Jagex cracking down on Youtube.

axeraider194

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They OWN your character they can do w/e they want because they OWN it and if they don't want it posted on youtube they delete it.

Also most pk videos talk about breaking the rules etc.

But they don't own the image you see. Yes, in words they own the image. But if I take a picture of that image, or a motion image of that, they can't own it.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

yes they own it they own ur souls nopw stfu jeez babys

what the hell? stop being dumb.

They only own what we do ingame that's why they can't do nothing of the screenshots but they found a loophole for videos?

They OWN your character they can do w/e they want because they OWN it and if they don't want it posted on youtube they delete it.

if i record you having an accident, you can't ask me to remove the video just because it's your car

fishing.gif

if i record you having an accident, you can't ask me to remove the video just because it's your car

yes i can

artacal28:111 if ur in a video without a sigend thingy u can sue

I'm sure that Jagex has the right to do this, and they have probably removed some videos (mostly ones violating certain rules), but I doubt they would continually remove all the RS vids. If you think about it, that means that all the video game vids could be removed from youtube for violation of copyright.

[hide=Quotes]

If they were to get the videos that involve some sort of rule breaking to be deleted, I completely understand and encourage it. However according to Axe, it sounds as if they've been deleting random videos about Runescape (Axe, correct me if I'm wrong), which I disapprove of because it ruins some great videos that people can watch for fun and also ruins publicity.

That's really funny when you say you disapprove of it, Jagex doesn't care what you think. You have no say in the matter. They can do whatever they want.

[/hide]

I am quite aware that they can do whatever they want, however being the fact that this thread is in General Discussion, I am encouraged to DISCUSS the matter, so I am sharing my opinion about it all.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

lolcatsdotcomx7qntcsuv7om0pri.jpg

That is pretty dumb what they are doing.....

transcat.jpg I don't why they're doing this, either.
mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

TBH, just because Jagex has the right to do it, doesn't mean they should. I mean, obviously if a video is breaking the Jagex rules they would want to remove it but if it's just something like a PK vid or a Quest guide vid then all it's really doing is helping people to play the game, or entertain people who play/don't play the game. It's all free publicity for Jagex when you think about it. We're doing their work for them. We help them get members, who may buy p2p, and in turn we make them money by introducing the game to new people through youtube. So it's Jagex' decision to do it, but IMO I don't know why they would :-s

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

If they were to get the videos that involve some sort of rule breaking to be deleted, I completely understand and encourage it. However according to Axe, it sounds as if they've been deleting random videos about Runescape (Axe, correct me if I'm wrong), which I disapprove of because it ruins some great videos that people can watch for fun and also ruins publicity.

That's really funny when you say you disapprove of it, Jagex doesn't care what you think. You have no say in the matter. They can do whatever they want.

since this is a general discussion board on a FAN site and not the RSOF, what HE thinks is very important and we as his peers should discuss why he feels that way not just put his oppion down.

OT: yea I agree totally, free publicity + great vids for enjoyment, but if they put a part up on the official site it would be ok.....

finally back in the game! send me a message, all my old friends quit

I laughed so hard I pooped my thong. :lol:

They remove vids that violate rules, fair enough, i don't know of any innocent vids being removed.

I had a vid about someone getting 99 wc removed. That means I was breaking rules in that vid?

I've been reading about this alot on the rs forums as well as hearing about it ingame, that Jagex is removing runescape videos from youtube?

It's about a bunch of copyright stuff, a lot of people are getting their pk vids/guide vids, etc deleted off youtube because of it.

What do you guys think about this?

Personally, Jagex has every right to do it, but it's really lame. The time they put into doing things like this could be put to better use, such as cracking down on autoers and actually reading reports.

Jagex needs to find a way for people to give them credit so they can post things like this..

35b9enp.jpg

Youtube is really good advertising for jagex, I think that they're only getting rid of the ones that look badly at the game :?

That's what I thought. I think Jagex would rather prefer reduced advertising if it means less people coming to solely break the rules.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

My videos on Youtube have not been taken down as of yet and one of mine is the first that comes up when you search "Dagannoth King" :P

I always put in description that the game Runescape was made by Jagex and other things, maybe that helps it not being removed?

It won't be the first move that jagex makes that is pretty much a total economic/player loss for them. It also will not be the last.

Wonder what the overarching motive for it, is, though. Seems a bit random to me.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"