another question -game for noobs or poor ppl

julian011

I'm neither poor or have abad computer. I am also not a newb to MMORPGs. Yet I play it due to it's variety and quantity of content. Your view is the generic view of someone who went though the RS fad phase only getting to level 20ish then quitting because everyone else did. -.-

Costantino.png

Do you think think Runescape is for people that are new to MMO's

I've played since 2001

or for ppl that can't afford to pay a monthy fee

I pay the monthly fee for both RS and WOW

maybe can't afford a good CPU/ISP?

I have ADSL, and a relitvely up-to-date PC (C2D E6600, 2GB ram, 512MB graphics etc).

Guess I don't fit any of those :lol:

half_dead.png

I've got various top of the range computers and laptops, i've been playing RPGs for a VERY long time, i've got a 10Mb connection, i'm a programmer on a good wage. I guess that kinda rules out your view of who plays runescape.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel ...

Or is it just the front of an approaching train!

its a good introduction to mmo's. but dosent necesarily mean your poor/dont have a decent pc.

i mean, i play runescape alot. yet my gaming rig can run crysis on max graphics, so theres no relation there.

and i did have members for 2 1/2 years until i quit. now i just dont pay because i dont need to get members at the moment (im waiting till 85+ def)

bsmovies.png

for starters my computer yes could use and upgrade as it only meets the standereds but you should realise we do spend money on other things besides membership and new software/hardware. im saving up for my first car still which i have so far $3500 AUS towards it and still 2 grand away from the total so i cant afford to buy a 1-1.2 grand computer while mine still runs the basics fine (despite crap internet speed) plus my parents are paying of a morgage as we moved into our new house a month ago along with a increase in medicals in our family cant afford to spend money on either me or my sister in large quatities.

off the topic of prices: i personally like runescapes layout as its easier to adjust to compaired to the first time i had a crack at WoW i was all over the place trying to figure out... (what the **** do i do?!?). also there are players who prefer F2P over P2P for example our local TETAU'er Jemathonical.

Popoto.~<3

I've tried a few other MMO's, including WoW, terraworld, second life etc. I can afford to pay a bigger subscription and my computer could easily handle a more complex game but so far no other MMO has been able to hold my attention for more than a month.

I think the fact that Runescape has such a good free play system makes it easily accessible to people new to the genre. There's no big download/cd to buy and its easy to create a new account. Also, its not as full on when you'er a newbie as other RPG's.. i remember loading up Morrowind for the first time and being asked a few hundred questions about what attributes etc. i wanted. . to a casual gamer that can be pretty offputting.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

I can't afford a better computer or internet service provider. I'm not really considered a "noob". So, I can't really play World of Warcraft or anything like that. In fact, I only have 64 Megabytes of RAM.

j0xPu5R.png

im not poor and i have a decent computer

i had heard of and watched others play WoW before i started runescape,

therefore i had interest in playing online rpgs

so i was kind of a newbie to the mmo scene but not really

i think rs is targeted for those who dont want to have to worry about getting a cd, the game is easy access, has large amounts of content, and can be enjoyed by all ages.

^fits my description :D

Scrd_Silence.png

Im not poor and i have a great computer actually, but im going to stay with runescape. Why? Because its a simple game where I have met a lot of friends and its a great price to have hours of enjoyment... i have money for WoW, but im going to stick with runescape till i get bored with it, or till it finally dies.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

This was the second online game I played and I still play it, as for the poor part I wouldn't really think so, because I have a really nice computer, live in very nice area (hehe I haves a olympic sizor swimminger poolie) and I tried out WoW, I just didn't like it. I think Perhaps Runescape>Other MMORPGs

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Behind the possibly deceiving looks of a browser game, RS is a rock solid game in it's own right, and definitly not just for MMO newbies and people with old pc's.

It's just that many younger players stumble across RS as it is quite popular and is a free internet game. But it's suitable for a pretty diverse playerbase, really.

I like runescape because it's a point-and-click kind of computer game. Only other use would be arrows keys to adjust camera angles(new hotkeys are a joke...who actually uses them instinctively...and keyboard for typing. If I wanted to play a game where different buttons had different functions...I would play Halo or something of the sort. I don't want to have to memorize hotkeys. I hate that style of gameplay.

Even tho I'm in college, I can afford the $5 a month(as well as more if I would care to pay for more), but would rather not pay more due to the fact that I have very little time to play(compared to the kids who can spends 8+ hours a day on it)...So I do believe if they did raise the price, I would quit playing due to the fact that I wouldn't be getting my money's worth. It's not that i'm "poor", but more so that money can be better spent on things such as clothes, beer, food, and a gf(dunno about the last one ;))...

w4M8t.png

Both, and many other reasons.

I quit world of warcraft to play RS again because it has like 100x more content than WoW, there's so many reasons.

+1

WoW is just for people who have time to raid imo :anxious:

VIX VIX VIX

Iv just never been able to get into many other MMOs, and RS was really my first MMO. But, its been a long time here,and I cant really see myself leaving. Also the monthly free and lack of do-able updates in WoW really turn me off.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

runescape is huge, and it's cheaper than other mmorpgs of relative size. plus, even though i have a brand new Gateway E295, i prefer not to play anything else simply because i grew up on this game. end story.

I require hugs. Seriously, just give them to me, and youll see your little turtle again.

syal_antilli.png

syal_antilli.png