17 December 2007 - Future Changes to Recent Updates

Jordanweb

Wow.....I'm glad I decided to wait it out. At least after these updates they can build on it and make them better. Damn.....I feel sorry for those who tossed away all their stuff then quit. :?

Don't be. If someone is that impulsive this will serve as a lesson to them. :lol:

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there will probably be limitations on lent items, such as you can't drop it or bank it, for instance.

I'd be willing to bet that there other restrictions, such as a Value limit, number of people you can borrow from at one time, number of times you can borrow in a 24 hour period, etc.

-nat

Wow.....I'm glad I decided to wait it out. At least after these updates they can build on it and make them better. Damn.....I feel sorry for those who tossed away all their stuff then quit. :?

Don't be. If someone is that impulsive this will serve as a lesson to them. :lol:

Agreed. All the reasonable people have been saying "be patient" since this started.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Yeah I just had a bad thought...

If they release the lending feature there is going to be a LOT more "Can I try on ur phat plz". Just because it's safe dosen't mean it will be any less annoying.

what if they dropped it?

Wheather or not the feature is safe isn't my point. Even if it was, it would still be annoying having newbies asking to wear your rares every 5 minutes... <.<

I'd assume Jagex would prevent them from doing anything bad to borrowed items like dropping them, alching them, loosing them when they die (in which case they would probably immediately go back to the owner), taking them into BH ect.

These look very similar to qeltar's suggestions for changing the updates! :D

This is great, they fix most of the problems, but RSOF still isn't going to be happy with the max 30k staking limit.

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

This is great, they fix most of the problems, but RSOF still isn't going to be happy with the max 30k staking limit.

Qeltar, me (just for the LS issue) and countless other people were all thinking along the similar lines (even in the RSOF! Yes, it's crazy). Great minds think alike. ::'

Also, all accusations of "jagex doesn't listen to players" have all been rendered baseless after this information. You simply can't make that claim after jagex followed up on this many suggestions, not only did they listen to players in order to become aware of the issue, the fixes that they are planning were methods suggested by players.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

The wilderness can STILL be returned without facilitating RWT.

exactly :) as i have hoped for that there was a way to kill the danger of the wild for non pkers but kill the wild alive :)

Since pretty much everyone who goes to sara godwars is in a team and soon with lootshare on. How will those hilts ever get in the economy again? :?

Since what I am thinking is that it will be deleted from runescape, only to be replaced by gp. Meh, just have to wait I guess. No interrest in coming back for a 1v1 arena wich might come as late as June.

Ok.. here is the deal.. you and your buds kill and get a hilt drop..

it IMEDITALLY goes onto GE and can't be removed and sells

the profit is split between everyone

just give jagex sometime and they improve pking.

they improve sharing drops.

and sharing with friends without even getting scammed.

and rwt takes another blow

exaclty :)

Queltar, me (just for the LS issue) and countless other people were all thinking along the similar lines (even in the RSOF! Yes, it's crazy). Great minds think alike. ::'

Also, all accusations of "jagex doesn't listen to players" have all been rendered baseless after this information. You simply can't make that claim after jagex followed up on this many suggestions, not only did they listen to players in order to become aware of the issue, the fixes that they are planning were methods suggested by players.

exactly.. we know jagex has ALWAYS listened.. alot of the updates have been influanced by players but because of the development cycle it takes 6 months + to get out the door and ready to play.. so its forgotten :(

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

im interested to see how they deal with lending items that can be changed or destroyed. say you lend someone a fish and they eat it, or you lend someone a cowhide and they tan it, what happens then? i cant really see jagex opting to just give the original item back, but id also imagine it would be pretty hard to pin down all items that can be modified in some way (considering the problems there have been with item prices on the GE) and block them from either being lent or used by the recipient

Yeah I just had a bad thought...

If they release the lending feature there is going to be a LOT more "Can I try on ur phat plz". Just because it's safe dosen't mean it will be any less annoying.

what if they dropped it?

Wheather or not the feature is safe isn't my point. Even if it was, it would still be annoying having newbies asking to wear your rares every 5 minutes... <.<

I'd assume Jagex would prevent them from doing anything bad to borrowed items like dropping them, alching them, loosing them when they die (in which case they would probably immediately go back to the owner), taking them into BH ect.

i understood your point, i was hopping jagex would look into as far as, i lent some1 i do not know an item, i hope they give it back. an oversight of that magnitude surely would cause people ranting about it, and more then likely... we are going to see it and i hate seeing things like that.

This is going to be a lot better then what it is now. Looks like 2008 will be good for runescape. Good job jagex :D

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I can see nothing but abuse for this new lend system.

If you can not lose your items due to another persons death, what would stop you from going monster hunting with them.

For example, me and my buddy want to go dk'ing. He borrows my Guthans, I borrow his. If you can't lose it when they die, what would be the risk of dieing at all?

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Most of these updates seem to be on the right track. There's still a lot to do, but this is good news. As for the lending, I'm curious to see how that'll be implemented.

I'm glad I'll be able to lend my friend rares again, but now I hope I don't get barraged with people who think I'm obligated to let them borrow a party hat just because the system allows it. I'm going to have to deal with so many stories of why people "need" to "try" wearing party hats. People used to joke about me lending them hats, but now it'll be genuine (annoying) requests.

I can also see a form of RWT spring up from that too. People could charge other people cash to borrow an item for a set amount of time they would promise to log on for. There could be a demand for items like party hats or expensive fighting equipment to use for specific things. I'm not sure what the kind of demand there would be for that though. I could see there being trouble if a bot was introduced that kept someone logged in forever though, so people could borrow items indefinitely. Autoers could still get their normal mass gp, then buy a good item. They'd then sell the account with the item to the person and give them the program that would keep the account logged on forever. Then the person essentially bought the mined gp.

Most of these updates seem to be on the right track. There's still a lot to do, but this is good news. As for the lending, I'm curious to see how that'll be implemented.

I'm glad I'll be able to lend my friend rares again, but now I hope I don't get barraged with people who think I'm obligated to let them borrow a party hat just because the system allows it. I'm going to have to deal with so many stories of why people "need" to "try" wearing party hats. People used to joke about me lending them hats, but now it'll be genuine (annoying) requests.

I can also see a form of RWT spring up from that too. People could charge other people cash to borrow an item for a set amount of time they would promise to log on for. There could be a demand for items like party hats or expensive fighting equipment to use for specific things. I'm not sure what the kind of demand there would be for that though. I could see there being trouble if a bot was introduced that kept someone logged in forever though, so people could borrow items indefinitely. Autoers could still get their normal mass gp, then buy a good item. They'd then sell the account with the item to the person and give them the program that would keep the account logged on forever. Then the person essentially bought the mined gp.

I was thinking the same thing, but think of it like this:

The link breaks whenever one of the two accounts logs out, correct? So they'd have to meet every time the account logs out, the game updates, or the servers restart.

Well, I'm also sure Jagex would have a system to detect that there's an account that's doing nothing except lending these items to a single character...all day.

Edit: Also remember that because of the trading limits, the account has to farm the gold to buy the armor by itself.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

the questpoint/trading updates is a good idea imo, this way experienced player get benefits when some level 3 rwt gets the 3k limit :thumbsup:

It could be argued that many rwt do rune mysteries to mine ess.

But equally it can be argued that quest has no requirements and no rwt is gonna spend the weeks - months neccessary to beat most quests (getting requirements anditems)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I was thinking the same thing, but think of it like this:

The link breaks whenever one of the two accounts logs out, correct? So they'd have to meet every time the account logs out, the game updates, or the servers restart.

Well, I'm also sure Jagex would have a system to detect that there's an account that's doing nothing except lending these items to a single character...all day.

Edit: Also remember that because of the trading limits, the account has to farm the gold to buy the armor by itself.

Lending an item over and over isn't breaking any rule though, technically. So I can't see them having probable cause of banning them unless they detected it was a bot that was keeping the player logged on during the same times the main account was logged on for. And yeah, this is assuming the autoer gets to the point where he makes several mil that he can use the bot at it's next stage, all without getting caught before then.

I can see nothing but abuse for this new lend system.

If you can not lose your items due to another persons death, what would stop you from going monster hunting with them.

For example, me and my buddy want to go dk'ing. He borrows my Guthans, I borrow his. If you can't lose it when they die, what would be the risk of dieing at all?

Well, to prevent that, they would probably make it like the assist system - the one assisting (in this case lending) cannot move, and when he/she moves, the link breaks...

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D

150 QP should be 1-3 mill stake every 15 minutes.

That's fair in my opinion, as both accounts would need 150 QPs. Possibly make it 175.

-.-.

And by the time an account can make the money itself, and then sell it to someone through the mini-game they've probably played for a month or two for the questing and quest stats, then another month or two for the cash. ;)

Many of those ideas sound.. familiar. :D

Glad to see they are planning to take action. The GE changes should be done before they cut off trading, though.

Yes they are very fimiliar...as a matter of fact I have seen all of them on tip.it

Or because they're common sense fixes that most people have thought of? That happens to include people on Tip.It.

icecube7.jpeg

Many of those ideas sound.. familiar. :D

Glad to see they are planning to take action. The GE changes should be done before they cut off trading, though.

Yes they are very fimiliar...as a matter of fact I have seen all of them on tip.it

Or because they're common sense fixes that most people have thought of? That happens to include people on Tip.It.

Heh, I recognised the updates too. Maybe Tip.it is just more influential than we thought? \:D/

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Nothing is really good enough for most of you guys.

They just made some RS-life altering changes to stop RWT.

Then they pretty much say "we know this sucked, we're coming up with ideas to make things better"

They announce a bunch of changes which ARE going to be a lot better, and everyone still complains.

Nothing is good enough. I am EXTREMELY happy with the STEPS they're going to take to make the game even better.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Nothing is really good enough for most of you guys.

Yawn.

Jagex must really love how easy to please some of its customers are.

"Nothing is good enough"? Please. What's good enough for me is when someone is honest, and does their best. That's all I ask.... treat me with respect, be honest, and do the best you can.

Has Jagex done their best over the last two weeks? Certainly not. Might they improve in the future? I'm hopeful, but that doesn't negate the giant mess that they made so far. I'm not going to jump for joy just because a week after someone takes a major dump in the middle of the street, they announce that they'll spray air freshener around to lessen the stench.

And as I said before, Jagex has a HORRIBLE record for following through with tweaks to updates. Doesn't the fishing trawler STILL have freeloaders on it, and a net that dumps all your fish on the floor if your inventory is full?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I disagree qeltar. The analogy is more like they have announced they will clean it up and are basically telling they will plant flowers after asking us which color flowers we want.

Translating to, they cleared up all their mess and listened to people's suggestions to improve them.

BlueSig6.jpg