17 December 2007 - Future Changes to Recent Updates

Jordanweb

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as like the last few updates, these really don't affect me either :?

except for the 30k... thing... that will make trading easier a lot easier for everyone. i'm kind of the loner type, i don't have any close friends, and since i'm F2P, no boss killing, so there is really no use for lending/ being lended too. lending items is going to be annoying to all high lvl people.

lol, imagine when Zezima logs in "FR33 St00f Pl0x?!?!?!?!" it's gonna take down the whole flippin server. :XD:

1.) I speak for myself here, but I don't want any freaking minigames masquerading as a replacement to the wilderness.

2.) First of all, 30K is a joke. Second of all, most people who stake don't quest. I don't see why Jagex is trying to tie two completely unrelated tasks to one another.

3.) Can't really comment.

4.) Once again, this works under the assumption that you give items to your friend with the intent on getting it back. That's great for those instances where you're lending an item to your friend, but what if you want to 'give' your friend an item?

Remember that 30K is not the limit of the overall trade value, just the disbalance.

Yes, if that amount if the entire risk factor (such as duelling), than its as dead as it was. But it does make a difference in other cases, notably trade. For example, if I want to buy a whip without using GE, finding someone who's willing to trade within 3K of my offer is very hard, but finding a 30k margin is much easier and pretty close to the actual market fluctuation before GE was introduced.

In fact, the only items where this range would still be too low are the _very_ high end items - rares, 3a stuff, etc. In other words, the items where you can trade like 100k over and under the average price without it being considered a rip-off. High-end merchants are still in the dust (especially rare merchants), but for the "smaller burgeoisie" the 30k offers a bit more breathing space.

As for gifts... Yes, Jagex made it pretty clear they don't want you giving away full barrows etc, and while they only justify it on "rwt" grounds, I suspect the real reason is also because they just don't want you giving freebies to someone, instead of them "earning" it themselves. I suppose there is _some_ justice - as a noob, going through bronze-> barrows armor sets is a fun challenge in itself, and if someone just gives you full barrows it's almost like using a money cheat in a single player game, all the fun is gone. Do I think it compensates for all the drawbacks? Heck no. But I'm not the one to decide, and as much as I hate this new initiative, I don't want to be a blind fanatic in my hate, but rather look at the subject from all possible viewpoints.

Also, remember, the 30K limit is only 15 minute long. If you really hang around a friend often, you'll easily transfer 500k or more per day to him. In 2-3 days he'll be able to buy a barrows set.

Well, TBH, of course, I assume the player in question has all quests done. The average P2Per probably has around half, so the limit is more like 15K, but you can still finance your friend's barrows in about a week if you play together often. Also, this may give players incentive to actually do quests, which really are the best part of RS. I won't lie when I say that (IMO) the quest system in RS is better than any other MMORPG I ever played, this includes WoW/GW.

As for F2Pers... Yes, their max quests will only give them like 5k transfer limit, but remember that for stuff other than rares you don't really need a lot of money in F2P. A full rune set costs about 200k, which means that the time to give your F2P friend a full rune set will be the same as the time to give your P2P friend a full barrows set.

In short, Jagex took away the 50 pound ball and chain tied to our feet, and replaced it with a much better 30 pound one. We oughta thank em for that!

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

I still don't understand why they just don't take a page from one of their updates that was actually useful (GE) and use percentages for trades and stakes.

I mean no person buying gold is going to give something else to a RWT'er in return for gold. They gave their real money why would they give up something in the game after that.. :-k

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

I still don't understand why they just don't take a page from one of their updates that was actually useful (GE) and use percentages for trades and stakes.

I mean no person buying gold is going to give something else to a RWT'er in return for gold. They gave their real money why would they give up something in the game after that.. :-k

Simple reason. Let's say there's a 10% disbalance limit, just like the GE. I want to buy 1 mil gold. Seller tells me to meet him and bring 10 mil gold with me. I do that. Then seller trades me 11 mil and I trade him 10 mil. I end up with the 1 mil I paid for.

Yes, it requires me to have the original money, but also remember that the difference in trades is only 15 minutes. With 10% disbalance, I can double my original deposit in 7 trades, no matter whats the size. So if I have 100 million, it'd logically be wrong to let me RWT another 100 million in less than 2 hours of trading.

Maybe not implementing this system at all would be better in the first place, but if you are determined to do so, you gotta use fixed numbers or its as good as nonexistent.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

The suggestion I once posted was that when you lend an item, the lender sets a time of return: 1 hour, 12 hours, 24 hours, or 48 hours. The item is automatically put into the collect box at the GE (Add another slot for lended items.) Any lended item will automatically be given an infinitely high protect value, can not be alched, sold, transformed, used if it's an arrow or chinchompa or the like, eaten, used in construction, dropped, destroyed, or used in the quest, taken into the Abyss, withdrawn from bank if the borrower is skulled, or borrowed by someone that is currently skulled.

Basically, it would automatically be returned, and there's no conceivable way of getting rid of it, although you could return it prematurely. Also, disconnecting doesn't help since it still gets placed in the box after the time period (Just like buying things while logged off.)

I wouldn't be surprised if Jagex implements something like that.

The only problem i see with that is the lending of armour/gear. Want to go to a dangerous area and not risk items? Lend each other your armour and if you die, it just goes to your collection box. They could just not allow lended items to be taken to high risk areas/bosses.

There are still problems with the proposed lootshare update as well. For a while now, a partner and I have been doing god wars nearly every day. Our goals are sara god sword for me, and an armadyl one for my partner. We got the sara hilt first, but with the future loot share, that item would be sold and split between us. Now what? Spend another week there and hope to get a second hilt so I can just buy one? That was not even the point in the first place. We do it for the fun of getting ourselves the two most expensive god swords with out involving a single penny. Instead, we both would get half the gps from the drop, when we did not want any profit from it at all.

Basically, what if we are monster killing with the intent of getting the items for ourselves for free? Thousands of players do this; a solution is needed here as well.

I really hope they develop a way to just give away items and money. This is one of the best parts of the game, spending my time helping others get what they donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have. A younger friend I have known for some time just got 70 attack, spending a week training to get it. I bought him a whip as a gift.

Here is a second scenario- The bandos boss is killed using a "tank". This person takes all the hits from the boss, while the others attack him. During the trip, the tank is given extra food and pots by the team. 30k gps may still not be enough to get around that.

Thanks to bots and those that support them (by purchasing the gps), free trade has pretty much been eliminated from the game.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Simple reason. Let's say there's a 10% disbalance limit, just like the GE. I want to buy 1 mil gold. Seller tells me to meet him and bring 10 mil gold with me. I do that. Then seller trades me 11 mil and I trade him 10 mil. I end up with the 1 mil I paid for.

Yes, it requires me to have the original money, but also remember that the difference in trades is only 15 minutes. With 10% disbalance, I can double my original deposit in 7 trades, no matter whats the size. So if I have 100 million, it'd logically be wrong to let me RWT another 100 million in less than 2 hours of trading.

Maybe not implementing this system at all would be better in the first place, but if you are determined to do so, you gotta use fixed numbers or its as good as nonexistent.

Makes sense. Glad someone could finally explain it to me with a logical answer. Not just "shut up, they shouldnt do it at all!@#!@#@!!!!!"

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Thank you EugenyG for laying it out for ppl.

Having just read 6 pages of this and seeing basically that ppl wanted 100x not 10x making 300k tradeable/duelable every 15 minutes I was kind of astonished that allowing something like 300k limits.

300k limits would allow RWT back into the game. 300kx15minutes= 1.2million that can be passed per hour per gold trader if they had maxed out whatever was needed.

Now someone posted what the going $ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã rate for 1 mill RS gold awhile ago what it was I cant remember i think it may have only been a few pounds or dollars but it was easily enough to pay a sweatshop goldfarmer and for the boss to keep a large majority.

sined_starbo.png

The item lender isn't such a bad idea, Jagex will have to put plenty of work into it to get it just right though. :-k

Glad to see people arn't being too negative about recent/future updates :anxious:

BBZKSIGNATURE.jpg

Click my HAWT siggy for my HAWT blog! (:

! 99Attack ~ [9/9/07] 99Strength ~ [5/1/08] 99hitpoints ~ [23/2/08] !

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist".

Basically, what if we are monster killing with the intent of getting the items for ourselves for free? Thousands of players do this; a solution is needed here as well.

They could implement an option - whether you want your drops to be in item or monetary form, possibly at the start of the LootShare session in order to make sure people don't just switch the item/money option to get the item for themselves and only themselves when they get a really good drop.

I knew they'd try and work through the kinks, and I don't doubt that they'll take suggestions into account. They're not going to change anything back to what it had been, though (I've been hearing that way too many times -_-;; ). It's nice to see JaGEx communicate with their players like this, though - keeping us in the loop is very important and does help build a bit of customer contact.

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

I can see nothing but abuse for this new lend system.

If you can not lose your items due to another persons death, what would stop you from going monster hunting with them.

For example, me and my buddy want to go dk'ing. He borrows my Guthans, I borrow his. If you can't lose it when they die, what would be the risk of dieing at all?

i do not think we will be able to lend barrows items. i could be wrong, but the point remains

and what about consumables? food/arrows/runes?

Seems like Jagex thought of all possible possibilities. I think these updates will be good and replace the old wilderness, trade/lending system and lootsharing. The duel arena is still lame though.

So, seems good Jagex. Was quite nice to read.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

I'm doing some serious catch-up on this...

F2P should NOT be penalized in this department!

Yes they should, if they want the full game they should pay for it.

By the time a player has finished all f2p quests they should have moved onto members, if they haven't they are just leeching jagex's bandwidth.

We free players supply you members with your raw lobsters and your yew logs and your coal and your iron ores and your...

First off, Jordanweb, you should not be taking my words out of context like this. Quote and response based on a full paragraph is necessary when you're replying to me, as in the meantime, if you're smart enough, you may understand what I'm talking about. So, nice shooting yourself in the foot there. LOL :lol:

Further, Jordanweb, there are people who are unable to pay the $5/month ever to play as a P2P, and have friends who don't want them gone that are P2P'ers. (I happen to be an F2P with this kind of situation!) Are you trying to hurt those P2P'ers in the process? Are you trying to be flat rude or nasty? HMMMM?!?!? <.<

Now, Jordanweb, the main point I was trying to originally make was, "The 'legal & innocent F2P'ers (which I am one of) should not be treated the same as RWT'ers in any way, shape, or form."

Also, Artificial_Doom_Flavor rather much made a good note of why F2P should be treated more equally with the P2P'ers. F2P is usually handling most of the stuff that P2P buys to be able to blast through their levels so fast. So we need some larger margins (about 10k preferred, which still kills RWT'ers) to work with to be able to sell to P2P at a reasonable price, as well as for trading amongst our own worlds.

Why, Jordanweb, do you think you have so much competition up there in the ranks? Other P2P'ers have been buying stuff to be able to trouble you with. If you're out to cut them down by cheating yourself, then cutting down F2P would be the way to do it. Personally, I would say that if you're not going to buy your supplies from F2P, then I think you should beat those other P2Ps fairly instead of cutting their method off.

BTW, one last note... players fall into 8 categories that I know of these days ...

1.) Good Non-"Pure User" P2P'ers

2.) Good Non-"Pure User" F2P'ers

3.) Good "Pure User" P2P'ers

4.) Good "Pure User" F2P'ers

5.) Noob P2P'ers

6.) Noob F2P'ers

7.) Rule-Breaking P2P'ers

8.) Rule-Breaking F2P'ers

... and while I know that groups #7 & #8 need to both get deep-sixed by Jagex, I know at the same time that groups #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, and #6 should not be getting hurt in the process of killing off groups #7 & #8. Personally, I'm surprised you want to hurt groups #2, #4, and #6, Jordanweb. We F2P are in this fight with you and other P2P against RWT, being rather much as hurt (if not worse so) by this as you are, and not against you, so why pick to backstab F2P anyway?

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

So... they're not going to do a version of BH that's single? Bah. BH would be a lot better if it wasn't possible to form a huge team of rogues...

Besides, a single combat version of BH would probably work a lot better than whatever they have planned. If RWTers tried to use a single combat form of BH they'd have their assigned hunter bounty locating to them and specing them out...

kk first of all BH is CRAP..Y? cuz u dont have freedome, the moment ur in, ur given a target,if u kill any 1 other than ur target u cant pick up anything, if u pick up something u cant leave...

PK is supposed to be the reversal of that, if its multi combat, then its supposed to be teams piling on each other, not some stupid chiilds play. jagex has made us look like little kids. its like being in a play ground with no risks of injury, when the risk is at least half the fun...

RWT...i dun see a problem in that. im not a RWT...but let me tell yall something, RWTz rely on ppl to go on their websites, and believe me when i say, there have been enough scamming websites, that the only pple who would actually go to the RWT sites, are the noobs tryin to search for cheats, and dont know wat scamms they get them selves and their credit cards into. its like those advertisements where they say "u won an xbox 360, give us ur phone, adress, credit card , and we will deliver it to u"... how many pple belive in that? well some might, but when they give out their info, and find suspicious activity on their credit, theyll think otherwize. soo its just a matter of experience, the more experience u get , the more ull learn to not trust stupid websites, like these, and for the 1s without experience, well its time they got some....

This whole RWT vs JaGex thing , to me , is more like a plot to make pple believe that their abuse reports are usefull...

i also think.. that the reason they took our suggestions , is because of the loss of a significant amount of their members. soo we been used as tools. I dont think theyll listen to us much after this when their back on track with their members

now im not pointin any fingers...im jus give yall somethin to think bout...

Dont drink and drive...u might spill ur beerr

stupid RS and its lil forced economy crap!

So... they're not going to do a version of BH that's single? Bah. BH would be a lot better if it wasn't possible to form a huge team of rogues...

Besides, a single combat version of BH would probably work a lot better than whatever they have planned. If RWTers tried to use a single combat form of BH they'd have their assigned hunter bounty locating to them and specing them out...

kk first of all BH is CRAP..Y? cuz u dont have freedome, the moment ur in, ur given a target,if u kill any 1 other than ur target u cant pick up anything, if u pick up something u cant leave...

PK is supposed to be the reversal of that, if its multi combat, then its supposed to be teams piling on each other, not some stupid chiilds play. jagex has made us look like little kids. its like being in a play ground with no risks of injury, when the risk is at least half the fun...

RWT...i dun see a problem in that. im not a RWT...but let me tell yall something, RWTz rely on ppl to go on their websites, and believe me when i say, there have been enough scamming websites, that the only pple who would actually go to the RWT sites, are the noobs tryin to search for cheats, and dont know wat scamms they get them selves and their credit cards into. its like those advertisements where they say "u won an xbox 360, give us ur phone, adress, credit card , and we will deliver it to u"... how many pple belive in that? well some might, but when they give out their info, and find suspicious activity on their credit, theyll think otherwize. soo its just a matter of experience, the more experience u get , the more ull learn to not trust stupid websites, like these, and for the 1s without experience, well its time they got some....

This whole RWT vs JaGex thing , to me , is more like a plot to make pple believe that their abuse reports are usefull...

i also think.. that the reason they took our suggestions , is because of the loss of a significant amount of their members. soo we been used as tools. I dont think theyll listen to us much after this when their back on track with their members

English Plz. #-o

No witty signatures for me :(

English Plz. #-o

wat do u mean english pleasE? its written in english!!!...its spelled in english...and if u are older than 9 (no ooffence :D) u would understand it...its pretty ez to understand the consept...Jagex isnt payin attention to the game, they jus want controll and money

English Plz. #-o

wat do u mean english pleasE? its written in english!!!...its spelled in english...and if u are older than 9 (no ooffence :D) u would understand it...its pretty ez to understand the consept...Jagex isnt payin attention to the game, they jus want controll and money

Lol, just realized I used Plz... #-o No offence, but it is a bit hard to read when you abreviate everything. >.<

No witty signatures for me :(

Lol, just realized I used Plz... #-o No offence, but it is a bit hard to read when you abreviate everything. >.<

kkk relax with the quoting plz.. :P...hmm it might be hard, but thats wat reading glasses are for :P

but any way...i think my ideas are tru to some extent..

^There's no point. Regardless of how many people hate the wilderness update, Jagex simply won't take it back. They're stubborn to a fault. On one hand Jagex claims to care what the players want, but on the other hand they only care what the players want so long as it's what Jagex wants.

^There's no point. Regardless of how many people hate the wilderness update, Jagex simply won't take it back. They're stubborn to a fault. On one hand Jagex claims to care what the players want, but on the other hand they only care what the players want so long as it's what Jagex wants.

That's depressing.