17 December 2007 - Future Changes to Recent Updates

Jordanweb

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just give jagex sometime and they improve pking.

Why improve it when they could just bring back the old system with limitations that would kill RWT but leave everything in that the rest of us liked about it?

Because the old system sucked.

:D

I just realized lending means we can lend our precious Holiday Items to friends to wear, without fear that they may run away with them.

I'll laugh if they die....wearing the rare.

Hopefully the rare is returned or -.-

^ Wouldn't work.. If any borrowed item was returned to the owner upon death then all you'd need to do is borrow the items you wanted to use in (for example) Bounty Hunter and hey presto no risk of losing items..

I'm not sure how they'll implement it, but it's obvious that a lot of thought needs to go into it to prevent people taking advantage of something like the above, but also to protect the lender from losing their stuff.

Personally, I'm not sure that this idea will work too well. Although there are some easy solutions - for example with Bounty Hunter "you may not enter this area as the items you are holding are borrowed" but there are plenty of other places in the game where it is possible to die, and would be advantageous if you didn't lose any of the items you're holding when you do.

Additionally, if there was no risk in lending out items, consider the number of people that will turn into 'borrowing noobs' the old "free stoof plox" will turn into "borrow ur phat plox" overnight!

Mordendravid.png

No complants, but lets see the rants forums?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

The fact that they nuked the old wildy and hand over some half-assed namesakes in its place just shows how little thought they put into this update.

Actually, it supports the contention that they did this because they felt they had to.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Why improve it when they could just bring back the old system with limitations that would kill RWT but leave everything in that the rest of us liked about it?

and what would that be? how about using the suggestions forum on the rsof instead of being here and complaining.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Because the old system sucked.

-1 i disagree

parody of your sig since most of the times on these forums you make no sense.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

I just realized lending means we can lend our precious Holiday Items to friends to wear, without fear that they may run away with them.

^ Wouldn't work.. If any borrowed item was returned to the owner upon death then all you'd need to do is borrow the items you wanted to use in (for example) Bounty Hunter and hey presto no risk of losing items..

I'm not sure how they'll implement it, but it's obvious that a lot of thought needs to go into it to prevent people taking advantage of something like the above, but also to protect the lender from losing their stuff.

Personally, I'm not sure that this idea will work too well. Although there are some easy solutions - for example with Bounty Hunter "you may not enter this area as the items you are holding are borrowed" but there are plenty of other places in the game where it is possible to die, and would be advantageous if you didn't lose any of the items you're holding when you do.

Additionally, if there was no risk in lending out items, consider the number of people that will turn into 'borrowing noobs' the old "free stoof plox" will turn into "borrow ur phat plox" overnight!

I was reading this topic till the end hoping nobody said this before I would, but well you did :D I wanted to say the same and I totally agree with you. A F2Per would lend his Full Rune to his friend and then his friend is going to kill some giant spiders, when he dies he go get prayer in Lumbridge where his friend will stand with the full rune and he can go die again.

Since pretty much everyone who goes to sara godwars is in a team and soon with lootshare on. How will those hilts ever get in the economy again? :?

Since what I am thinking is that it will be deleted from runescape, only to be replaced by gp. Meh, just have to wait I guess. No interrest in coming back for a 1v1 arena wich might come as late as June.

They said they were thinking a way that it goes onto the bGE but sellprice is automagically split between the team.

That means u all get gp stead of item, but hilts still filter into circulation

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

30k is still chump change. 100k or hell, even 300k, would be far more fair and would still not allow RWTs to profit. Most trades vary between 50-100k per trade. No one using a disposable account will spend the MONTHS it takes to get the stat requirements AND go through the process of completing all quests just to be able to trade freely. They will just move on to a different game, which is Jagex wants. That's why I think the cap needs to be higher for those with max or close to max Quest Points.

td2sig.jpg

I was reading this topic till the end hoping nobody said this before I would, but well you did :D I wanted to say the same and I totally agree with you. A F2Per would lend his Full Rune to his friend and then his friend is going to kill some giant spiders, when he dies he goes to the prayer altar in Lumbridge where his friend will stand with the full rune and he can go die again.

They will have to take their time to work through the lending system.

Imagine: meet a new person and you ask to borrow their whip to try it out. You go off together to DK's or other high-level monster. You're both fighting away and he logs out. You lose your whip and begin fighting DK's with your bare hands. He then logs back in and loots your gravestone. I'm sure there are people out there who would be that mean.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

Imagine: meet a new person and you ask to borrow their whip to try it out. You go off together to DK's or other high-level monster. You're both fighting away and he logs out. You lose your whip and begin fighting DK's with your bare hands. He then logs back in and loots your gravestone. I'm sure there are people out there who would be that mean.

1) They stated that upon logging out, you would receive the item back.

2) You cannot loot other peoples' graves. Once the grave crumbles, your items go buh-bye. Therefore, there is NO profiting off others' deaths.

td2sig.jpg

Well that's just perfect! Since they have decided to fix up lootshare then that means that I have absolutely nothing against this update. Awesome! ::'

We can't loot gravestones. The friend's only incentive to do such a thing would be to try and hurt you (for no gain). That, or an accidental dc.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

If all items that you lend out are returned to you when the person that you lent it to dies, then any duo that likes to kill Boss monsters will just swap equipment before they go. That way if either person dies, no items are lost (except for drops that person got, but Jagex may even eliminate that with their "LootShare to GE" fix).

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

Many of those ideas sound.. familiar. :D

Glad to see they are planning to take action. The GE changes should be done before they cut off trading, though.

Hehe, as I was reading it I thought "Hang on, I swear I've seen this list on TruthScape... possibly in the same order".

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I was reading this topic till the end hoping nobody said this before I would, but well you did :D I wanted to say the same and I totally agree with you. A F2Per would lend his Full Rune to his friend and then his friend is going to kill some giant spiders, when he dies he go get prayer in Lumbridge where his friend will stand with the full rune and he can go die again.

Undoubtably Jagex will impose limits on WHERE u can use lended items and WHAT items can be lent. What happens with death will be an interesting one to see.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Awesome. Simply put, awesome.

See, they are trying to fix this, and make the game still playable..

paw claw, thats why they are looking into it carefully..they cant let things like that happen.. id imagine if they die the item goes back to the owner ?

Quest points for staking limits...another shot at pures? :)

35b9enp.jpg