17 December 2007 - Future Changes to Recent Updates

Jordanweb

but we reckon we can work something out

Jagex under new management? :lol:

Rofl, seriously, I don't remember them ever talking like this. Do English people talk like that? It's south american slang.

Anyway, the newspost. Not really happy, but I didn't expect to be. The wait period for 1v1 pking (if I read it right; "first new single-way player-vs-player combat area") is apalling. The staking limit being raised with more QP is an interesting thought but not many stakers have high QP. Just shows they're trying to keep us hanging on so they can save some of the players with these "things will be back to normal during the next half a year, so stick around" kind of posts.

The ULTIMATE Runescape weapon

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solidus - I guess we disagree on the magnitude of the changes they are proposing.

3k to 30k is not much, and the GE sounds like rather than being freed up as it should be, it will be put under the thumbs of an unresponsive bureaucracy. I am not looking forward to Jan 2.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I really liked this post. Now wether or not this is going to be like the summoning post from 4 years ago whre they promised us stuff we don't know. I'm glad Jagex is looking for solutions to the prblems but the stake cap at 30k will still be ridiculous. If somebody is maxed out on qp there I honestly doubt that they will be cheating and I doubt the cheaters are going to bother getting all the QP. 30k is still not alot considering all thwe work to to get all 250 qp (or w/e). I'd rather see something like 3m or something.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

News looks good, but could be better.

Like everyone has said, 30k still isn't a lot, especially for max QP.

Also, what if you lend someone something, lets say dragon boots, but they have 4 things that protect over it. They go to bandos, he dies, you can't rescue your boots. What happens? If you don't get it back, then people could easily alch/drop your rares that you lend them, and if you do get back, then boss killing will have basically no risk.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

3k to 30k is not much

30k is enough for you to give sharks/brews to the tank at bandos every 15 minutes. 3k isn't. It really depends on what you plan to use the 30k for. If you were hoping for them to loosen up and give you the ability to give 500k per 15 minutes how is that supposed to stop RWTers?

the 30k is only for people to give a low-value item to their friends for various reasons. 3k isn't enough but 30k is. If you're trying to get a big item, the 30k seems like a lot. but then there's no reason not to use GE for a big item.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I think the only sensible way to do the lending feature would be if the taking player cannot alter or consuming the item in any way. (e.g. It wouldn't make sense to lend someone a magic tree seed and have them plant it.)

Keep in mind, for things like pots, which can be consumed, almost all items would fall within the 3k-30k trading restrictions. Expensive items (mostly combat) can only be used without alteration. For those that may (crystal items, barrows, etc.), I think it would be acceptable, in fact necessary, for the deterioration to take place. (i.e. as if that item were being used by the true owner.)

The one exception would probably have to be that the item is lost upon the taker's death. As it stood before the RWT crackdown, a lender was at the taker's mercy as to how the lent item would be used. It should be no different after the change. Now there is no worry about items being real-world laundered.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

The lending system looks pretty complicated. Most of the stuff doesn't pertain to me. I always use my own stuff, not really a big fan of handouts. :P

I'm glad Jagex put their foot down and kept the new updates.

starfox.jpg

Peppy: "Do a barrel roll!"

Fox: "That's your solution for everything..."

Peppy: "Just press Z or R twice!"

Fox: "No, Peppy..."

Why not just keep the lending like it used to be?

I lend an item to a friend. Once it is lended, he is responsible for it. If he dies, too bad, I (the lender) lose...

If he doesnt die, and I, or he, logs out, I get it back.

Simple, no?

Of course this would still be a bit hard if your friend is dk'ing with your gear. You'll basicly have to stay logged in 'till he's done.

And IF he loses it, there's no way for him to refund you. So for the one lending the item, it would be a fight without risks (though, you'll have a mad friend in the end).

I guess this really IS a challenge for Jagex. But hey, they are payed for that 8-)

The monster hunting and the lend systems could be of use, but I am just thinking about the idea of when someone logs out the item being returned. I get frequent disconnections, and so do other people, what about it then?

If you get disconnected frequently, there are many aspects of the game you cannot enjoy. Like monster hunting, some team minigames, etc. Of course, you could still try to do them, but they'll be either risky or just annoying for others due to your disconnections. Lending items it will be just one of these aspects...

200+ dk drops on dial up :roll:

I know the risks of monster hunting on dial up, but what if someone d/c's on a drop? they technically wouldn't get the split which is stupid. Then again, the entire trade update is stupid.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

but we reckon we can work something out

Jagex under new management? :lol:

Rofl, seriously, I don't remember them ever talking like this. Do English people talk like that? It's south american slang.

Yeah I noticed that too when I read it and I thought it sounded different to what they would usually say. :lol:

But onto the future updates, they sound good :)

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

I can see nothing but abuse for this new lend system.

If you can not lose your items due to another persons death, what would stop you from going monster hunting with them.

For example, me and my buddy want to go dk'ing. He borrows my Guthans, I borrow his. If you can't lose it when they die, what would be the risk of dieing at all?

Lol, I had the exact same idea in #tip-it XD

Uga you should come visit us more :(

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

We all knew Jagex would tweak the recent anti-RWT updates. In my opinion, they're not going quite far enough, but hopefully it will satisfy some players for now.

I believe they have to also consider players who have been friends for a long time, and perhaps clan status (once they give more support to this side of the game)

Harrington.gif

I have to say the planned fixes sound very reasonable.

Even the GE fixes sound fine. I don't see any reason why an item should not have a floor price. Every item should have a minimum cost of it's high alch value minus the prevailing price of a nature rune. Still leaves room for nat crafters to make money alching, but not those who wish to buy everything and just alch for profit. Maybe we'll even see some alch prices adjust (or even become varaible themselves) if they use this as the base calculation.

What I am surprised at is the posters on this thread who still just don't get it. Ending RWT doesn't mean just getting the bots out of the game, it means making the process of giving another player 1 million gp so laborious that it becomes unprofitable to do so. It also means making receiving 1 million gp so annoying for the buyers that they can't be bothered.

Staking/trade difference levels need to be at some level where it will always take hours to move 1 million gp (the usual purchase minimum) from any account to any other. 30k difference per 15 minuted may not seem like a lot, but it would still take 8 and a half hours to move 1 million gp. Seems annoying enough to ensure players aren't tempted to buy gp and move it via staking or unbalanced trades.

bop_dravian.png

I have to say the planned fixes sound very reasonable.

Even the GE fixes sound fine. I don't see any reason why an item should not have a floor price. Every item should have a minimum cost of it's high alch value minus the prevailing price of a nature rune. Still leaves room for nat crafters to make money alching, but not those who wish to buy everything and just alch for profit. Maybe we'll even see some alch prices adjust (or even become varaible themselves) if they use this as the base calculation.

What I am surprised at is the posters on this thread who still just don't get it. Ending RWT doesn't mean just getting the bots out of the game, it means making the process of giving another player 1 million gp so laborious that it becomes unprofitable to do so. It also means making receiving 1 million gp so annoying for the buyers that they can't be bothered.

Staking/trade difference levels need to be at some level where it will always take hours to move 1 million gp (the usual purchase minimum) from any account to any other. 30k difference per 15 minuted may not seem like a lot, but it would still take 8 and a half hours to move 1 million gp. Seems annoying enough to ensure players aren't tempted to buy gp and move it via staking or unbalanced trades.

I frankly think it extremely ridiculous that a player cannot establish his trustworthiness and earn or risk his gold however he pleases. I hate to belabor the point, but again, Jagex is putting the enforcement of their rules on the minority breakers before the enjoyment of their players.

:D

I just realized lending means we can lend our precious Holiday Items to friends to wear, without fear that they may run away with them.

I'll laugh if they die....wearing the rare.

Hopefully the rare is returned or -.-

The suggestion I once posted was that when you lend an item, the lender sets a time of return: 1 hour, 12 hours, 24 hours, or 48 hours. The item is automatically put into the collect box at the GE (Add another slot for lended items.) Any lended item will automatically be given an infinitely high protect value, can not be alched, sold, transformed, used if it's an arrow or chinchompa or the like, eaten, used in construction, dropped, destroyed, or used in the quest, taken into the Abyss, withdrawn from bank if the borrower is skulled, or borrowed by someone that is currently skulled.

Basically, it would automatically be returned, and there's no conceivable way of getting rid of it, although you could return it prematurely. Also, disconnecting doesn't help since it still gets placed in the box after the time period (Just like buying things while logged off.)

I wouldn't be surprised if Jagex implements something like that.

What I don't get is why Jagex didn't tell us back in November that these updates were going to happen soon, and that we can help them alter them.... Then we wouldn't have to wait for the horrors of Bullcrap hunter, staking and pking to be fixed. I guess the problem of Real World [developmentally delayed]s must have been that bad?

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

No witty signatures for me :(

Maybe Jagex didn't want to give RWT's time to leave and start infesting another game. Jagex wanted payback, and they hit RWT's HARD...

starfox.jpg

Peppy: "Do a barrel roll!"

Fox: "That's your solution for everything..."

Peppy: "Just press Z or R twice!"

Fox: "No, Peppy..."

:D

I just realized lending means we can lend our precious Holiday Items to friends to wear, without fear that they may run away with them.

I'll laugh if they die....wearing the rare.

Hopefully the rare is returned or -.-

The suggestion I once posted was that when you lend an item, the lender sets a time of return: 1 hour, 12 hours, 24 hours, or 48 hours. The item is automatically put into the collect box at the GE (Add another slot for lended items.) Any lended item will automatically be given an infinitely high protect value, can not be alched, sold, transformed, used if it's an arrow or chinchompa or the like, eaten, used in construction, dropped, destroyed, or used in the quest, taken into the Abyss, withdrawn from bank if the borrower is skulled, or borrowed by someone that is currently skulled.

Basically, it would automatically be returned, and there's no conceivable way of getting rid of it, although you could return it prematurely. Also, disconnecting doesn't help since it still gets placed in the box after the time period (Just like buying things while logged off.)

I wouldn't be surprised if Jagex implements something like that.

I would.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

:D I laughed when they mentiouned that the max would be 10 times 3k... Whoopee! 30k! Ah well, at least its a bit better than 3k.
This could be very useful when you want someone to lend you 2 sharks and a sup restore when DK'ing, or something.
mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!