recently started non stop harrasing me. how to do this. how to do that .how to make cash. now that behavure is offencive. report him?? why bother. he wont last long.

would i mod again? yes if there was no crown or i cud switch it off when its not required

burrrppp

Can't exactly sum them all of as a whole, as there are many different types of people whom are Mods.

From my experience, they usually do a good job. They normally answer all questions, and take the needed action.

But I'm sure some people have had bad experiences with them.

So from my experience, they do more good than harm.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

People just use it as a rank. Being a player mod allows you to view yourself as higher than other players.

This is not right. Jagex should moderate their game, not get players to do it. Although I agree that it would be a near impossible task for Jagex too, so maybe a compromise could be reached - perhaps take away the silver crowns that are their badge of authority?

Its vary rare to find a P-mod acting like a .......nasty person, more often than not p-mods are fielding question after question and being perfectly polite about it. If you see a p-mod being a tool(breaking rules) report them and voila they lose modship.

There is a grey area of course and thats p-mods not breaking the rules but acting like jerks, i dunno what can be done about this really, because Jagex hasn't made being a jerk a reportable offense.

Jagex hasn't made being a jerk a reportable offense.

Oho, I wait for that day with relish....And the same as most pther people on here atm, My experience is mostly good with pmods, but I have had a few bad experiences with them, all for offensive language -->Mainly dam..... :evil:

http://custom.leetscape.com/sig/63/70/combat.png[/img]

You just won the award for "The Most niave person on the Tip.it Boards!"]
*Points towards the monkey sitting on the button and declining every query*
Help me

No.

It seems on Tip.it we talk about the bad pmods much more compared to the good, honest pmods. They do a good job as afterall, they are against the odds with all the new immature players in the game :wink:

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Honestly, I don't notice them doing anything at all.

I agree. There are a few older p mods who do the rs community some good, but the newer ones just walk around like they own rs because of a silly little crown. Many of the new ones are being pretty useless...

As a p-mod myself, I think that they are mostly good. I've heard stories of those that are bad, but most of those are only after their accounts got stolen. In those cases, they get de-modded pretty fast.

There are also some that are a little too strict with their powers and report for every little thing imaginable. I'm not like that. My friends call me the "not really a p-mod-p-mod" because I can take a joke.

We do a lot of good things in-game, and it saddens me to hear the horror stories of p-mods gone wild.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Player mods - Great idea. I really respect these guys. One of my best RuneScape friends is a Player mod.

We were great friends before he was one, and we're still great friends.

He's a great example of a Player mod as they should be.

And to be frank, I only thought people like him got picked by Jagex.

Recently, though, I met a Player mod, and I was disappointed. Here's the story...

As a merchant, I buy items in large quantities, and sell them for higher prices than normal, since I have such amounts, you know the drill...

I was selling iron ores, and I had like 400k+ of 'em. I got messaged by a Player mod, who wanted to buy 3k. He was a free player, so I hopped to his world. I traded him, and stayed for a while, talking with him.

He seemed like a nice guy (And he probably is, don't get me wrong).

I said goodbye, and went towards the bank. Suddently a blue/cyan message popped up above my chat box. A message from the mod. He asked me how many ores I had left, and how much cash I had. I answered him, and he immediately replyed:

PlayerMod1.jpg

'Oh I see', I thought. Can't blame him. Who wouldn't like free cash or items? Note that I, unlike the average 'Scaper, didn't reply 'LOL' or 'Noob' or anything. I nicely told him that I had worked hard for the money, and that I needed it.

Then he asked me how I made my money, and I'm an honest guy, so I told him that I was a merchant, I told him how I did it, and how much I gave for the iron myself... Smooth move, Joe =D> .

Out of nowhere, this guy started filling the chat-window with all sorts of comments and symbols (Spam? Whatever). Have a look...

PlayerMod2.jpg

He got ripped. So, he wanted the cash back...

PlayerMod3.jpg

Now I'm a nice guy, so I couldn't turn down a begging player. I was about to answer 'Okay', when this message popped up.

PlayerMod4.jpg

PlayerMod5.jpg

He'd buy it again? Mate, I'm a nice guy. You don't need to lie. I'd give you your money back anyways...

Anywho, to wrap it up...

We traded back, he logged out without even saying thanks, I continued doing whatever I did, and I never heard from him since. He never did buy the iron he promised to buy :boohoo:

This is the only childish Player mod I've ever met. I'm not saying all mods are like this, heck, even this guy might not be like this... Maybe he just had a rough day.

All other mods I've met were nice guys (NOT saying that this guy wasn't nice) funny guys, clever guys and girls of course ;)

I still fully respect Player mods :)

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D

i'm absolutely fine with p mods, except when you see this:

goldeliteve0.png

This is just ridiculous, i would agree it should be experience as well, otherwise you just go to fally world 2, report everyone whos typing with loads of effects really fast and wayhey, you're a p mod. There's no reason for someone who cant have been playing longer than 1 year to become a p mod.

newsigvq3.png

My first ever sig wewt! (worst face ftw?)

Wish me luck with the fire cape ;)