Pure Essence: What happened?

cheezekillz

Well Pure essence reached a new high today at 160 Each, and seem to keep climbing in price. Can anyone explain what is fuelling this huge demand? Some say it is the suspected release of the "life rune" while others say it is the result of autoers leaving the market. I think this might be a bit unfair for runecrafters because now they are only making 100gp per nature whereas they used to be making 200gp per, a 50 percent loss in profits :cry: Thoughts?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a ton of people buying 5m+ amounts of pure ess at the highest price possible in hopes of pushes up the prices. I personally know of a person who was a former merchant and is currently buying 12m+ pure ess to hopefully turn over into a huge profit.

You should be happy that you are making 100 gp per something in a skill, most skills take money to even level them. Pure ess turned into a gold mine because most people just want to buy it and not mine their own, PLUS, where are the autoers mining it? THEY ARE GONE...oh noes we have to either A. Buy for a higher price due to high demand, B. Mine your own.

Chart for people who are oblivious about any item on runescape that is priced the way it is.

supply_and_demand.gif

You should be happy that you are making 100 gp per something in a skill, most skills take money to even level them. Pure ess turned into a gold mine because most people just want to buy it and not mine their own, PLUS, where are the autoers mining it? THEY ARE GONE...oh noes we have to either A. Buy for a higher price due to high demand, B. Mine your own.

We should be happy that we lost half our profit? Well I for one am not happy and there's no need for Pure Ess anyways. They should just make it go back to Normal Ess since autoers are gone.

alot of rcers are doing laws now as they go for 330 ea compared to 280 ea for nats

eve with the higher pure ess prices law running now yields a decent profit

law rcers probably do not mind paying the higher price

103rd to 99 farming

think of it this way... if you can mine 1k p ess an hour, thats an easy 160k an hour. Hardly anywork needed, just go back and forth from bank to ess mines.

Personally this is what im doing right now on my pure(no good money making skills) and this is pretty good cash for just an hour. And you don't even need high skills, just 20 mining(i think to mine p ess), and rune mysteries quest completed(like 10-15mins to do?)

On a side note, i bought 50k p ess a month before ge came out at 90ea,(4.5m). Than sold today for 160 ea for 8m, almost 2x profit. So im not complaining, its an easy way to make some decent cash if you have the patience.

99 attack-34,104th to 99 attack.

spirittrack.png

A_Spirit_God.png

:x

Its not that...

This is you culprit: Liferune.png

Everyone thinks a new rune is going to come out... even though in forst development diary they said it wasn't...

Proof of life (runes)

"We actually made the life rune for Classic, but didn't release it. Some players discovered its existence, but there was no way to actually get it."

Paul

RuneScape Content Team

"Initially, we were considering Summoning as an addition to Magic. We actually made the life rune for Classic, but didn't release it. Some players discovered its existence, but there was no way to actually get it," says Paul. Developing the RS2 engine held up things for a while and, by the time we got back to Summoning, there'd been some changes. "At that point, Magic was already filling out and we were also concepting Desert Treasure and alternate spellbooks, so decided it would be better as a new skill rather than an addition to an older one," says Mod Mark.

The life rune, from RuneScape Classic, was never actually released.

After summoning you'll have tons of ess in the market trying to sell.

<.<

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I know that the majority of the pure essence rise isn't because of the Life Rune, it has to be due to the supply and demand.

Here is the story of Pure Ess

-Once upon a time there were autoers, that mined millions of pure ess and sold it to people who runecrafted at amazingly low prices.

-The Big man Jagex decides on one fateful day to not allow these autoers to trade all their pure ess to their mains or other people for no profit to themselves.

-Autoers say we can't make money anymore because of the no unfair trade act and decide runescape is no longer the game for them.

-The next two weeks of only regular people mining pure ess is not enough to keep up with the economy, prices are in a raising trend for the pure ess market.

-Only 1 million pure ess a day is mined, compared to the normal 10-20 million, Price trend keeps going up.

Oh yeah by the way, you can use this formula and trade the word pure essence for Yews, Magics, Green Dragonhide, Dragon Bones and any type of Fish and the story makes sense.

Well there are a few factors:

- All the bots leaving the game- leaves it up to normal players to mine it (small proportion of the population)

- Nature runecrafting. Since you can't get fast xp with world 16 or 99 players are forced to do abyss now.

- The fastest way to make money now is by crafting natures- hence the low prices on nats and high prices on p Ess

Hopefully low levels will take notice of the new Ess prices and take it upon themselves to go mine some more.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Its probably going to get to 200.

After it gets 200 most rc'ers will probably do something else (maybe even mine them them selves) which will make less nats which will raise nat price up to probably 300.

I think at the end it will be 200 for pure ess and 300 for nats.

sig.jpg

Mining your own p ess is still horribly inefficient anyway, if you are making only 100gp profit/ess means you are rcing the wrong rune for profit.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

There'll be a switch where rc-ing isnt as profitable as mining pure ess is :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

A combination of factors.

1. PvP has been effectively killed (or at least mortally wounded) so more people are skilling, and RC has a reputation of being "easy money". More demand.

2. Fewer bots = fewer pure ess miners (though normal people are starting to fill that role now.)

3. Speculation over Summoning.

4. The Grand Excrement. Its 5% limits, which were intended to "increase stability", have the side effect of causing overshoots in item prices that cause them to go up for many days in a row and then down for many days in a row. It has affected many items, not just ess. I predicted this weeks ago, and it is just allowing smart merchants to make more $ than they ever could before the GE.

Impossible to say just how high this bubble will go before it pops, but like all bubbles it *will* pop -- at the very latest when Summoning is released (even if there *is* a new rune -- my prediction).

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The life rune theory only plays a small part. I reckon that 90% (really rough estimate) of Ess miners were bots/RWTers so when they all stop 90% of the pure ess income goes down, forcing the supply up, leading to a high price.

The ess miners were gone weeks ago, and the price already went up from that. Then it went back down a lot, and now it has gone up even more. It's not because of the ess miners this time.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png