RuneScape on Miniclip, Jagex's worst decision ever?

JJGM

Jagex's worst decision? No, more members and more money for them. I've never even been on miniclip, it can't be as bad as everyone makes out. :-k

Of course it's just opinion. But miniclip is known for its child fanbase. Why not check it out yourself?

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miniclip product too...

Joined two multplayer Games, Robot Rage & Runescape.

Got quite deep into (non-premium) Robot Rage at one point, even using a gamepad with joystick to key software, but eventually got fed up getting trashed by premium pack weapons and suffering endless connect fails.

Runescape, still plodding on, and finally thinking of going members for a serious dose of quest-bashing.

Almost every argument against Jagex boils down to the fact that they don't give a damn about their customer base, and are more concerned with adding to their already ludicrous profit margin.

:shock: That is NOT true, jagex does care about their players, if they didn't they wouldn't personally deal with autoers, read ban appeals(not automated), and give us holidays.(they don't have to, but they want to)

Also, Jagex spends most of its profits on server maintenance, bills, employee paychecks, and much more NON-PROFIT things.

Ban appeals ARE automated. Jagex does NOT care abouts its players. Did you hear the other guy? The are a lucrative, money based, money driven company that uses mini clip solely for money only and allows MC to host RuneScape only cause Jagex knows they'll be making a ton of money from it.

Exactly. Apparently Profit>Consumer Enjoyability.(If thats a real word :P )

Anyone else see the thread here about the guy who got banned for Rule 1, and appealed with something along the lines of "OMG JAGEX J00 N00BS UNBARNME 0R i coMMit suic1d3!!111!"... and got unbanned. He had a screenshot that was unaltered. There IS an automated appeal-scanner, it searches for keywords like 'suicide', probably to avoid another scandal about some guy who suicided because he got hacked/banned...

Miniclip is a haven of small children, and small children = Noobs. Most of them are stuck in f2p because they aren't completely spoiled, hence the bad name f2p has.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Haha the old miniclip made RS bad argument. Lol to be honest it may have been a bad decision for people like you. But the game wouldn't have half the quests, skills or updates it has now if it wasnt for all those 'little kids' who play from miniclip. Like someone mentioned earlier they generate income for jagex. Its a smart move for a company and a rational one at that. If the move was THAT bad then you would've stopped playing RS by now. You might not have been a miniclip player but there are many who are and are also good members of the community. Stereotypes make people believe they are superior to someone just because of where they came from. It could be defined as racism but even a gaming community cant go that far. Unless for some reason jagex put a giant banner saying MINICLIP above each person who joined from miniclips name and whenever "the superiors" saw them they would shout "HAHA ITS A CLIPPER NOOB" :roll:

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

it depends whos side you look at it from.

from jagex point of view it is the greatest because a lot of people go to mini clip which means more suscribers

but from our point of view it brings young kids, bots and all the other things we complain about :P

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

I think it was a good and a bad decision, as I'm sure that some people may have came from miniclip, who were mature and made the game a better place.

And to those people who keep saying that all jagex want is money, if you don't like the company so much, why don't you stop playing?

In time we hate that which we often fear-William Shakespeare

It made jagex plenty of revenue, so I think it was a great decision. Without all the kids paying, what would fuel the weekly updates?

I mean, without the thousands of kids playing and PAYING, it has urged jagex to update the game alot, and it has sparked the economy.

People always talk about the beggers, but honestly, back in classic we had a *FEW* beggers, with the way the population has increased, im sure there is a trend with total population growth and the growth of the begger population.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

I wish people would do some research first before just ranting about stuff. I came to RuneScape through MiniClip originally, and I remember signing up on the day RuneScape was added. I distinctly remember looking for a bike game I'd seen before, seeing Runescape on the 'recently added' section, thinking 'that wasn't there yesterday', then signing up. A week later it had gone from the top 10 spot, which is how I found the actual website. A week after that I found tip.it, and a week after that I found the forums.

On the forums, I found topics that were months old complaining about the state of the RuneScape community. The community was declining long before MiniClip got involved.

Second, MiniClip doesn't host jack. They link to Jagex's servers. As could anyone if they have a decent knowledge of HTML, XML and Java. And they put a disclaimer at the bottom.

Third, to the poster of the thread, did you actually check MiniClip before posting this? Because I just did, and I actually had to go looking for RuneScape to find it. I actually had to use ctrl + f. Now, considering there are many more flashing things on that website to entice me, it's far more likely I'll click on that rather than the text link in the A-Z at the bottom.

In short:

MiniClip was not Jagex's worst decision. Nor was it their best.

MiniClip is not to blame for a collapse in community. That happens naturally as communities get bigger with more anonymity. MiniClip may well have accelerated the process, but you cannot blame a website for something that is ultimately the players fault.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I wish people would do some research first before just ranting about stuff. I came to RuneScape through MiniClip originally, and I remember signing up on the day RuneScape was added. I distinctly remember looking for a bike game I'd seen before, seeing Runescape on the 'recently added' section, thinking 'that wasn't there yesterday', then signing up. A week later it had gone from the top 10 spot, which is how I found the actual website. A week after that I found tip.it, and a week after that I found the forums.

On the forums, I found topics that were months old complaining about the state of the RuneScape community. The community was declining long before MiniClip got involved.

Second, MiniClip doesn't host jack. They link to Jagex's servers. As could anyone if they have a decent knowledge of HTML, XML and Java. And they put a disclaimer at the bottom.

Third, to the poster of the thread, did you actually check MiniClip before posting this? Because I just did, and I actually had to go looking for RuneScape to find it. I actually had to use ctrl + f. Now, considering there are many more flashing things on that website to entice me, it's far more likely I'll click on that rather than the text link in the A-Z at the bottom.

In short:

MiniClip was not Jagex's worst decision. Nor was it their best.

MiniClip is not to blame for a collapse in community. That happens naturally as communities get bigger with more anonymity. MiniClip may well have accelerated the process, but you cannot blame a website for something that is ultimately the players fault.

I did check Miniclip.. and it used to be the number one game for about 3 years..

Like some of you have said Jagex is a company and the primary objective of a company is to make money, right?

Wrong! that is the secondary objective of a company...the first is customer satisfaction or everyone shall quit and make no money...Jagex made that decision as a company...and yeah...it does bring little 5 year olds to the game...but as you mature you outgrow runescape and move on...or move onto other games...I have a favourite but I don't think I should mention it (check my avatar :thumbsup: )

It doesnt bother me that Jagex advertised onto Miniclip...It has nothing to do with me -.-

-------------------

I have no experience of RuneScape without the little kids :x

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Ranker11 told me too :P

I agree with most of the things JJGM says, but sometimes, miniclip does bring some good folk to runescape :D, but now i'm fed up of

1. People who can't make their own cash so they...

A- buy rs gold ( ! GRR ! )

B- beg for cash

C- loot BONE BOLTS (4gp~) to ?make? cash...

D- Sit there all day killing goblins whilst begging and scamming/spamming

No, its a great decision. yes we got some imature idiots taht way but it expanded rs to what it is today! jagex will be laughing with joy over the money brought in from miniclip! :lol:

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

ok not to dis miniclip but most of the noobs have came from there. ok i know that they have advertised for runescape but look at the advertisment of other games, like maple story now they advertise on t.v and that has got a lot more people playing.

~Mithruler1~

bf795a1a72.png

MSSW4TI.png

MSSW4Banner.gif

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

CLICK! CLICK!