Fireworks

woopidoo2

Fireworks. Will you buy fireworks this year? (As far as it is legal)

Or will you go to a show, with family and friends?

Here in Holland fireworks are legal, and there is alot of trading going on at the area I live. (Illegal too, some dealers have been arrested back in September already.)

Alot of people spend enourmous ammounts of money on fireworks, from ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì100 to many thousands.

In 2007, 960 people were seriously injured by fireworks and 3 people died because of fireworks in The Netherlands.

I have also heard a story from my guitar teacher, he was joking around with some guy and my teacher told him:

'Watch out with fireworks, it would be a shame if you would lose a finger', and the boy said: 'Yes, ofcourse I will'.

Somewhere in January, the guy came to him and told my teacher with tears in his eyes that he had to quit his lessons because fireworks had blown away his ring finger.

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

We smuggle our illegal fireworks in from Indiana under the floor of the car. Set em off in the street in front of the house.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Fireworks are good, if used correctly. I live in the city and at this time of year people set them off and they scare my dogs. They even set them off in the middle of the day too, which is utterly pointless. We will probably have fireworks on new years eve, set a few off to celebrate, but that will be it.

Fireworks are amazing, but they can be really annoying to.

Why on earth would we buy fireworks when we can go to Sydney Harbour and see them there?

The money we save that way can go a long way towards all the booze we will consume in the aftermath.

Why on earth would we buy fireworks when we can go to Sydney Harbour and see them there?

The money we save that way can go a long way towards all the booze we will consume in the aftermath.

All those types are is fun lights. I go for the ones that just explode. Like M-80s.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

M-80s are illegal in the U.S., though. M-80s are not fireworks, they are illegal explosives. I wouldn't risk it.

By the way, those who like fireworks should check out Pyro Universe. It's a great site!

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

M-80s are illegal in the U.S., though. M-80s are not fireworks, they are illegal explosives. I wouldn't risk it.

Too late :D I practically annihilated a gatorade bottle with only one...seriously awesome.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Over here there are government campaigns every year to warn about the dangers of irresponsible use of fireworks. They can be pretty fun; back in the day when Sony was advertising with the posters that were basically just the four buttons in a row, they put out a poster with the exact same row of symbols, except for one missing. This year their campaign revolves around fake Al-Qaeda-like training videos under the name of LAAF (Liberation Army Against Freedom). They even have a website. In the videos, they present fireworks as their weapons, then demonstrate them, followed by a quick message of how to avoid getting hurt the way the 'terrorists' in the movie just did. They even have English versions up:

I had a friend who blew almost his entire hand of using fireworks on the 4th of July soooo no! :uhh:

This is a temporary account. Ash6110 is my real one. As soon as I get my account back I will not be using this one anymore.

Thanks

Ash6110

Fireworks are illegal in ireland but legal in northen ireland so every year i smuggle about 300 euros worth back.

I never buy display fireworks, always just a [cabbage]load of roman candles, airbombs, fire crackers and screamers then me and my friends have massive 5 v 5 fireworks fights that last for about 2 hours and we both build bases..... its great lol

Fireworks are illegal in ireland but legal in northen ireland so every year i smuggle about 300 euros worth back.

I never buy display fireworks, always just a [cabbage] of roman candles, airbombs, fire crackers and screamers then me and my friends have massive 5 v 5 fireworks fights that last for about 2 hours and we both build bases..... its great lol

All your base are belong to me :D roman candle wars are ftw. Better than bottle rocket wars, the stakes are higher. Just make sure you soak yourself with non-flammable liquid prior to battle.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Definalty going to buy lots of them. Fireworks are really popular here in Finland.

In my opinnion just watching others firing fireworks doesn't bring you the feeling of real fireworks, so probably that's why I buy them every single year. We don't really have any firework shows in Finland, so people buy their own ones.

This year we are going to spend the New Year Eve with my second-cousin's family and they are really into fireworks, so I think there is going to be the whole night just firing them :ohnoes:

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

I usually do fireworks on the 4th of July (here in the US) more then on New Years.

It's warmer, so everybody can come out and see. On my street, I'm not sure if they are legal or not, but it is like a neighborhood event. One family always brings them, and we all go sit on their lawn and watch.

Going around at night with teenagers (I am a teenager) lighting fireworks is kind of stupid, easy to get into trouble.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

:shock: You know whats better?

Making your own. You just buy the explosives your self then create your wonders.

:anxious: Bright blue ones make me smile :anxious:

Anyways I usually buy them for the fourth of July not New Years. This time of year I just see as an excuse to stay up late ::' (My friends have the fireworks :-$ )

:shock: You know whats better?

Making your own. You just buy the explosives your self then create your wonders.

:anxious: Bright blue ones make me smile :anxious:

Anyways I usually buy them for the fourth of July not New Years. This time of year I just see as an excuse to stay up late ::' (My friends have the fireworks :-$ )

Someone got killed by making his own fireworks yesterday evening, at 21:30.

(For those who are dutch, I have an article here. Others can watch... the picture -.- )

I still have about 150 simple firecrackers over here, from 2005 #-o

I was thinking about putting all the powder into one giant object (Like a bottle, or tin can maybe) and make that one explode, but I need some more info about 'fireworks exploding without fire' first.

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]