Summoning being confirmed, other reasons?

One Too Far

Well I guess this coould be the big update with it's existence being released early to cover up the Duel Arena. Or it could be something else ( I doubt it though.)

At to people saying that Jagex's last few skills have been crap. Think about Theiving that is one skill which imo is more pointless and just as boring or more to train as Farming or Con. It also adds barely anything to the game itself. You people have to agree that Jagex's skill making standards are still the same you just are expecting more and respect older skills for no reason.

Costantino.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, O actually only just looked at the RS main page a few minutes ago, and.. WOW, never expected summoning to be just announced so openly like that. But i can't say im not happy that is finally out. I've been waiting since i started playing in early '05 for this to come out.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I personally think Jagex is attempting to "bribe" players. (May not be the right word.)

In the November Behind the Scenes, Jagex stated that they were going to let hints about the "very large update" trickle out over the next few weeks. With no hints in the past few weeks, and a development diary about it this week, something doesn't seem right.

Letting hints trickle out over periods of time is not the equivalent of bluntly stating "Summoning is the 'big update' we mentioned in the November Behind the Scenes."

The reason? In my opinion, they're 'brainwashing' players. They really backed themselves into a corner with the whole 5K maximum stake Duel Arena update, and to cover that up, they said they were releasing Summoning, which many players want.

This is all just my point of view.

~Rcty

Rcty

Well I guess this coould be the big update with it's existence being released early to cover up the Duel Arena. Or it could be something else ( I doubt it though.)

At to people saying that Jagex's last few skills have been crap. Think about Theiving that is one skill which imo is more pointless and just as boring or more to train as Farming or Con. It also adds barely anything to the game itself. You people have to agree that Jagex's skill making standards are still the same you just are expecting more and respect older skills for no reason.

Thieving has been there are long as Ardougne has, in other words since the early days of p2p during RSC. 2003, I believe. The reason why it sucks today is because everything in RS2 is easier to get compared to Rs2. Back before Rs2 was released there was no Runecrafting so runes could only be taken from rune shops (very limited), npc drops (they increased the drops for RS2 because the Rs1 drops were rare and few) and guess what...omg thieving. High level thieving used to be extremely profitable. It was the RC of Rs1. Now who are the richest skillers in RS2? The rc'ers. :roll:

Hm, very good thought. I wasnt too impressed with Summoning. If there was going to be a new skill, I had so many other ideas, but so far the way they worded it confuses me. There are still missing parts however, including: how to get xp, what to do at different levels, etc. And what would we need a dog for in combat anyways? But if we could summon our handy whip from the bank at any time, then thats a WHOLE different story! :D

postedimage.png

I personally think Jagex is attempting to "bribe" players. (May not be the right word.)

In the November Behind the Scenes, Jagex stated that they were going to let hints about the "very large update" trickle out over the next few weeks. With no hints in the past few weeks, and a development diary about it this week, something doesn't seem right.

Letting hints trickle out over periods of time is not the equivalent of bluntly stating "Summoning is the 'big update' we mentioned in the November Behind the Scenes."

There have been hints.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

I hate to say it....but I dont think summoning is the ONLY thing that is coming with this huge update.

I think summoning will have somthing to do with it of course, but remember, they will be telling us more in the next 3 issues of the Development Diaries. They also have to intergrate summoning into the game and with other skills.

I hope it comes in the form of pet drops, and that you have to tame them. Certan types of creatures will do certan types of work. With higher levels of summoning, you will be able to tame newer and better pets.

Also, there will probaly be some kind of HP cost for bringing the creature out, limmiting the PvP posabilities.

Overall, I may just have to become mems again a few months after this comes out, just to try it. :thumbsup:

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Thieving has been there are long as Ardougne has, in other words since the early days of p2p during RSC. 2003, I believe. The reason why it sucks today is because everything in RS2 is easier to get compared to Rs2. Back before Rs2 was released there was no Runecrafting so runes could only be taken from rune shops (very limited), npc drops (they increased the drops for RS2 because the Rs1 drops were rare and few) and guess what...omg thieving. High level thieving used to be extremely profitable. It was the RC of Rs1. Now who are the richest skillers in RS2? The rc'ers. :roll:

Both are RS2 and RSC are considered different games, one is just a father. And this thread is about RS2. And ever since RS2 was born Theiving has been near-pointless.

Costantino.png

I don't think THIS is the big surprise Jagex will give us in January... It's a HUGE update, yes, but I have a gut feeling there's more to it than the almighty summoning skill.

You are correct :)

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

I don't think THIS is the big surprise Jagex will give us in January... It's a HUGE update, yes, but I have a gut feeling there's more to it than the almighty summoning skill.

You are correct :)

Would be a cool trick by Jagex if they are just fooling a bit around with us these days with the summoning. :P

I'm still hoping like hell that it will be RS3 lol. If RuneScape got a better graphic it would be the best game in the world. WoW wouldn't stand a chance. The gameplay is simply just better in RuneScape.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

I agree exactly with you. They are just trying to draw us away from the big impact that staking is now pretty much officially dead.

~Demon

Sad enough, I think you're right. But I can't wait for summoning to come out.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Sounds almost like Pokemon to me. I was really hoping for a continent tbh but this looks pretty cool too. Definitely not annoyed at it as everyone seems to be when they know nothing about it at all...

Like other people have said though, they've let a lot info go at one time it seems. I'm assuming there's still some big implication of it that they're hiding (good or bad) that they're going to hint at more.

Back to the pokemon thing; from the pictures from the other thread and the similarity between the jackolope and wolperting (sp?) I'm thinking that they may have some kind of 'evoloution' like training them so they get better at whatever it is they help you with

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

40 Barrows trips, 4 Barrows equipment (Guthans Helm, Veracs Helm, Ahrims Skirt, Dharoks Helm)

If you read the the second paragraph in the part about the march BTS, they say that there are still 4 other things to do, one of them being impossibly at this time. Well, as I'm sure everyone knows, 4-1=3, and 3+1(summoning)=4, and there are 3 other diaries left in this, so it could easily be the other 3 things left to do that are currently possible to do.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

I haven't seen any comment on this picture yet

devdiary.jpg

Its related to the article about summoning so maybe it has to do something with it? for people that doesnt look on the runescape main page for more then 1 second, scroll down and look at recently added articles.

There are a lot of pictures (Look at the Land of the Goblins one) that have nothing to do with their topic. But that one looks like it might be part of a quest, maybe an eclipse or some sort of astronomy quest.

Also, the concept artist on the top of the diary has an outline of some monster drawn. And let's not forget the blue and white wolf on the frontpage.

If you read the the second paragraph in the part about the march BTS, they say that there are still 4 other things to do, one of them being impossibly at this time. Well, as I'm sure everyone knows, 4-1=3, and 3+1(summoning)=4, and there are 3 other diaries left in this, so it could easily be the other 3 things left to do that are currently possible to do.

There are going to be 4 diaries for the summoning skill, not 1 diary and then 3 diaries on other updates.

This is too complex to suddenly just use as a cover for the staking cap. It's like Apple updating iTunes for WIndows Vista only, and when everyone gets pissed they say they'll come out with a new iPod in 2 months.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Some new things on the pictures:

If you right click the blue wolf and save the image, the name of the image is spiritwolf.

And that icon for the development diary I think is the same for all the development diaries. The title of that image is devdiary.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

it is probably going to take the stakers mind off duel arena but if they want

to be a tank ranger, and the new summoning skill does raise the cb lvl

then they will forget about it and still rant on about Duel Arena.

i dont like this summoning idea i think it will cause a lot of lag and

the servers will crash. :thumbdown:

anyway i bet there is going to be a rant for this update there always is

:lol: <.< :thumbdown:

siggyll6.png

1800.png

Another thing I discovered. The third letter that the Chaos Elemental responds to mentions something about animal lore, the precursor to summoning.

"Seasons pass for animal lores, magical chores" - Chaos Elemental

I've decided to create a thread on all the information I've collected about summoning.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26