• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool guide might have to try them sometime :thumbsup:

too bad the dungeon maps and trip pics arent loading <.< -.-

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

hey dude....60 ranged is not required...you need 70 to access armadyl thing ^^ :P

9/10

You need 70 range to get inside Armadyl's base, but you kill them in the main place, where all the monsters are mixed.

16185_s.gif

Hey jordan, I was just looking at your guide ( I think I'm going to use your outline for a guide I'm creating, if that's cool?) and I noticed the aviansie levels are missing one.

There's a level 137 !

I don't know if someone already said this or not, didn't feel like browsing all 20 pages. :)

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Hey jordan, I was just looking at your guide ( I think I'm going to use your outline for a guide I'm creating, if that's cool?) and I noticed the aviansie levels are missing one.

I knew there was a level 13*, but didn't know what the last digit was so i just put 131, thanks for the correction. :)

And yeah sure you can use my guide's outline.

hey ns guide even tho i dont entirely know wat it means x]

anyways, im theinking about becoming a member and wood u reccomend me killing them for range training and profit?

o and i have some questions if u dont mind answering them...

how much do pray pots cost?

wat was the crossbow and bolts u used in ur pic?

wat was the book u were wielding?

how much does 1 outfit & inventory cost approximetley?

ty for ur time

darksigxr0.jpg

awesome guide, very easy to understand and you make me feel like I can just hop in and do this...

one question though: will iron knives work as well as the bone crossbow? I know they're a lot more expensive, but I make them myself, so cost isn't really an issue. lemme know what you think, and again, great guide :D

craggyp.png

craggyp.png

one more thing: do you use anything to protect from bandos' minions?

darkarbiter:

pray pots vary, check the grand exchange and/or the forums for prices.

the crossbow used is the bone crossbow and bone bolts. you can get them in the mines you uncover while doing the Lost Tribe quest, they're pretty reasonably priced as far as crossbows go

the book he has is the unholy book. you obtain the cover after completing the Horror from the Deep quest, and you get the pages from treasure trails clues or other players. there are 4, and for the zamorak book they can tend to be expensive

as far as the outfit cost, lets see:

xbow/10k bolts will run you like 43k.

unholy book is about 800k-1m once you have the cover and buy all pages

monks robe is easy to get

god cape requires 60 mage to get from mage arena in northern wildy, but once you beat the arena its free. skill capes are a lot harder

honestly, I'm operating from memory here. the important thing is that the outfit isn't too terrible to obtain, and the inventory will be more than paid for by a single trip if you know what you're doing. as long as you have the levels and don't mess up too badly, this method appears to pay for itself.

craggyp.png

craggyp.png

one more thing: do you use anything to protect from bandos' minions?

No, I'd only really say they'd help if you were using the guthans method then I found them very nice protection from orcs while you get some very easy healing from goblins and hobgoblins (Just north-west of the usual aviansie killing area). Also nice for bones to peaches, but I find that I never need more then the bones I get from aviansies alone. But using prayer, no you should never require these.

one question though: will iron knives work as well as the bone crossbow? I know they're a lot more expensive, but I make them myself, so cost isn't really an issue. lemme know what you think, and again, great guide

The whole reason the bone cross bow was so good was it's speed, the cost of the bolts was just an additional benefit. Now that they've had that taken away they're not really that great, people just don't want to hear it and argue that the bolts are inexpensive. While the bone x-bow does still hit decent I'd personally recommend using the hunter crossbow. Some of you may think I'm mad, but these are incredibly good. The cost of the bow is even less, and it fires at the rate of a msb on rapid. Not only that, it's long bolts hit 15's, for me I believe that's in between addy and rune arrows. In case some of you don't know the bone xbow was whip speed and msb speed is much faster then whip speed. However, long bolts are hard to come by, so may have to stick with normal bolts, these are still strong and offer a shield spot.

Well, now that's said, if you don't want either I'd recommend a rune x-bow, yes :P (I believe few people are yet to see how effective the hunter x-bow is, thus I wrote a decent amount).

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

the only issue I see with the hunter xbow is the fact that you have to either hunt the kebbits yourself (and I know from experience that deadfall traps and tracking take an eternity) or buy the bolts from players (which is likely a lot more expensive than buying infinite bone bolts from the goblins)

basically for me, that means I have to buy the bolts.

I suppose a cost/value test is in order, but if it's fast and the bolts don't cost too much (if they're less than or maybe even comparable to mith bolts) then it might be worthwhile. just gotta figure out what they cost and how available they are in large numbers.

also, I guess I never really got a straight answer about the iron knives. I know knives are fast, but do you think they would do damage fast enough? maybe I should be testing these things... :P

craggyp.png

craggyp.png

With the GE, buying plain kebbit bolts is easy, or at least it was when I tried. I currently have over 5k normal bolts, and over 8k long bolts. The cost? People who hunt these don't realise how good they are, therefore they dismiss them as junk and sell them of at GE prices, which are insanely cheap. Again, I can't guarantee that it's maintained the same since I found out, and long bolts are probably impossible to buy in bulk now, but short ones could still be great.

Sounds like a good idea on iron knives (or darts, doesn't make that much difference). The only problem is range bonus, prayer or not you're not in very good ranging bonus gear, so I'd imagine at times you might not hit as often as you can, but as an estimate you should stay at roughly 50-80 range bonus so it shouldn't be that bad.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|