17 December 2007 - Future Changes to Recent Updates

Jordanweb

As promised in last week's newspost, here are some of the initial ideas we have to further improve the player interaction in the game.

1. Expect the first new single-way player-vs-player combat area to hit the game in the first half of next year, along with a number of other PvP updates in the future.

2. As many people have suggested, we're planning to raise the 3,000gp staking/trading limit for certain players. This will be proportional to the number of Quest Points you have, with the top-end being ten-times what it is now! This should still offer protection from cheats, while also giving you more flexibility in your staking and trading activities.

3. We're looking at a way of giving LootSharers the ability to receive their drops as coins straight away, so that large items can be split between the party immediately. To avoid unbalancing the economy, weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re investigating ways that this could be tied in with the Grand Exchange (i.e, with the item in question being sold on the Exchange and the resulting proceeds being split between the team).

4. We are planning on adding an 'item lending' feature to the game. To prevent indefinite loans, you will be able to lend an item for the duration of your session (once either the lender or receiver logs out, the item will go back again). Obviously, we need to design this VERY carefully to cover all eventualities, but we reckon we can work something out.

These are just a taster of the many ideas we have gathered from you or from our developers. They should really improve your enjoyment of RuneScape, without opening the door for real-world traders. This doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t even mention the Grand Exchange, which we can go into more detail aboutÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

The Grand Exchange

We have to hold our hands up and admit that a handful of starting prices were a little off. It was a huge task to get 15,000+ items valued correctly and some slipped through the net. WeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re on the case, though, as we have already formed a team to manage the Grand Exchange!

As well as getting the starting price right, this team will regularly check prices on an ongoing basis, making sure that they naturally and accurately represent the current state of the player economy. Of course, they wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be alone, as YOU will be there to help them! A new Forum, centred on the Grand Exchange, will be available to highlight any concerns you have about prices and marketplace matters, while a new web page is already in the works which will allow you to track item prices over a long period of time.

Some smaller changes to the Grand Exchange:

* Purchased items of a large quantity will be automatically noted

* There will be less unnecessary clicks when buying or selling items

* A ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâ1,000ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ quantity button will be introduced

* Access to single-click increases to your item quantity

:)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of those ideas sound.. familiar. :D

Glad to see they are planning to take action. The GE changes should be done before they cut off trading, though.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Well, at least we'll now be able to stake rune items... and with the way the depression is going, 30k isn't too little for lvls 50-70... but how many lvl 50 to 70s have completed all the quests. Jagex directed the wrong price ranges to the wrong lvls.... But I'm not going to complain, its better at least. :|

No witty signatures for me :(

Well, at least we'll now be able to stake rune items... and with the way the depression is going, 30k isn't too little for lvls 50-70... but how many lvl 50 to 70s have completed all the quests. Jagex directed the wrong price ranges to the wrong lvls.... But I'm not going to complain, its better at least. :|

Dream mentor requires 85 combat, so none of them have.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I sure hope that GE-team gets the prices right...

Sounds good though. Also, I think that 'item lending' will be pretty wicked... I'd definitely lend a rare item to a newbie in Lumbridge :D

EDIT: So, say a player with a trade/stake limit of 30,000 gp trades a player with a limit of 3,000... How would we solve who's trading limit will be used?

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D

They best keep this single match area away from the abyss, and make sure that it is optional.

I am a rune miner. The cost of mining my commodity, before this update, was danger. The cost of yours was also danger, and now there is nothing. I would think you abyss runecrafters would like to see your goods go up instead of deflating rapidly.

:D I laughed when they mentiouned that the max would be 10 times 3k... Whoopee! 30k! Ah well, at least its a bit better than 3k.

Yeah, this still hasn't convinced me to come back.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

people say the 30k ain't alot.

But consider if the GE lootshare > gp thing AND item lend comes in there isn't much your gonna want to do via "unbalanced trades" and what u do i'msure u can keep within the 30k limit

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue