Tip.it Times Presents: Fame

MPM

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip.its right. People every where want to be famous but is it worth it. I no many people going I hope one day ill be the next zezima or Ill have 99 in every skill with 200m exp in each first just so i can be famous. But is it worth it. Wouldnt you rather just some kind deeds and maybe one day people will know your name. Help some people out by helping with quests posting on tip or helping with forum posts. Repair some grave stones and people might remeber you for saving there wip and multi million$ costum. just think about it.

banneruh3.jpg

A good article. Fame and power and are things people strive to get, but in the end it usually comes back to bite them (or they don't like how people treat them because of it).

It is true that on runescape their are a couple famous names, but they are not known by everyone. Only RS players. If you are trying to get famous over an online game then good luck becoming like Chuck Norris famous.

You can not have power on Runescape. Mods can. But normal players have absolutely no power other than maybe a poll or two.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Who would want fame in any MMORPG? A llittle bit of time spent for RS to relax is universal... but taking mroe time to be famous is more a waste of time, unless if one can't do anything better.

If you have the time to write an RS guide, instead write a letter to your public representative or do hospital volunteering to better your community. But if you seriously don't have anything better to do, there's no problem with expanding Tip.it.

On 12/10/07, Jagex emerged victorious from their war against the mechanical swarms of Real World Traders.

But in the battle, we, the spectators, lost one of our closest friends...

We will always remember you, Merchanting. May the question live on.

Question.jpg

being a lvl 48 with a blue party hat and a smithing cape gets me a lot of recognition...it does get old though.

"omg how did you get a phat?"

i wear the hat because i like it...the attention is the last thing i could want.

could only imagine how Zezima feels lol

fame just isn't good in my eyes...well it's not bad, but it is rather annoying. i just wanna play in peace.

Sorry but seams like a gimmick to make us want to submit guides and corrections. Plus "... that it's aready become a common rule that you bless or repair a gravestone you pass by?" is totally wrong, could someone please stop trying to subliminally make us want to do things and weird things at that.

Fame isn't one thing to become, but yet these young and new players going out for the famous players. One thing, most of these so called famous players are either jerks or really nice people, half the time it's the vice. Now I've psoted on these forums a bit, and people have noticed me around the chats, not saying it's fame, but I jsut say people recognize me, and say "Hyt, oh yeah cool name :P".I wouldn't want fame, but I would really want 200m exp in a skill, but sometimes fame is tagged on to certain things, and sometimes it's inevitable. Fame=tabloids=lies about your mother and such :-w =bad fame...

Oh yeah, loved the concept in the article, keep em coming :wink:

~The 60 errrrmm Old Poet :-X ~

Thanks for the rates guys <3:

And no, my sperm only goes to my gf....so'z.

Sorry for being off topic but while it's here..... I would actually disagree with the GE simplifying merchanting, it seems to be allot more complex now, with chance greater rewards for those who can predict future changes in the markets.

Predictive expertise is technically not really merchanting, but rather speculating or investing. Don't get me wrong though - it is certainly an interesting new feature offered by the Grand Exchange. In fact, I already stated in various other threads that I would have loved this update if I would still be playing this game.

But merchanting is essentially about short-term profitting of the natural price ranges that exist on items. The social interaction and complexity that was formerly involved in getting people to know what you are buying and building webs of buyers and sellers is soon gone. That certainly is a significant loss for the merchanting part of the game (despite being one that only few will really be aware off).

I think the new system requires much more skill and judgment rather than just buy low sell high.

It's different, but I am confident that the new system will make it easier (or should I say: more convenient?) for those who know what they are doing.

It was a good article and a nice read.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

When I started playing Runescape I didn't know that there were players that had become famous. There are certain names that stand out now since I have played, but I'd still say that would be fame on a small scale. Do you think Zezima has to wear a disguise when he goes to the grocery store? Are the paparazzi camped out at his house?

My family doesn't know anybody from this game. Most of my friends don't even know that I play. It's not like I stroll into work the next day and yell, "Guess who just got a mining level!" Nobody cares.

Nobody knows me in the game. I don't expect anybody to ever know my name. I don't play to get noticed. I play because it's fun. I was in a clan with two players who have maxed out their skill total. Both of them have said they rarely get a second look.

As far as power that would involve loyalty. Everybody's loyalty shifts, even my own. Within the game just play for enjoyment. Having friends that you can speak deeply with and count on should be enough for anyone.

Very interesting article. I suppose there are some players who play the game with grandiose plans of fame or power, even if they can't admit it. :-w

rssig2.png

A very wise article in my oppinion, now everyone will take "the editors" advice and post maturely (not that people don't) :) .

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Very nice thoughts by the editor. I must say that it makes you think about why certain people and even yourself does some things. I mean look at all the people at sporting events who streak or other things like that.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

I agree with everyone when saying this article is good. And it does make you think. When I first started RuneScape I wanted fame and powerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæand money. Now that it is two plus years later I have not yet found fame, power, or money. But I continue to work at it. I know I wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get fame, but if I could I could get money. And I can probably get a high level easier than money and a lot more than fame. More and more people are reaching fame where it is no longer really fame. So whatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s left? Well one could reach fame in having an awesome clan or master at Bounty Hunter. I mean, since they added these new updates, wither we hate them or like them they give players another chance at getting that fame. But soon everyone would try to get it. So fame is pointless in the game unless you play for that sake of funÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæthen would you find fame as you kill of every lower (and higher) level in Bounty Hunter are max out almost every skill but cooking and smiting. But by then you would have stopped playing or not care for the fame anymore.

And yes, FooK A Ji is right. The money people want more than the fame. But I wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t make a bet to streak a football field for like $100, especially since IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m a girl.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I disagree with the whole purpose that fame does not achieve power. If the term "power is achieved in numbers" is true then any famous person is powerful. Famous people have influence over others because other people will go to the end of the Earth and back just to meet them and satisfy thier every need.

Example: Zezima posts on forums for everyone to come to varrock and give him 1k on world 1. I think if he did this more than 50k people would come and give him a free 1k just to meet him.

Therefore famous people do have power because of their influence on others to get them to do what they desire.

But interesting read :)

the author is just trying to say that a powerful person need not necessarily be famous. true a famous person does have more powerful than the ordinary tom, [bleep] or john but it is not common for someone who "specializes" in fame to be more powerful than someone who "specializes" in power. that example which the author gave about Rowling and the 4 star commander was quite good and i sure did not know about the 4 star commander and can't even remember his name now even but that said i'm sure the power he wields is at least 10 times more than Rowling.

you gave that example of zezima being powerful for being famous but think about this: i actually did not know who andrew gower was till 2 years ago but once i started playing rs 5 years ago i already knew who zezima is. yes true zezima can gather lots of people this way but with one click of andrew gower, zezima can wave his account good-bye. think about that power gower wields and i can bet with you that more people in runescape know zezima than andrew gower.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png