17 December 2007 - Future Changes to Recent Updates

Jordanweb

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how theyre gonna do the 1v1 pk without RWT. Unless it's just pk with no items given back.

That, and it's going to be available "in the first half of next year", which translates into next June, May if you're lucky.

So... they're not going to do a version of BH that's single? Bah. BH would be a lot better if it wasn't possible to form a huge team of rogues...

Besides, a single combat version of BH would probably work a lot better than whatever they have planned. If RWTers tried to use a single combat form of BH they'd have their assigned hunter bounty locating to them and specing them out...

And 30k? Way to be ultra conservative, Jagex. That figure could easily be upped to 100x the pathetic figure it is now without undermining the efforts to stop RWT.

Loving the proposed changes to lootshare and the lend system, though.

I wonder how theyre gonna do the 1v1 pk without RWT. Unless it's just pk with no items given back.

That, and it's going to be available "in the first half of next year", which translates into next June, May if you're lucky.

lol, if its at all desireable then its funny to see all the people who is like, i quit... i put all my items in party pete and left scape. now if they come back they are going to be so pissed.

yea, im going to say april though.

2L2L

With respect to the upper trading half, I think a better idea would be as follows. The logic is that there are 2 general types of "main" accounts which are obviously not bots - skillers and questers.

I'm not talking about pures because everyone knows pures are dead for good. Also, yes, I know there are just high-level PKers, but a lot of bots also use high-level accounts for bone macroing and whatnot, so that leaves skillers and questers.

An option is a 2-path approach to the max cap. You know, like you can get 126 combat by only training melee and not ranged/mage, same idea with only ranged or only mage (prayer req is separate of course).

If Jagex wants to stretch the cap limit between 3 and 30k, the difference is 27K. What if they make it so each skillpoint above 1 gives you extra 10 gold limit above base, and each questpoints gives you 120 gold limit above base, but only the highest of the 2 is counted. EG, with only 2777 SP you get 30k limit, with only 250QP you also get 30k limit, but if you have both, the limit stays at 30k instead of 60k.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

This is like putting a Band-Aid on an amputated leg.

30k limit? What a joke, even with my max quest points.

New minigame that *could* be fun, and *could* replicated the wild of old? Not getting my hopes up.

The monster hunting and the lend systems could be of use, but I am just thinking about the idea of when someone logs out the item being returned. I get frequent disconnections, and so do other people, what about it then?

Oh well, at least my friends who monster hunt will still be in business. I'm glad for them :)

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

The monster hunting and the lend systems could be of use, but I am just thinking about the idea of when someone logs out the item being returned. I get frequent disconnections, and so do other people, what about it then?

If you get disconnected frequently, there are many aspects of the game you cannot enjoy. Like monster hunting, some team minigames, etc. Of course, you could still try to do them, but they'll be either risky or just annoying for others due to your disconnections. Lending items it will be just one of these aspects...

103 combat | 1M+ xp in each skill (lvl73) | 1800+ skill total | quest cape

Level 86 herblore, 85 farming

Since pretty much everyone who goes to sara godwars is in a team and soon with lootshare on. How will those hilts ever get in the economy again? :?

Since what I am thinking is that it will be deleted from runescape, only to be replaced by gp. Meh, just have to wait I guess. No interrest in coming back for a 1v1 arena wich might come as late as June.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

:D

I just realized lending means we can lend our precious Holiday Items to friends to wear, without fear that they may run away with them.

Yep :D.

No more sad stories about players getting their party hats scammed by their "best friends".

The proposed changes look good, not perfect, but certainly better than the current state of affairs. I hope Jagex continues to refine these ideas even after their initial launch.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

:D

I just realized lending means we can lend our precious Holiday Items to friends to wear, without fear that they may run away with them.

I'll laugh if they die....wearing the rare.

Hopefully the rare is returned or -.-

icecube7.jpeg

I hope Jagex finally understands that communication is the key. Tell us what you are doing, tell us: "I feel your pain." in the best Bill Clinton impersonation you can muster. Otherwise, the speculations will rage uncontrolled.

As to the updates, 120K per hour is much better than 12K per hour, but I hope they will look at increasing it again. I wonder how this will work with F2P, since they have fewer QP available to them. I also hope that as the GE matures, they will loosen the reins sllightly on the +/- 5% range, and remove the fixed lower limits. As soon as an item drops below the High Alch value, demand will increase and the cost will naturally rise. The market will take care of itself if they let it. Not completely uncontrolled, mind you, but looser than what it is right now.

There is 3 things i demand to have fun in runescape:

Free Price Demand at GE

A way to sell our Rare items from Boss hunting through GE

Gravestones Hold a bit longer. If a friend of mine dies at bandos boss room, he will probably not get the items he lost back. I know, that you will say that it's very possible for him to get his items back.

But it ain't, cause when he dies he must get god items (To avoid getting attacked in GWD) and run fast to God wars which takes 5-10min. Then he must get his KC up which takes 15-20Min. In mean time those of us who diden't die must bless his gravestone so that it don't crumble...

13 prayer points is drained per bless = gives 14 min. But doing all this is unfair, cause gravestones are there to help us get our items back. But at god wars it don't work. Fighting Bandos Boss is hard, having a gravestone to keep repaired in there too makes it a pain.

So i hope that if we die at Bandos boss, our gravestone ends up at the bandos stronghold.

Please Comment ::'

1. This will be nice for the pkers who like to fight 1 vs 1 can't wait to see that happen to some can be happy.

2. This doesn't sound too bad though I wish it were about 5k to start instead of 3k.

3. This is probably the best idea they are pulling out for lootsharers I really cannot wait to see this happen so that soon I can be able to on the few Bandos trips I've been on with my friends again.

4. As for the Grand Exchange it's nice that they are updating this and fixing it I don't expect them to get the prices right first or second time around seeing as there are so many items to go around. But it's a good idea of them to give the GE it's own forum so players can help out.

xxteargodxx.png

10 times for all quest eh? If you are a f2p it will be like 2 times...

Yeah, that upsets me. F2P should NOT be penalized in this department! We're still getting lumped in with the RWT'ers! <.<

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

F2P should NOT be penalized in this department!

Yes they should, if they want the full game they should pay for it.

By the time a player has finished all f2p quests they should have moved onto members, if they haven't they are just leeching jagex's bandwidth.

F2P should NOT be penalized in this department!

Yes they should, if they want the full game they should pay for it.

By the time a player has finished all f2p quests they should have moved onto members, if they haven't they are just leeching jagex's bandwidth.

We free players supply you members with your raw lobsters and your yew logs and your coal and your iron ores and your...

just give jagex sometime and they improve pking.

they improve sharing drops.

and sharing with friends without even getting scammed.

and rwt takes another blow

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin