Summoning too hard to level?

xlippsx

Maybe i'm missing something, but at level 4 (after the quest) the best exp was dreadfoul pouches which give 9.3exp per pouch made...at a cost of 8 shards (400gp). That means that the 20k i spent on shards only got me roughly 400 shards and only 3720 exp...barely leveling me at all. Anyone else find this annoying?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it will be a money drain and be forgotten like construction...I got lvl 75 cons. and ranked in the top 8,000. green, gold and crimson charms dropped by steel dragons got a lil over 10 each after about 12 steel drags. MAybe charms will be worth alot...

Dankdope86.png

I was looking at the summoning experience per summon... 0.1 exp for summoning the first three monsters... ouch.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I was looking at the summoning experience per summon... 0.1 exp for summoning the first three monsters... ouch.

Thats not for the summoning of the monster, but for using the scroll. As far as I know making pouches is the fastes way to level.

The Ultimate Green Dragon Guide

Don't hate me, just let me ride.

Lord, just give me life.

But you have to take into account that you get exp for making the pouches and what not. And if you turn the pouches into scrolls, you get a small amount of exp when you use them.

Basically... if they allow Tears of Guthix starting next week, the skill will become slightly easier to level.

The main issue is getting the needed resources with hundreds of people running around looking for the same thing. Wouldn't hurt if the shards were a little cheaper though. And I'm sure once I run out of charms... I'll be wishing that old whats his face sold some.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

But you have to take into account that you get exp for making the pouches and what not. And if you turn the pouches into scrolls, you get a small amount of exp when you use them.

Basically... if they allow Tears of Guthix starting next week, the skill will become slightly easier to level.

The main issue is getting the needed resources with hundreds of people running around looking for the same thing. Wouldn't hurt if the shards were a little cheaper though. And I'm sure once I run out of charms... I'll be wishing that old whats his face sold some.

Well... this is a major money drain then... But methinks only the wealthy will be able to train this; go to Canifis, buy as many raw chickens as you need, go to the GE, buy as many gold charms as you need, and go to Taverly and purchase as many summoning pouches/spirit thingies as you need. The poor really CAN'T train this...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I've got level 16 so far from all the charms you get from the quest and have since killed over 100 ogres with none dropped. Knowledge base says they have a "good drop-rate"

Has anyone else been able to get many, and from where?

Avid43.png

I'm afraid i agree, the xp for the pouch of the highets monster is just over 400. That means that even if you could make pouches for the yak at lv 1 (not 96) you would need to make around 301k of them.

some people have worked it out as costing 277mil (havent checked this) without including the secondary materials.

And since charms aren't tradable...have fun levelling :)

logo2d.jpg

From then Knowledge Base...

Where can I get Summoning charms?

There are hundreds of creatures around RuneScape that have charms, so it should be a simple matter of running to a good combat area and killing some monsters to get charms for your Summoning skills.

To get you started, here's a list of some creatures with a decent drop-rate for Summoning charms:

* Fire giants

* Ice giants

* Ogres and jogres

* Blue dragons

Those who enjoy Slayer might also like to try killing the following for some Summoning charms:

* Basilisks

* Bloodveld

Avid43.png

The skill is nothing but a joke if you ask me. I got it to level 10 merely for pet purposes and I got bored of the stupid skill. I won't be training this piece of garbage excuse for a skill unless there is going to be some major tweaking going on.

xxteargodxx.png

The skill is nothing but a joke if you ask me. I got it to level 10 merely for pet purposes and I got bored of the stupid skill. I won't be training this piece of garbage excuse for a skill unless there is going to be some major tweaking going on.
\

sounds like you're way too much of an early quitter

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Well I'm a persistent skiller (look up my stats) but this skill is outrageous.

1. The only way to get xp seems to be making those pouches. How stupid is that? You get xp for grabbing materials and running to an obelisk. The actual summoning of monsters and using them seems to be gaining no xp AT ALL.

It's just extremely boring to train.

2. Speaking about training.. if you want to train with a decent speed, you need an insane ammount of shards, which are 50ea. If you want to get to 99 you need an insane ammount of money. I doubt that there's a skill that's just as expensive as summoning. I calced the ammount of money needed if you do albino rats to 99 (since the meat is RELATIVELY easy to get), and it'll cost you 240m cash.

3. It's slow. The skill has been out for quite some hours now and there's only ONE person ranked. ONE. I have no problem with slow skills, but this is outrageous.

Add that together and you have a slow, boring and extremely expensive skill. I don't know why the hell I want to train it to be honest. I sincerely hope I'm missing something here, something vital to the skill that makes my points invalid, but I have little hope.

It does seem ridiculously slow atm.

Please remember, jagex compared this skill to prayer in multiple ways. It affects combat level the same. And it SHOULD level the same. Prayer is very slow exp and costly as well if you choose to speed things up by buying your bones. Summoning should obviously be the same way.

I hate people that just complain about not having lvl 50+ summoning after a few hours. i mean common people.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

I'm going to just collect every single charm I can from monster killing, I have no idea how much this will speed up my training when I start but hopefully it is a noticeable boost.

Also, is it the actual training that is slow or the fact the charms are hard to come by?