Longsword Versus Scimitar

00hydro

I would gonestly have to say the Scimitar. But that is my personal opinion. You just have to find what you like, and stick with it. Even if others say it is worse.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

• 4 weeks later...

i'm a scimitar person through and through. The dragon longsword's strength bonus (+5 over scimmy) only adds about one damage to your max hit. The scimmy is a bit faster, which adds up a lot over time, especially if your not killing something with extrordinarily high defence.

As for the controlled "advantage" most people would use a whip for this which is far better than either scimmy or long full stop.

Scimitar wins for me :thumbsup:

4D485FC689.png

4d485fc689.png

4d485fc689.png

Scimitar's max will always be more than a longsword's max per minute+ of fighting.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

With dragon- they both have their strengths, and are equally matched, relatively speaking....

With Adamant and Rune, it's definitely the scimitar

Bronze-Steel- I prefer the longsword, although the Steel Scimitar is great too...

Mithril- Either....

signatureforkam42705lorpj5.jpg

i mean wth no1 cares about that weak noob that was scared of the great almighty lord ZAROS!

Limiting my options to only the dragon longsword and the dragon scimitar as melee weapons, I would say that I would mainly use the dragon scimitar. The dragon scimitar is commonly used for training strength since it yields more exp gain in the end. Despite the fact that the dragon longsword is stronger, it is also slower. So what if I were to be [in a hard place] up against a strong, deadly monster? I might bring the longsword. Why? Well, either through stabbing or slashing, it is more accurate. Would I trust myself to the scimitar [in a hard place]? Probably not. I have found that I tend to hit more often with the dragon longsword, so I trust its accuracy more than the scimitar. Also, the special attack for the dragon longsword is more effective than the dragon scimitar, unless I was in a PvP situation. In the end though, the scimitar has more benefits as a melee weapon in my opinion, so I'm a scimitar person. :)

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png

Longsword rules. nuf said :thumbsup:

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Longsword rules. nuf said :thumbsup:

Just to tell you, your stat pic is wrong

D long is MUCH slower

D SCim is MUCH faster.

3:5 ratio. If you don't understand that, d long 3 times d scim 5 times

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

What are we talking about here? About which weapon does more damage?

There is a simple way to verify this: kill one kind of monster during a hour with each weapon (use the same stats and pots) and compare the exp values.

I think this will vary from monster to monster: monsters with higher defense are more easily defeated with a longsword, as it's more accurate. Monsters with lower defense on the other hand will be killed more quickly with a scimitar.

This is just my guess. If you really care that much: try it out ...

i like the scimitar better its faster and its spec is better for pvp

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

It is not speed that is what makes a weapon good, nor is it power. A dagger is fastest, while 2h is slowest.

You must compare its damage and speed. The dragon long has a special. Ok. 4 specials in 5 minits. Who says im going to use its special anyways? DDS is better...

Now the skim. Its fast, near dagger speed, strenth bonus slightly lower. Its special is useless, but then agan, im using DDS or DBA. It is able to do slightly less damage is much faster time. (plug it in on the damage calculator. In 80% of the cases, D long can do 0-1 more damage) Now, D long is more accurate, but it takes longer to hit. Even if the Skim is "slightly" less accurate, it attaks faster to make up for it.

Now lets look at it this way:

WHo has used both weapons?

Those who have used both, can actully experiance both, and compare, not with facts, but brute power and speed, the experiance, and the grace. Its ability to do massive dammage, and hit almost dagger-like. Thats wher the whip actully comes in. It is the power of a D skimmy, but speed of dagger. Combining power and speed. D long, simply hits 1 or 2 more, but is much slower.

Anyone up for my challege?

If you've ever used a D skim, you would choose D long. nuff said.

Dragon scimitar is the same speed as whip and scimitar.

It all depends on experience rates, not personal choice simply enough. I think it has been stated many times that Dragon Scimitar has a higher rate of experience gaining than the Dragon Longsword, that is basically the end of the thread. I quite like the Dragon Scimitar's special attack, I think it looks cool and it earned me a glory amulet in an iron war once. Some level 126 was protecting from melee while getting piled and I Severed her and she got decimated in the 5 second period.

It is not speed that is what makes a weapon good, nor is it power. A dagger is fastest, while 2h is slowest.

You must compare its damage and speed. The dragon long has a special. Ok. 4 specials in 5 minits. Who says im going to use its special anyways? DDS is better...

Now the skim. Its fast, near dagger speed, strenth bonus slightly lower. Its special is useless, but then agan, im using DDS or DBA. It is able to do slightly less damage is much faster time. (plug it in on the damage calculator. In 80% of the cases, D long can do 0-1 more damage) Now, D long is more accurate, but it takes longer to hit. Even if the Skim is "slightly" less accurate, it attaks faster to make up for it.

Now lets look at it this way:

WHo has used both weapons?

Those who have used both, can actully experiance both, and compare, not with facts, but brute power and speed, the experiance, and the grace. Its ability to do massive dammage, and hit almost dagger-like. Thats wher the whip actully comes in. It is the power of a D skimmy, but speed of dagger. Combining power and speed. D long, simply hits 1 or 2 more, but is much slower.

Anyone up for my challege?

If you've ever used a D skim, you would choose D long. nuff said.

Dragon scimitar is the same speed as whip and scimitar.

It all depends on experience rates, not personal choice simply enough. I think it has been stated many times that Dragon Scimitar has a higher rate of experience gaining than the Dragon Longsword, that is basically the end of the thread. I quite like the Dragon Scimitar's special attack, I think it looks cool and it earned me a glory amulet in an iron war once. Some level 126 was protecting from melee while getting piled and I Severed her and she got decimated in the 5 second period.

No. Dragon scimitar is not as fast as the whip.

Also, Scimitars are better for training. The special? Then just bring along a DDS, it's better than the Dragon Longsword special anyways. ;)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Also, Scimitars are better for training. The special? Then just bring along a DDS, it's better than the Dragon Longsword special anyways. ;)

Yes it is, seriously, look it up, try it yourself. The scimitar is the same speed as the whip, which is the same speed as the dagger which is even the same speed as the short sword.

Yes it is, seriously, look it up, try it yourself. The scimitar is the same speed as the whip, which is the same speed as the dagger which is even the same speed as the short sword.

Tis True!

d scimmi is much better than d long btw stab/controlled is pointless... who trains with controlled, seriously? and stabbing is less accurate than slashing either way. Useing an accurate attack style gives a hidden +3 to your attack level, controlled is only +1 to all, which isnt a big difference compared to +3.

Tis True!

d scimmi is much better than d long btw stab/controlled is pointless... who trains with controlled, seriously? and stabbing is less accurate than slashing either way. Useing an accurate attack style gives a hidden +3 to your attack level, controlled is only +1 to all, which isnt a big difference compared to +3.

i actualy know quite a few people who train with controled (means they get more than one lvl at a time even if it takes longer)

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

Normally, using focused or controlled training is a matter of personal preference: they both give the same amount of experience and they both add the same amount of bonuses.

However, when using protection prayers, it's better not to use controlled, because your +1 defense will go to waste. In those cases, it's better to use either attack or strength focus.