The New Year Update

ShakingBro

They're implementing a botting skill, the more you bot the higher your skill is, then they can tell if you're botting or not :P.

But seriously, it's most likely a new skill or an entirely new aspect of the game, such as the achievement diary. Something that might be nifty is another graphics upgrade.

Kaejer.png

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it could be a new skill, which would be a huge update. Maybe it could go 3D :-k :pray:

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

I'm guessing either Kudos Island, MASSIVE graphics upgrade or :pray: :pray: new bank system. :pray: :pray:

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Runescape 4D. Duh.

No but really, I'm hoping for some sort of graphical update. If you're a member the content on RS is already so much I think they can not update it for a year and most people would still have quite a lot to do still. RS is already superior to most MMO's with gameplay, so I think graphics is the only thing that it needs for true awesomeness.

Or perhaps they'll go nuts and stop using java and team up with Valve and code RS using Source and deliver it through Steam. Maybe.

RSN: Manaleak

Runescape 4D. Duh.

No but really, I'm hoping for some sort of graphical update. If you're a member the content on RS is already so much I think they can not update it for a year and most people would still have quite a lot to do still. RS is already superior to most MMO's with gameplay, so I think graphics is the only thing that it needs for true awesomeness.

Or perhaps they'll go nuts and stop using java and team up with Valve and code RS using Source and deliver it through Steam. Maybe.

Rofl, yeah.... A company that delivers FPS games would team up with a company that delivers RPGs. :boohoo:

td2sig.jpg

I hope for a bank update or a huge update of the game interface/graphics. Could be cool if RS got 3D (yes, I know it will be hard if the game still is Java-based)

RuneScape is 3D god *bleep* it... :roll: :evil:

I'm thinking it will either be the Bank Update or a new skill( or two..? :-w )

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

Runescape 4D. Duh.

Rofl, yeah.... A company that delivers FPS games would team up with a company that delivers RPGs. :boohoo:

Uh...Valve has loaned the Source engine to several RPG's. It's even used in racing and puzzle games.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Why nobody have been thinking about this?

English version

We couldn't part from you without mentioning something very, very big on the horizon. The new year brings a stunning new update, and we are so happy with it that we are going to let a few hints trickle out over the next few weeks...

Deutsch version

Zu guter Letzt wollten wir euch noch mitteilen, dass sich am Horizont etwas sehr, sehr GroÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸es abzeichnet. Im neuen Jahr erwartet euch ein umwerfendes Update, mit dem wir so zufrieden sind, dass wir euch eventuell in den nÃÆÃâÃâächsten Wochen einige versteckte Hinweise geben werden...

Now look at both of them, there is a message in those lines that they can't just translate, it should still have the same hint in it so... If we keep doing this for the next few weeks we maybe be able to figure out what it is faster.

PS: I hope im right about this, my Deutsch isn't that good so...

Runescape 4D. Duh.

Uh...Valve has loaned the Source engine to several RPG's. It's even used in racing and puzzle games.

Srsly? I didn't know that. :ohnoes:

td2sig.jpg

English version

We couldn't part from you without mentioning something very, very big on the horizon. The new year brings a stunning new update, and we are so happy with it that we are going to let a few hints trickle out over the next few weeks...

Deutsch version

Zu guter Letzt wollten wir euch noch mitteilen, dass sich am Horizont etwas sehr, sehr GroÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸es abzeichnet. Im neuen Jahr erwartet euch ein umwerfendes Update, mit dem wir so zufrieden sind, dass wir euch eventuell in den nÃÆÃâÃâächsten Wochen einige versteckte Hinweise geben werden...

Now look at both of them, there is a message in those lines that they can't just translate, it should still have the same hint in it so... If we keep doing this for the next few weeks we maybe be able to figure out what it is faster.

To more well last, we yet wanted to announce you that at the horizon somewhat very, very large is outlined. In the new year, an overturning Update with which we are so satisfied expected give become you, that we you possibly in the next weeks some hidden references...
tifsdac6mc.gif

This is going to be a HUGE update, according to Jagex, but knowing them, it'll be a quest/lame skill that was half baked and could've been milked to its full potential.

I really doubt they'd announce something mediocre 2 months before it's due. I'm going to guess and say it'll be something revolutionary to the game, changing alot of features and adding new things, maybe including new graphics for our characters.

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

weather and day and night are just silly - sorry but you cant see the sky as it is jagex wouldnt make the programming more complicated just so you could - weather and day and night would achieve nothing and tbh isnt really a big update - im hopign a new skills but not pets or summoning or boating, cause all are rubbish, something like a large new area, or new race of creatures with unique drops would be cool.

a new skill would own but tbh i dont know how much there is to include in the game now

adicolorz.png

English version

Deutsch version

Uhm... no. German is my native language, and there is no significant difference between those two versions of the text. The only real change is the removal of the verb "to trickle" which in this case wouldn't have been appropriate in German.

Sounds like some damn good marketing from Jagex. Look at how many people are drooling just thinking about what could be 'over the horizon' in the new year. I'm sure there are lots of players who might be planning on getting membership for the next couple of months just to bolster their current stats in anticipation of possibly a new skill in January.

They could have just kept it all quiet until January Behind the Scenes, but apparently Jagex are 'so happy' they'll trickle information through the next few weeks. Believe me, Jagex will see a sharp jump income increase through November and December because of their 'excitment'.

Clever people. :wink:

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

SUMMONING. WILL. NEVER. BE. MADE.

It would lag the hell out of the game; Java can't support something like that.... It would be like world 2 falador, everywhere, if people could summon NPCS.

I think it'll either be the expansion to the east (Asian-themed lands), the "high level island", or the release of MechScape.

+1,

And dont forget we have summoning already, within boundaries ofcourse.. remember the tower of life ? :)

cheap_labour.png

Woohoo........

I just had an idea: so far lots of people have suggested Kudos Island or a new continent (which could be combined into one huge update - with Kudos Island being an island off the coast of the new continent...) but why aren't we looking westward?

Yes, the Elven Lands!

We've long waited for the day when the gates to Prifddinas and the regions north of it open up - that might already be a huge update. But there is more: leading up to the GWD release, some hints were dropped that were contained in a dwarven explorers journal (there was a thread about this on tip.it but I am seriously too lazy to look for that now) which also mentioned said dwarf going on an expedition into a poisonous swampland... which is what the Poison Wastes south of Isafdar are. So there are actually two directions into which the Elven Lands could be expanded - with an area easily as big as Asgarnia!

Imagine: Jagex release a new quest in the Mourner storyline, which not only advances the story lots of players have been clamouring for but also opens up both new areas - north and south of Isafdar... I think that would deserve to be called a massive and "stunning" update.

All of the above, of course, being idle speculation 8-)

Deutsch version:

----

From google translator a more cleaner worded one:

"And finally, we wanted to notify you that on the horizon something very, very big business. In the new year you a stunning update with which we are so pleased that we will possibly in the next few weeks some hidden clues ..."

Maybe RS will go 3D, lol,

That would be a BIG update tbh :-w

Could be cool if RS got 3D (yes, I know it will be hard if the game still is Java-based)

Maybe it could go 3D :-k :pray:

Seriously, I thought Tip.iters are supposed to be smart.

Runescape 4D. Duh.

Why Source? Unreal 3.0 would be more like it.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: