Your favorite book/book series

IeatWindex

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also trying to remmeber the name of a book about a man who can see ghosts, like Elvis, and he tries to solve crimes or something. I have a feeling "Thomas" or "Tom" is in the title.

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz; I read that book over a year ago, and it was pretty good, just didn't like the ending.

Two of my favorite books ever are 1984 and The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

As for series, I love Lord of the Rings and I loved most of the Harry Potter series (I hated books 6 and 7).

There are probably more, but I can't think of any at the moment.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

People still read books? :o

Last book I read was like two years ago, Number the Stars.

Everything after that was forced, for academic purposes. :?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Series... Has to be either the Inheritance Trilogy (yeah not really a series), Twilight and its sequels (YOU NEED TO READ THEM!!) or the Lord of the Rings.

My all-time favorite though would be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Favorite genre is FANTASY!!

Also love Artemis Fowl, Alex Rider, Ranger's Apprentice, Sea of Trolls/Land of the Silver Apples, In the House of the Scorpion, the list goes on and on...

By Twilight do you mean the Warriors series?The one with the cats?

I love J.R.R. Tolkein and his friend.C.S. Lewis' work,the Narnia movies hardly do justice to it,and they didn't follow the time line =(.

Didn't really like Harry Potter,though.It was great when it first came out,and I was like 7,but at this point I (sorry) found Deathly Hallows a bit predictable.

And I agree,I love fantasy,and historical fiction,but I don't really get the Ranger's Apprentice...I dunno.

Oh,but one of my favourite books has to be that one with the portrait,and as the guys does bad things the portrait ages.Can't remember the name,but I think he was one of the original Extraordinary Gentlemen(The era with that vampiress,and came out in the movie)...His name was something Gray I believe?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

The Ender series by Orson Scott Card, most of Robin McKinley's Books, and then there's the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, the Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix, and then Harry Potter is pretty good. And the Laura Ingalls Wilder books (Little House on the Prairie books -- my favorite being These Happy Golden Years).

• 2 weeks later...
Oh,but one of my favourite books has to be that one with the portrait,and as the guys does bad things the portrait ages.Can't remember the name,but I think he was one of the original Extraordinary Gentlemen(The era with that vampiress,and came out in the movie)...His name was something Gray I believe?

You're thinking of The Picture of Dorian Grey, by Oscar Wilde. It's one of my favorite books, as well--very creative and original. ::'

------

On a side-note, has anyone read Issac Asimov's fiction works? They're simply amazing.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Ahh, I'm on book 8 of WoT. . . I can't stop. . .

I read the Assimov short story about the cotton-candy aliens. Very weird. I'm not sure if he wrote Flowers for Algernon, but that's another great read.

p2gq.jpg

favorite book is 'The color of Water'

I don't know, I just find it epic

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

That reminds me, apparently there's a book called epic... :-s

And my mom wants me to get some books to read over the summer...I think I've made a good list using the posts from this thread, The Sword of Truth and Ranger's Apprentice are at the top. Wheel of Time and Pendragon are also ones I'd like to check out, but probably won't have time. Any other suggestions? I'm looking for fantasy, preferably with a lot of fighting. Can't really stand books where all that happens is talking.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

-The Edge Chronicles were an awesome series, in the Twig Saga a boy who joins young boy tries to discover who his father was and joins a group called the sky pirates that fly in the air chasing storms and the less.

I'm not the only person who reads them! \' My favorite book series <3:

(BTW, it's not "were" an awesome series, there's still 1 more book left!)

That reminds me, apparently there's a book called epic... :-s

And my mom wants me to get some books to read over the summer...I think I've made a good list using the posts from this thread, The Sword of Truth and Ranger's Apprentice are at the top. Wheel of Time and Pendragon are also ones I'd like to check out, but probably won't have time. Any other suggestions? I'm looking for fantasy, preferably with a lot of fighting. Can't really stand books where all that happens is talking.

Ahh, you'll love the Sword of Truth (SoT) series then. The book is centered around fighting, one giant army (think 85% of the world or more), versus almost everyone else. There is a bit of talk, but it's all interesting (especially if you enjoy philosophy and strategy), and all the fights are incredibly epic. If you're a bit of a history buff, you'll be able to see many similarities between famous battles and the battles within the book.

If you want a good fantasy, read 1984 by George Orwell. Fantastic book, and has a really good message. It's a bit boring in the beginning, but trust me, it's well worth the wait reading the boring parts. I've read it 4-5 times and each time I'll read something different, and get something else out of it.

Also, check out His Dark Materials. It's really a fantastically done series. There isn't as much fighting as compared to like SoT series, but it's still worth the time to read.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

Ahh, you'll love the Sword of Truth (SoT) series then. The book is centered around fighting, one giant army (think 85% of the world or more), versus almost everyone else. There is a bit of talk, but it's all interesting (especially if you enjoy philosophy and strategy), and all the fights are incredibly epic. If you're a bit of a history buff, you'll be able to see many similarities between famous battles and the battles within the book.

If you want a good fantasy, read 1984 by George Orwell. Fantastic book, and has a really good message. It's a bit boring in the beginning, but trust me, it's well worth the wait reading the boring parts. I've read it 4-5 times and each time I'll read something different, and get something else out of it.

Goodkind is an absolute genius. I read the Sword of Truth series in under a year and that was waiting from last August until November for the final book to come out.

If you liked 1984 I would strongly advise you to read Brave New World. It is the best dystopian society book that I have ever read in my life. It's a must read for any science-fiction reader.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Without sounding arrogant, the book is called 1984, and I would hardly call it fantasy.

Edited it in for your sake. I saw him put 1985 and for some reason it didn't even register :? I've read the book too haha.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I LOVE His Dark Materials. Probably the best books I've ever read. Changed my views on the entire world, to be honest. I don't understand why people thought he was anti-religion, that book really made me know my religion even better.

I'm struggling through Atlas Shrugged, but a lot of it is over my head. Should I read the Fountainhead first?

I have to read a biography for next year, which isn't fun in the least. I prefer fiction, to be honest

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I was forced to read it in school and it was pretty good actually. To be completely honest, I'm not a reader. I don't have the patience to sit down and read a book anymore.