What Are You Doing Now, Lifewise.

NickCini

Well, I was thinking about this the other day.

At the moment I am finishing my GCSE's, (one left on the 20th June) and after that I am going to college to study English Language, Philosophy, History and Biology. It's coming up to the time of year that people make the jump from primary to secondary school, secondary to college, college to uni etc. People are doing final exams and years worth of work is culminating into 2 hours of looking at a paper.

Who is doing what? Exam wise. When are all you tifers who aren't in England doing exams, how do your exams work?

What are you hoping to study next year, where are you going? Are you lucky enough to be finally rid of education all together?

I look forward to reading your responses.

Nick.

And if you do all you can, that's all you can ever do. - Warren Rudman

But men are men; the best sometimes forget. - William Shakespeare

6bveg5y.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attending St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud, Minnesota as a freshman and I'm studying to become a high school history teacher.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

My A-Level exams went horribly, so it's most probably another year at collage for me. :(

Oh well, a few of my friends in the same boat.

iteme3721.jpg

Waiting for this kid to pop out :D Then I can either go back to uni or take a whole 360 and do massage therapy/natural medicine.

Annnnd getting a new car =D>

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Our exams start this week, on Thursday. I have to write a history one and a math one. This is my second last year in school. :( I'm a little scared of the future. xD I hope to go into the university for computer science in the fall of 2009. :D It's a little intimidating... thinking about university already... but I suppose I'll get used to all the changes and stuff won't I? :)

Blakdragon39.png

Well, graduated from highschool in 2006 and went to college for a year in Biotechnology but dropped out since I wasn't insterested anymore last November. I currently work at a grocery store to pay my loan and also until I go to college again in september in computer science.

Having promiscuous sex and eating vegetables.

At the same time?

I just graduated from High School and I don't have definite plans for the fall. I was accepted at two universities (and only applied to 2, so that was really good) and got offered a TON of scholarship money, but even with $20k off when the school is $36k a year, it's too much money for me.

So I withdrew my deposits from both and now it looks like I'll be going to the community college for the first year.

As for this summer, I've been doing a lot of work around the house (parents just put it on the market two days ago), so if it sells then I'll either get an apartment here or move to wherever they go. I want to travel a bit; I live in Oregon so I'll probably just go to Seattle and maybe Disneyland. I don't plan on getting a job right away. Maybe in the fall.

These last 2 weeks since graduation I've been reading a LOT, sleeping a LOT, doing a ton of yardwork and playing Mario Kart on my N64. Maybe someday I'll get a Wii. Yay.

Preparing for exams...writing up that cheat sheet for the science exam...studying two books for English exam...stretching my muscles for the Gym Exam, which is a soccer game...and breathing for I don't have a fourth exam.

Life is just too hard.

I just finished my Junior year in high school. My last exam will have been two weeks ago this Tuesday. Once the summer is over I will be starting my Senior year which will be a lot of fun (not) because I will be looking at colleges, filling out apps., etc. I have no idea where I want to go to college yet, but I do think I want to study Animal Science or Computer Science.

Not sure if this is part of the question :P but so far this summer I have mostly been rereading my favourite books, working on stuff for Tip.it (fixing the forum, some dynamic signature stuff, etc.), watching movies, hanging out with friends and visiting relatives (my grandmother died a few days ago, so I've been seeing a lot of my relatives).

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

stretching my muscles for the Gym Exam, which is a soccer game.

Whoah, how does that work?

Final exams were last week for me, which means summer has arrived! This is gonna be my year, this is gonna be the Summer of George!....Even though my name's not George.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Reading up some grades... Have to re-apply tho, i fuged some tests lol. But when i finish it, i will apply for uni - network technician.

Watching the euro cup... Go Sweden&Germany!

Thinking if i should go to Germany in late autumn/winter and visit some "friends". But we've only exchanged a couple of mails the last 5 months or so... And not seen neither of them online on msn the lasts months, just a few times... So i don't know... Probably not...

Otherwise i don't know... I should probably do some better training and loose some fat.

Trying to quit snus (nicotine)... Not good to have started when i was 14 (20 now), hope i'll fix it.

Otherwise i don't have much plans.. Oh wait! Right, i'm gonna get a pair of reading-glasses for when i'm sitting by the computer (since i spend.. errrr... 10+ hours a day at it....).

Fun, not.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Attending St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud, Minnesota as a freshman and I'm studying to become a high school history teacher.

Wow crazy, substitute Attending The University of Northern Iowa.

History Education is a pretty sweet major.

-Stud112

Banned

-Arkadian

113 combat

Studsig7f.jpg

Well, we get the ball out, we then divide ourselves into teams, and then we...

The school board ignores the physical education department, thus there's crappy policies, and fun loopholes to take advantage of. One of which leads us to a soccer game as our exam. :)

They mark it out of participation, motivation, and any other word that ends with 'ation'.

Finished my exams last week. Did alright on them, probably all Bs and a C on that blasted Math exam. But for now I'm waiting for my Junior year in September being bored out of my mind in my little room. :|

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Well, we get the ball out, we then divide ourselves into teams, and then we...

The school board ignores the physical education department, thus there's crappy policies, and fun loopholes to take advantage of. One of which leads us to a soccer game as our exam. :)

They mark it out of participation, motivation, and any other word that ends with 'ation'.

Fornication? :P

Term 2 of 4, exams atm, dying here. Looking to head to Uni and become a PC nerd.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Going to be a Jr in New York University.. double majoring in biochem and psychology with a math minor.. also pre-med. This summer.. doing researches.. one in Columbia Medical Center and one in NYU. Going to study abroad in London this Fall... and travel across Asia in the winter. Studying for MCAT and chillin with Bf on free time.

Lilcutiepie

RSC 119

2001-2005

I'm pretty much exactly half way through my 3 year undergraduate course, majoring in biochemistry. I'll probably continue education after that with some postgrad course.

What course are you doing? It may be different for Sydney, I'm thinking about pursuing biochemistry, but I'm not sure of the course, what the course specifically involves etc etc.

untitled-1.png

The biggest thing in my life at the moment would be that I'm looking to buy a house. Quite depressing, because I *really* want to do it on my own and that means I'm on a *really* tight budget. The amount of crap houses I've seen until now is not only sad, but also thoroughly demotivating.

And counting down the days until I take a long holiday in Tuscany... A whole month of not worrying about loans and building projects! And to think that only a few years ago, I had 3 months worth of summer holiday. Oh well, 59 days to go.

And very minor, Runescapewise... I'll be getting 99 slayer in a month, which is something I've looked forward to for a long time as well.

What kind of trade would you like to get in to Jem?

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.