Jagex cracking down on Youtube.

axeraider194

there are plenty of videos they haven't removed so my guess would be they just remove ones that promote rule breaking in some manner, just like what they do with websites. I mean they haven't tried to shut down tip.it cause it does no harm and I'm not aware of them taking down anything thats just game play, why would they remove an honest vid when it does no harm and promotes their game? makes no sense for them to do it so I can't see them doing something like that.

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind them removing vids that show players violating the rules but if they remove perfectly legal videos that are there to help people, I don't see the point. I like some of the videos used as a guide for Kalphite Queen Hunting, Jad killing and so on and they really help.

My legions of fans:

thestigclipboard.png

i think videos are a great way to enlighten another player on how something (such as killing jad) is done...instead of merely describing the process in a guide because like they say, a picture says a thousand words.

anyway i thought there are many other video uploaders like file front mega upload etc...i wouldnt know why jagex would want to interfere with youtube though...of course unless the vid was about some rule breaking...but i doubt they have so much time as to browse through all the runescape videos on youtube :-w

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

EDIT: By the way, why is Google giving JaGeX the administrative power to delete YouTube/Google Video vids?

Copyright issues annoy me. These companies take the free publicity and shove it underground.

Next thing you know, we'll have to download BitTorrent PK vids when the authorities aren't watching! :ohnoes: That would be the suckiest thing in a while.

It's a bit crazy. But I would like more people to put their vids on better services. Revver, blip.tv, Stage6 (pro: reduces file size dramatically con: requires special software or codec to view) and several other sites use a higher quality video stream closer to what you actually record. Flash 9 vs YouTube's Flash 8. Plus Revver, blip.tv, and Metacafe, among others, give you a share of ad revenue. Finally your long hours of nolifing skills pay off when your video is viewed a lot!

63cu0k4.png

52788436whatsonthetube.PNG

If you believe you came from monkeys, you probably did.

Im almost positive that they are only taking videos off of youtube that break RS rules (luring, scamming ect)

Which makes perfect sense. Many people did not think that you could still use the "jojo" lure because of the ditch, and if videos on youtube are showing that you can lure with the ditch, then more people might start luring again.

Which is bad

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

They remove vids that violate rules, fair enough, i don't know of any innocent vids being removed.

I had a vid about someone getting 99 wc removed. That means I was breaking rules in that vid?

I think it got removed because you weren't shooting a video of yourself. Even so, that's not that good of a reason to remove the vid

Storm122096.png

I made a video of the Kings Ransom quest, and because it had a bug in it like a few seconds of a bug not how to reproduce it or anything even though you can't it was removed I was quite angry and I think they are [wagon] holes for that.

When doing the knights training room, 3 of the knights didn't attack me for some unknown reason and that's it, I reported the bug, was informed that it was fixed then uploaded the video, a few days later it was removed the video didn't show how to perform the bug even though you can't any more and it was like 2% of the video and they had it removed yet videos like the 6.6.06 one that even tell you how to reproduce the bug are left. (even though you cant)

If they are going to make rules about posting videos, at lease make it known is all I ask so we don't wast our [bleep]ing time.

All my videos are more like trailers then guides, they never tell you how to do things in quests just show you the highlights, It got to be good advertisement for them so why be difficult about it, they are to controlling and are pushing players into doing things they don't like.

But yeah I think as long as your video is within the rules, and does not contain any bugs or glitches it will be fine.

Just with they would make this more clear for us somehow, I started adding this in at the beginning and end of my videos:

Contents are copyright ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâé 1999 - 2007 Jagex Ltd.

At least we now know that the oppression of the Soviet Union lives on in Jagex.

I don't mind much, as I much prefer to download the videos and view them with decent quality... I'm sure Jagex is very well aware that youtube provides advertisement for them, and so they must have a good reason to remove the videos that they do.

I don't mind much, as I much prefer to download the videos and view them with decent quality... I'm sure Jagex is very well aware that youtube provides advertisement for them, and so they must have a good reason to remove the videos that they do.

Quality is a problem with streaming, but I always try to make sure my video quality is best possible on YouTube I keep full quality copies on my computer, maybe sometime I will set up a site and add them.

Jagex can remove any video they want, if its hosted on YouTube or any site (legally anyway) as they own the account not you.

Also, any videos made with music in the background can also be removed and you can in fact be legally sued by the band/artist if you don't have their permission, that's exactly why I use DragonForce music in my video, got the thumbs up from them.

The only ones I see fit to remove are those rule-breaking ones and the spam ones (Search RuneScape and on the first page theres a vid called 'RuneScape' and it's discription is 'RuneScapeRuneScapeRuneScapeRuneScapeRuneScapeRuneScapeRuneScapeRuneScape...' -.- ).

If they remove my vids, they can just shove my previous month 5 bucks up thier [wagon] and not expect any more from me.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Finally a real topic, I haven't posted much the last few days. :roll:

I think the only videos that are actually getting removed are ones about glitches and just rule breaking pretty much. Though if innocent videos like kq or dk vids are getting removed that's sort of taking it too far..

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

Isn't it good for Jagex? They are advertising RS for free :?

Cracking Down, I love that term lol.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Why would jagex request a site to take down free advertising? They're just hurting themselvs.

well if they dont want ppl to post there vids on youtube.. they should make there own rs vid player...

they took of elve mage 2 :o

Keessig.jpg

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

click for teh bloggy.

ty to swaggeh for sig!

Personally, Jagex has every right to do it, but it's really lame. The time they put into doing things like this could be put to better use, such as cracking down on autoers and actually reading reports.

People have made huge sums of cash using youtube as a tool to help them scam people.

siggydonedark.jpg

Hangin loose. Marrentil can die.

I've been reading about this alot on the rs forums as well as hearing about it ingame, that Jagex is removing runescape videos from youtube?

It's about a bunch of copyright stuff, a lot of people are getting their pk vids/guide vids, etc deleted off youtube because of it.

What do you guys think about this?

Personally, Jagex has every right to do it, but it's really lame. The time they put into doing things like this could be put to better use, such as cracking down on autoers and actually reading reports.

jagex staff isn't made up of 5 people sitting in a room...they have designated people for designated roles, and although it's kinda...blah that they're doing this, it makes perfect sense.

Lots of videos get removed from Youtube. Get used to it. Besides the word YouTube isn't censored in game. What does that tell you?

Just because it's not filtered doesn't mean you can't get reported for saying it.

I've had action taken against my account for saying youtube in-game, as well as saying google about 6 months before that.

axeraider194.png