This will make you think.

bsmovies

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to Qeltar: I think the point of this thread is to make it clear that power-leveling services are now replacing gold-farming.

And to everyone else, not all Americans are "ignorant morons". Some of us are actually quite smart :-w .

Actually, the author's point to posting this wasn't to tell us power-leveling services are replacing gold-farming. It was quite clear in his 2nd post.

im more on about, this dude is payed $4 a day, and he dosent want to do the job hes doing, but he has to, to support his family, and hes made to work 12 hour days etc.
icecube7.jpeg

Retaliate at what? All I stated was the image of Americans abroad. I didn't say I agree with that image. What I was saying is that posting stupid stuff like, for example, 90% of this thread, perpetuates a negative image of the US.

Frankly you've reinforced the "overly patriotic and ridiculously think skinned" American image by reporting my post and not reporting the person that wants to kill gold farmers and see them put in prison. :?

This thread is pointless, but there have been 3 people posting about how 'ignorant and clueless' Americans are. I don't agree with anything the author has said, and the thread should be locked. You concentrate on my faults, but why don't you report the thread?

Once again, another person who simply concentrates on stereotypes thinking majority of Americans think so little of the rest of the world :roll:

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

The gold sites started advertising power leveling the day after the changes were announced, so no news there.

As to $4 a day, it depends on context, what the alternatives are, and what things cost as well.

What's the point anyway? That Jagex should allow its game to be corrupted by cheaters because they only make $4 a day? Rather silly argument.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The gold sites started advertising power leveling the day after the changes were announced, so no news there.

As to $4 a day, it depends on context, what the alternatives are, and what things cost as well.

What's the point anyway? That Jagex should allow its game to be corrupted by cheaters because they only make $4 a day? Rather silly argument.

Not to mention there are other ways to make money there. It would be odd for there to only be one way to make money in a town that has 50+ computers and Internet in use.

But then again, the spots would possibly be filled with other workers getting paid to sit at a computer and play a game for 12 hours :roll: . I would assume its better than working in the field for a day.

aquasig2lc8.png

What a stupid moron, she even said she'd get your account banned for Account Sharing/Trading when she said she would tell your friend that someone else is on your account. Communist countries -.-

Do you have a soul for crying out loud? That poor man (in both senses of the word) works $12 hours a day for $4 a day...that means in a week he hasn't earned a full tank of gas. This is a tragedy, and I can't believe you would say something so cruel.

Gas is a lot cheaper in China. Everything is cheaper in China.

And four dollars a day is actually a pretty bad job, even for China. A good job in China is ten dollars a day, at least.

I've heard that there are factories in China that pay $9 a day? :?

'Tis true.

im more on about, this dude is payed $4 a day, and he dosent want to do the job hes doing, but he has to, to support his family, and hes made to work 12 hour days etc.

Did you actually read the post? It said that he wasn't married!

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I'll leave this thread open, but if the personal attacks/insults continue or highten it'll be locked and action will be taken against the accused.

Please try and keep the conversation civil.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Sad, but thats how it is in countries like China. Nothing you can really do about it. There will always be people trying to cheat in runescape, with powerlvling. It also sad that runescape player have to degrade themselves to ask other people to do stuff for them when the can do it themselves if they try. and put there mind to it.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

You have no evidence to support he is American. Your just another idiot living in another country who looks down on Americans since you know, we are all rich, obese, ignorant fools, oblivious to what happens elsewhere in the world. :roll:

Please, next Christmas, try to show your joy in a good way, instead of putting down a group of people based on stereotypes.

This reply confused me muchly as prior to this post I didn't see any mention of america or any things aims specifically at it =S

If it was aimed at my post merely becuz I mentioned uk and went into GBP then it makes no sense at all

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

America's exchange rate is crap anyway, your $50 is only ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã25 to me (I can buy less with $50 than you can). Exchange rates should not be confused with the REAL value of money in different countries. This is the 'mistake' the media make when they take companies to task for only paying people in Thailand $10 a day, $10 a day will buy you a fast food meal in America but will buy you a : 30 mile taxi ride, nice dinner, food for a week in Thailand.

I'm not surprised that goldsellers are moving on to power leveling because tis their only option now, its not as a big a problem as the BILLIONS sold in gold every day.

Edit(to expand/clarify what I mean slightly)When I went to South Africa 3/4 years ago the exchange rate was ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1 - 11 Rand (SA currency). ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1 in the UK can buy a burger, 11 Rand in South Africa can buy you a steak dinner.

I don't get why he can't go work for a factory owned by an American corporation that pays $9-10 a day with better hours. It doesn't take much effort, and they only care about quantity, not quality. I mean, look at the recent lead paint scare. I'm sure it takes less effort to pour molten plastic into a mold, then slap on some paint. Honestly, this guy just can't get off his lazy [wagon] and walk to a job like normal people do. :?

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

desparate people for sure. i cant blame someone out of work and trying to make money to survive but i do blame the people that start up the shops who no doubt do minimal work and pay cheap wages while gaining a dishonest living which is probably more lucrative then many.

as for cheating in runescape. it's a closed chapter pretty much for the gold companies. just an occasional dummy that will buy a program to bot and get banned or someone that will give their account details and lose their account or be banned for sharing accounts. not very significant. the merchanting of rs gold is dead.

not even worth a eulogy really. and no jagex wont be making it easier for them in the future so maybe other gaming companies will take note.

as for this conversation; just reminds me of a telemarketer/salesperson just trying to make a sale. will tell you want to hear. i wouldnt believe anything they said; it's probably all bunk. and they put the offer up there just in case someone might buy it. but i doubt it could be delivered and the account would most likely be banned so $1000? wasted. god who would be stupid enough to pay $1000 for that anyway. totally ridiculous and if you ask me i think these topics should be locked immediately. any discussion about real world trading. and the poor kids trying to buy membership pins from these scum and the scum is using stolen credit cards for their bots and probably the pins; just makes me mad and then they get banned. using stolen credit cards is criminal and should be punished but hard to prosecute if their government doesnt cooperate.

i think we should all appreciate what jagex has done to eliminate rwt and prevent mass scamming and real world criminal activity involving money exchanged for gold etc. in runescape. the shops will just move onto other games as they already have. jagex has made it more difficult for these companies to operate in rs and more difficult for the small fish to scam also. so end the chapter. close the book. time to get on with producing game content and less policing.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

theres nothing that can be done about this issue, but its not like it matters either way, only an idiot would go for something like this, 9/10 times you will get banned for account sharing, they will find you out one way or another :roll:

For everyone who is bashing.. w/e just read my post

There are people around the world who walk without shoes. There are people who consider .30$ USD alot of money because they can feed their family with bread.

Most Chinese/Asian goldfarmers don't golfarm because they ENJOY doing it, they do it because they almost have to. They need to feed themselves.. you would ask/say to yourself "Playing a game? Is that a job? lol, pfft. Pathetic."... stop being so ignorant -.-

Not everyone lives in America... so stop trying to come up with ways to ban them.. yes, they ruin the game for many players but try thinking on how their life are.

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

Not sure which point it's making exactly, but anyway

- Of course they will move on to powerleveling, there will always be cheats in rs. That doesn't mean stopping rwt was in vain, as now it is much much less profitable so MOST of the rs rwt'ers will move on to other things, and leave rs behind.

- If it was talking about the conditions of workers blah blah, donating to charities helps more than letting them ruin rs

Wow.

The guy wants a living. True, it ruins the game, but damn...you guys blame the guy for not getting a "true job"

China has a huge popluation. Do you really think there's enough jobs for all of them?

Not all can have that "true job". You guys just get mad 'cause they lower prices. OH WOW BIG DEAL. It's a GAME. Get over your ego self and actually think about their situation for a while.

What would you do if you were one of them? Just think.

Never seen alot of Pathetic Posts in a thread in a while. Sad tbh.

The guy who talked to the gold farmer also is pathetic. What the hell are you talking about when you say you offer him a job.

YEAH. YOUR GOING TO GO TO IMMIGRATION AND ASK THEM TO GIVE YOUR NEW GOLD FARMER "FRIEND" A WORK PERMISSION.

Yeah have fun with that.

DAMN. Didn't think I'll have to get mad on Christmas Day.

China doesn't really accept help except from Japan. So nothing can be done. Just get over the "look at the gold farmer side issue."

It's getting boring.

I knew it!

I told people that would happen.

Can I have his contact info to kill him for ruining the game pl0x? -.-

O well I guess Jagex's next step is to lock your account if a different IP is noticed...........

That would be the stupidist thing in the history of stupid things.

My Current IP changes each time the internet reconnects, not only that but I'm home from University and thus have a different IP there then here.

Some people probably travel for work or something and thus are able to access Runescape from a lot of different places, banning someone for using a different IP is just plain stupid.

Restricting my trade is stupid too you never know.

Also I doubt your gonna pay someone from your area to power level for you it's most likely gonna be from a different country i.e China.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

You have no evidence to support he is American. Your just another idiot living in another country who looks down on Americans since you know, we are all rich, obese, ignorant fools, oblivious to what happens elsewhere in the world. :roll:

Please, next Christmas, try to show your joy in a good way, instead of putting down a group of people based on stereotypes.

This reply confused me muchly as prior to this post I didn't see any mention of america or any things aims specifically at it =S

If it was aimed at my post merely becuz I mentioned uk and went into GBP then it makes no sense at all

Its not there because i reported that filth :roll:

aquasig2lc8.png

Reading the 4 dollars a day made me feel very sorry for him. I spend twice that on a Macdonald's meal, i bring 3 times his wage into school each for lunch.

If there really is a ''god'' he certainly screwed up on that front.

the dam goldfarmer doesnt deserve any better

That comment actuly sickened me to the core. Do you think the goldfarmer dos that job for the fun, the money, the great company benifits..... no, as most of theses are non-existent in 3rd world country jobs.

Im guessing you come from a developed counrty where your parents provide you with everything and getting through life is very simple.

IMO you are a snobby little [cabbage].

Do you even know the economic standard of china. The amount of well paying jobs with good hours, a decent wage or even anything that compares to a 1st world country workplace.... well junior these dont exist as the majority of jobs in china are done in 12 hours shifts with little pay, not even enough to afford a big mac meal for a days work.