Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!

misterxman

2qxyw.png

hurrrp

They granted me my wish of having bows wielded in the left hand I've had for years.....and they still managed to mess it up.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

jkvHo.png

Fishing fail. Header spoofing, same "final warning" and same case number. Derp.

Let's examine the contents. Commentary in bold:

Dear Customer, [if this person were so sure I was RWTing, they would mention the account name suspected to have RWTed. And what if I were F2P? Free-players aren't customers.]

We have strong evidence that you may have attempted a transfer of RuneScape accounts [This e-mail purports to have been sent from Jagex's legal department, but only mentions RuneScape. That's oddly specific considering the speculative language of "may have attempted".] or traded virtual items [Again, this is very specific. It would likely mention "Real World Trading", not whether I specifically traded items or cash.] outside of the game environment. [A real Jagex message wouldn't mention this either, considering its RWT policy was recently changed to accommodate micro-transactions.]

Real-world trading destroys the economy of RuneScape [i don't think a Jagex representative would use such alarmist language in a formal letter, even if it has some truth.], violates your agreement with us, [in a formal legal letter, all relevant parties to the contract would be capitalized e.g. "Us", "You", "Product", "Agreement", etc.] and any player ["User" would be more appropriate in this instance.] that continues to engage in the illegal activity [Third-party RWT is not illegal, but it does violate Jagex TOS.] has no place in our community.

All of your accounts, main and otherwise, [Jagex wouldn't use player colloquialisms in a formal legal letter. "Accounts" would be capitalized as it is relevant to the contract.] are now on our watch list and will be monitored for real-world trading. [but the tone of this letter suggests I've already been monitored!] Regardless of who you are or how long you've been with us, ["Us"] if you ["You"] decide to real-world trade ever again [Jagex-endorsed RWT or third-party?] we will have no hesitation in: (1) permanently removing your account from our wonderful community in order to protect Jagex's rights, ["Remove" is a vague term. Remove privilege of account access? Delete my account? If the latter, Jagex only does so if the User specifically requests it.] and (2) naming you as a defendant in Jagex Limited v. John Does, which is a lawsuit based on antitrust law violations that is currently pending in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (Civ. Action No. SANC-V12-00972-CGC).[i think the case has long ago been settled in Jagex's favor.]

If you ["You"] decide to ignore this email [Why didn't Jagex contact me through my account inbox?] and instead continue Real-World Trading, [Nothing in this e-mail explicitly tells me to cease my alleged RWT.] we (Jagex Ltd) ["We"] reserve our ["Our"] rights to pursue statutory damages against you for between $200 to $2,500 per act of past, present, and/or future real-world trading in accordance with 18 U.S.C. 1304©(2). [Jagex's operations are based in the UK. American law is irrelevant.]

In addition, new infractions have been added to your RuneScape account. [i checked my account to humor this person. No infractions were added.] If left unchallenged your account will be temporarily or permanently suspended. [They should have decided a punishment already. That seems pretty speculative.]

Please complete the following security form to monitor your account's status or to appeal the infractions you have recieved: ["Received". Spelling fail.]

[removed]

Please note: Due to recent technical problems, some accounts were unfairly punished. [sounds unlikely.] Most of the void infractions have been removed. You should visit the appeal section to appeal any unjustified infractions received due to system errors. [Failed attempt to lure me into clicking the e-mail link. Also, if they're so sure I RWTed, why do they mention the "technical errors" to ensure I wasn't "unfairly punished"? Huge inconsistency.]

Sincerely,

Mod Mark. [No space in between the salutation and signature. And if this letter originated from the legal department, Mod Mark wouldn't be the one sending it. Another inconsistency.]

Phishers really need to improve their tactics. -.-

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

jkvHo.png

Dear Customer, [if this person were so sure I was RWTing, they would mention the account name suspected to have RWTed. And what if I were F2P? Free-players aren't customers.]

We have strong evidence that you may have attempted a transfer of RuneScape accounts [This e-mail purports to have been sent from Jagex's legal department, but only mentions RuneScape. That's oddly specific considering the speculative language of "may have attempted".] or traded virtual items [Again, this is very specific. It would likely mention "Real World Trading", not whether I specifically traded items or cash.] outside of the game environment. [A real Jagex message wouldn't mention this either, considering its RWT policy was recently changed to accommodate micro-transactions.]

Real-world trading destroys the economy of RuneScape [i don't think a Jagex representative would use such alarmist language in a formal letter, even if it has some truth.], violates your agreement with us, [in a formal legal letter, all relevant parties to the contract would be capitalized e.g. "Us", "You", "Product", "Agreement", etc.] and any player ["User" would be more appropriate in this instance.] that continues to engage in the illegal activity [Third-party RWT is not illegal, but it does violate Jagex TOS.] has no place in our community.

All of your accounts, main and otherwise, [Jagex wouldn't use player colloquialisms in a formal legal letter. "Accounts" would be capitalized as it is relevant to the contract.] are now on our watch list and will be monitored for real-world trading. [but the tone of this letter suggests I've already been monitored!] Regardless of who you are or how long you've been with us, ["Us"] if you ["You"] decide to real-world trade ever again [Jagex-endorsed RWT or third-party?] we will have no hesitation in: (1) permanently removing your account from our wonderful community in order to protect Jagex's rights, ["Remove" is a vague term. Remove privilege of account access? Delete my account? If the latter, Jagex only does so if the User specifically requests it.] and (2) naming you as a defendant in Jagex Limited v. John Does, which is a lawsuit based on antitrust law violations that is currently pending in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (Civ. Action No. SANC-V12-00972-CGC).[i think the case has long ago been settled in Jagex's favor.]

If you ["You"] decide to ignore this email [Why didn't Jagex contact me through my account inbox?] and instead continue Real-World Trading, [Nothing in this e-mail explicitly tells me to cease my alleged RWT.] we (Jagex Ltd) ["We"] reserve our ["Our"] rights to pursue statutory damages against you for between $200 to $2,500 per act of past, present, and/or future real-world trading in accordance with 18 U.S.C. 1304©(2). [Jagex's operations are based in the UK. American law is irrelevant.]

In addition, new infractions have been added to your RuneScape account. [i checked my account to humor this person. No infractions were added.] If left unchallenged your account will be temporarily or permanently suspended. [They should have decided a punishment already. That seems pretty speculative.]

Please complete the following security form to monitor your account's status or to appeal the infractions you have recieved: ["Received". Spelling fail.]

[removed]

Please note: Due to recent technical problems, some accounts were unfairly punished. [sounds unlikely.] Most of the void infractions have been removed. You should visit the appeal section to appeal any unjustified infractions received due to system errors. [Failed attempt to lure me into clicking the e-mail link. Also, if they're so sure I RWTed, why do they mention the "technical errors" to ensure I wasn't "unfairly punished"? Huge inconsistency.]

Sincerely,

Mod Mark. [No space in between the salutation and signature. And if this letter originated from the legal department, Mod Mark wouldn't be the one sending it. Another inconsistency.]

Sad thing is this is probably more than enough to get the average rs player to fall for it.

• Like 1

[photo]

[removed]

Sincerely,

Sad thing is this is probably more than enough to get the average rs player to fall for it.

True. :P And funny thing is that most legit Jagex e-mail goes to my spam inbox anyway. When I clicked on a password change notification, for example. I was like, did I really request this e-mail? Then I'm like, oh yeah, I did. :P

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Those 3 seconds when you freak out before you realize you did request it.

Some people might have noticed me logging in. (didn't play for 2 months, which wasn't bad :P)

Actually got back into staking again for a bit, decided to come back before EOC killed staking, soon realised I couldn't trust myself to play sensible.

Made 6bil in under 2 weeks from 100m that I forgot about in the ge (some torstols).

One of the most important years of my life right now and can't afford runescaping, did a 6bil bank stake and it went as well as could be expected.

failing_zpsf6eed160.png

I think I won overall though here :), quitting for good (really I promise) this time, realised coming back that I didn't want to play runescape again.

Assuming you lost, why the heck didn't you just give it out to HYT friends you jerk :(

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

ia6mm.png

Finally I can be part of the club =3.

All done by free spins.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

All this since friday, or thursday.

[spoiler=DROPS DROPS DROPS DROPS]120916035818.png

120916201827.png

120920201508.png

120921010909.png

120922024008.png

120922030955.png

120922174732.png

120922180422.png

120922222457.png

120922223957.png

120922233612.png

120923013331.png

120923015058.png

120923015634.png

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

17Rim.png

Top 600+181m xp.

:mad: So close but so far. Lvl1-101 left.

Back in my day we were top ~600 with 109 DG. /kids these days.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

LOLOLOLOL that's brilliant.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).